I don't think the game is fair...

My stats
1. 80-90% physical reduction.
2. 85% elemental reduction
3. 43% chaos reduction
4. Life 6200
5. marauder with fortify enhanced with ascendancy point.

And I got one shot in excavation map with VERY easy map mods.

I think the game is cheating to stop your progress. It's just BIG BULLSHIT!!!!

I did 100 times this map without dead and much harder stats.
Last edited by Kastmar on Sep 26, 2016, 2:12:33 PM
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2016, 1:38:41 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:55:56 PM
"
Kastmar wrote:
My stats
1. 80-90% physical reduction.
2. 85% elemental reduction
3. 43% chaos reduction
4. Life 6200
5. marauder with fortify enhanced with ascendancy point.

And I got one shot in excavation map with VERY easy map mods.

I think the game is cheating to stop your progress. It's just BIG BULLSHIT!!!!

Sounds like you need to git gud. But seriously, IIRC Chaos resist is irrelevant in Excavation, so scrap that. 80-90% physical reduction (on character sheet?) should be taken with a grain of salt. Physical damage reduction from Armour suffers from pretty large diminishing returns. You aren't actually going to get 90% reduction from a huge one-shotting hit from a boss.

Without knowing exactly what it was that hit you and killed you, it is hard to say what you should change. There is a lot of fire damage in there though.

Set your profile and character tab to public so we can see your gear/tree etc. and actually make recommendations.
U MAD?
Last edited by Docbp87 on Sep 26, 2016, 2:17:04 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
You realize that 80% physical damage reduction on your character sheet doesn't mean that incoming physical damage will get reduced by 80% right? Armour mechanics don't work like that, they really shouldn't put that terribly inaccurate estimate on the summary sheet.

Do you remember what you got hit by?
By bosses trio. And I know about reduction. But what defense you have to have to be safe. I forgot to mention boss was cursed with enfeeble.
Last edited by Kastmar on Sep 26, 2016, 2:18:07 PM
Endgame poe is a numbers game, a calculation your build must solve.

Also remember curses on bosses are 60% less effective.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:56:19 PM
"
Kastmar wrote:
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
You realize that 80% physical damage reduction on your character sheet doesn't mean that incoming physical damage will get reduced by 80% right? Armour mechanics don't work like that, they really shouldn't put that terribly inaccurate estimate on the summary sheet.

Do you remember what you got hit by?
By bosses trio. And I know about reduction. But what defense you have to have to be safe. I forgot to mention boss was cursed with enfeeble.

Yeah, but what hit you? There are three bosses that each have very different mechanics. Which one hit you, and with what attack?
U MAD?
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:

edit: forgot probably the most important part: Basalt and (to a lesser extent) Granite flasks. If you have Basalt, 4xEndurance and stand still with Arctic Armor you have a true 74% physical damage reduction. You can add in Chaos Golem and hit 78%, although I think %phys reduction starts to have diminishing returns past 75% (so you can't actually reach 100% reduced).

No that's not how it works. You would have 40% flat from reduction from 4 end charges, basalt and choas golem + w/e % phys reduction armour contributed depending on hit then the remaining damage would be reduced by 20% from fortify and then finally the 13% from AA.

So ignoring armour's contributions for simplicity's sake it would look like from a 1k hit: 1k initial -> 40% phys reduction 600 -> 20% fortify 480 -> 13% AA -> 398 final damage not 260.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:56:49 PM
Mobs can crit, ill just leave this here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info