Difficulty Levels in 3.0.0

Finally. Oh Finally.

Now I am bummed about 2.5. I want less difficulties now.

I think that with the labirinths already, the game could have cut one difficulty.

We now Have 12 acts + 3 difficulty labirinth + engame Labirinth.

I would never do more than 1 character per league unless I am on vacation.
IGN: Pumar, Pumam , PumarR , PumaPunch , PumaWander , PumaCleave, PumaSlams
Last edited by ropumar on Sep 26, 2016, 7:35:22 PM
Going into full nerdy fan mode...

I hope act 5 is a full trip into nightmare. You kill Malachai, but he retreats into the portal that opens, which leads into the source of his power, a twisted surreal environment where forms melt and fuse together like paint (the Salvador Dali act). When you finish the act, Final Mal tries to use his control of reality to reverse the flow of time and undo your victory, but Diala bubbles you and tps you back in time to twilight coast to protect your memory and power, preferably causing a corpse explosion animation on top of where past you starts the game (telefragged!). This would be a great opportunity to present a new element in the game; in-engine cutscenes, so the camera can cut to diala in highgate.

Also, I would love it if the second difficulty was altered to some degree; NPC dialogue about deja vu, enhanced fear of the player character e.g: "where did you come from? You didn't wash up" and "You're no exile! We've had enough strange visitor as of late...".

Bring on the Realm of Nightmare!
Great. It will be fun to see how you solve so many issues (bandits, labyrinth, resistance penalties). Also, you said you were adding a boss to unlock Navali.

Suggestion: add Rigwald to the acts. DO IT. DO IT. DO IT.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
We want DINOSAURS in Act 5! Please make dinosaurs in act 5 GGG!
The nature of this goes to act 1 to 10, then mapping as the final. At least that's what I've seen since the start of play. It would make perfect sense (to me) to have normal act 1 - 5, then cruel 1 - 5, then mapping becoming merciless. Which leaves room for 5 more acts to give a complete flow of story from act 1 to act 10, then mapping to find the shaper, which is the real endgame.
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming
Feel 15 acts would be good. There is a lot of room for Mapping, and to me it still takes a lot of room, actually too much. I don't want to feel like it is all about rushing through acts, and merely 10 acts would give this feeling. Even some adjustments to say Act 2 already felt like it was very short.

I don't see the need, and it feel like the pitfall a lot of games went into, when thinking the draw is end game content. It isn't.
Last edited by Dracolich70 on Sep 26, 2016, 9:05:59 PM
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Ashriel wrote:
Very nice. When can we expect to not have to level alts to 70 through 10 grueling, mind-numbing acts just to test out a build idea?
Go play Diablo 3. You can get carried to 70 in about 5 minutes.

Leveled a lot of characters over the years? Or do you just work for the PoE design team and have no idea what you're talking about? Leveling alts is without a doubt the absolute worst thing about this game right now.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
"
Ashriel wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Ashriel wrote:
Very nice. When can we expect to not have to level alts to 70 through 10 grueling, mind-numbing acts just to test out a build idea?
Go play Diablo 3. You can get carried to 70 in about 5 minutes.

Leveled a lot of characters over the years? Or do you just work for the PoE design team and have no idea what you're talking about? Leveling alts is without a doubt the absolute worst thing about this game right now.
I don't agree, and I have made 65 chars, if not a whole lot more in 2 years. Last league I made 9 SC and 1HC chars, and enjoy the progression from nothing to something, seeing the build evolve.
Last edited by Dracolich70 on Sep 26, 2016, 9:08:44 PM
"
Dracolich70 wrote:
enjoy the progression from nothing to something, seeing the build evolve.

Except that most builds don't progress or evolve, they're just some transitional build that is NOTHING like the final end resulst, then at a certain point you respec/equip all your gear for the build.

Like my current build, it's a Melee Necro, but I lvl'd as SRS until 73 before I respec'd to Reave.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
"
Dracolich70 wrote:
enjoy the progression from nothing to something, seeing the build evolve.

Except that most builds don't progress or evolve, they're just some transitional build that is NOTHING like the final end resulst, then at a certain point you respec/equip all your gear for the build.

Like my current build, it's a Melee Necro, but I lvl'd as SRS until 73 before I respec'd to Reave.
That is because they speed rush through content to reach end content. Of course if you try to make a similar build each and every time till lvl 68, it will feel like it is a chore. But that is the mindset being the problem.

Reave is already viable as you get Multistrike at lvl 38, and that is one of the slowest ones.
Last edited by Dracolich70 on Sep 26, 2016, 9:24:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info