Templar - Guardian Ascendancy Questions!

Hy all,

About these Guardian Nodes:
Radiant Faith
Grants maximum Energy Shield equal to 15% of your Reserved Mana to you and nearby Allies
Grants Armour equal to 160% of your Reserved Life to you and nearby Allies
Unwavering Faith
Auras you Cast grant +1% Physical Damage Reduction to you and Allies
Auras you Cast grant 0.2% of Maximum Life Regenerated per second to you and Allies

Can someone confirm if these 2 will affect my totems ?!
Thinking of making a Dual RF Totem Guardian and buff my totem this way to give them some armour and some Energy Shield to boost it's damage.

Regards, InfinityAtEnd!
Long Live the Templars !!!!
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2016, 1:30:06 AM
Radiant Faith affects totems 100% without any caveats.

Unwavering Faith is a little more complicated.

Your totems use your offensive stats when using skills. Because of this GGG has disabled offensive auras like Haste from affecting totems at all. Totems have their own defensive stats though, so defensive auras like determination are allowed to affect them.
This made sense back in the day but now that every aura can be embued with additional offensive or defensive effects through the Guardian or Necromancer ascendancy classes the distinction between offensive and defensive auras is a fairly confusing mechanic in my opnion, but I digress.

What it means in the case of Unwavering Faith is that Anger, Wrath, Hatred, Haste and Vaal Haste wont grant totems within their area of effect the 1% additional phys damage reduction nor the 0.2% maximum life regeneration. The remaining defensive auras will however.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Last edited by Mokihiki on Sep 26, 2016, 6:08:45 PM
"
Mokihiki wrote:

Your totems use your offensive stats when using skills. Because of this GGG has disabled offensive auras like Haste from affecting totems at all. Totems have their own defensive stats though, so defensive auras like determination are allowed to affect them.
This made sense back in the day but now that every aura can be embued with additional offensive or defensive effects through the Guardian or Necromancer ascendancy classes the distinction between offensive and defensive auras is a fairly confusing mechanic in my opnion, but I digress.

What it means in the case of Unwavering Faith is that Anger, Wrath, Hatred, Haste and Vaal Haste wont grant totems within their area of effect the 1% additional phys damage reduction nor the 0.2% maximum life regeneration. The remaining defensive auras will however.

What, are you sure that is the case?
From what I know.

All auras affect totems, offensively or defensively. However, Totems only use your offensive stats, so whether the offensive auras affect the totem or not is irrelevant.
In the case of Unwavering Faith, where each aura also provides 1% physical damage reduction and 0.2% max life regeneration, they would all apply to the totem.
"
Starxsword wrote:
What, are you sure that is the case?
From what I know.

All auras affect totems, offensively or defensively. However, Totems only use your offensive stats, so whether the offensive auras affect the totem or not is irrelevant.
In the case of Unwavering Faith, where each aura also provides 1% physical damage reduction and 0.2% max life regeneration, they would all apply to the totem.

I tested it before making the post.

Used a Guardian with Unwavering Faith and a Flame Totem. Having only Anger on wouldn't result in the totem getting the small blue "ally getting affected by an aura" graphic swirling around it. Having only Determination active would result in the graphic being present.

So unless I made a mistake of some kind or there's a visual bug involved one doesn't work while the other does.

It's probably something that GGG will change eventually. Like totems having 0 max frenzy and power charges even though Victario's Charity can grant them charges to potentially Discharge; it used to make sense to have these limits to lower the server load or something but now it kinda impedes on gameplay.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Last edited by Mokihiki on Sep 26, 2016, 11:27:09 PM
"
Mokihiki wrote:

Since I plan to be using RF Totems, none of the offensive auras will boost my totem damage...I was more interested if I use multiple defensive auras will affect me, my totem and will give him the physical reduction bonus also...

Planing on going low life and use the following auras:
Primary- Discipline, Purity of Fire, Purity of Ice, Purity of Lighting and a level 1 Clarity
Secondary- Determination or Grace and 1 or 2 curses on blasphemy: Level 1 Vulnerability, Flammability, Temporal Chains.
Long Live the Templars !!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info