Temp Chains vs. Enfeeble

Hi folks,

surely discussed a million times, but need a short advice.

Leveling a dual strike melee build in EHC atm( going Trickster), and will convert into Evasion/CI/Dual Blasphemy Cursing later on.

As melee nub, I'm curious what curse fits better for my build now. First Curse is Warlords Mark ofc, but I'm unsure about the second one. Enfeeble was my alltime no brainer as defensive curse setup, but I'm unsure what fit's this build better (As CI melee and after the nerf to Enfeeble)

Any ideas?

ty
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

Last bumped on Sep 27, 2016, 10:23:27 AM
Riot man, fuck WM, use both for insane survavability and get leech / end. charges from other sources ^^
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Riot man, fuck WM, use both for insane survavability and get leech / end. charges from other sources ^^

gotta agree with that, if you're an attacker leech is pretty easy to get in the tree or on gear (even if you're ele attack now), though i guess it might be a bit out of the way for CI. And EC's aren't hard to get and maintain with the occasional enduring cry, and you can still count on getting them against bosses without adds. I'd just go enfeeble+temp chains.

But, if you're adamant about choosing...

If you're just using them without quality/Enhance, enfeeble is generally better. The amount of dps you take off of enemies with temp chains is about the same as the dps you take off enemies with enfeeble's less damage effect, but enfeeble also has the reduced accuracy/crit stuff, and in particular the accuracy stuff is huge if you're going evasion (especially with the 20% more chance to evade with Trickster, and especially if you're also using blind).

Temp chains does have the added benefit of making it easier to outright avoid SOME damage entirely by manual movement, but doesn't soften up the stuff that does manage to hit you (and once enemies have completed their attack/cast animations the projectiles or whatnot they fire will still go normal speed... you can slow down how fast an enemy can cast firestorm on your head, but once it starts dropping it'll hit at a normal pace and for full damage, for example). Enfeeble won't assist in helping you avoid being hit, but it'll make you much more able to survive the stuff that does hit.

However, if you're using quality/Enhance with your curse, it gets murkier, cuz temp chains stands to gain a lot from high quality (its quality increases the base slow %), while enfeeble gains relatively less (its quality increases the base accuracy and crit chance reduction, doesn't affect the 'less damage dealt'). If you're going that route by chance, temp chains would probably be better.

So yeah, if you really want Warlord's, the other should probably be Enfeeble if you're not using quality/Enhance, Temp Chains if you are. But really, drop warlord's and use both.
Last edited by Shppy on Sep 26, 2016, 7:36:24 PM
Enfeeble is just a defensive curse.

Temp chains is defensive and offensive. It is not as good defensively as Enfeeble for a melee character, but offensively it makes status effects last longer on enemies.

Does your build rely on status effects (eg: poison stacking)? In that case, temp chains is very appealing. Otherwise, definitely go enfeeble. The synergy with evasion is really nice, and it's better vs 1-hit kills too. You don't really want to be manually dodging anyway, as a dual striker.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Hy guys, really good points so far, ty for that :)

"
SunL4D2 wrote:

"
Shppy wrote:

gotta agree with that, if you're an attacker leech is pretty easy to get in the tree or on gear (even if you're ele attack now), though i guess it might be a bit out of the way for CI. And EC's aren't hard to get and maintain with the occasional enduring cry, and you can still count on getting them against bosses without adds. I'd just go enfeeble+temp chains.

Good point, have to think about it. WM is just a great QoL, and I just chicken around if I got enough leech elseway in a melee CI build. Maybe I'll stay on Blooddrinker after going CI/Ghost Reaver and got sum leech on equip till then.

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Enfeeble is just a defensive curse.

Temp chains is defensive and offensive. It is not as good defensively as Enfeeble for a melee character, but offensively it makes status effects last longer on enemies.

Does your build rely on status effects (eg: poison stacking)? In that case, temp chains is very appealing. Otherwise, definitely go enfeeble. The synergy with evasion is really nice, and it's better vs 1-hit kills too. You don't really want to be manually dodging anyway, as a dual striker.

Was thinking about HoA prolif .....
Would need to selfcast one curse then, I'll see how far I get with this.

TY again for the answers :)
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info