Late feedback for voltaxic nerf

Hi. I have played a lot of PoE, but haven't played for quite some time. I have one ''expensive'' late game character that a lot of my currency have gone into. That character is the LA/BR voltaxic ranger with a 6L voltaxic, expensive chaos dmg% jewels and so on.
So I return to the game to find out that Voltaxic Rift has been nerfed (along with other lightning to chaos convert items), and I think ''Great. I kind of expected a nerf to this since it's so strong, so my items have increased in value like every other good unique item that gets nerfed in PoE. I then find out that the programmers/developers have decided to make an exeption of how they handle nerfs with these exact unique items, so the nerf is done to existing items aswell. So my most expensive item on my entire account along with some of the expensive items that fit the build have decreased significantly in value since they have nerfed it differently than every other item in the whole damn game. How is this fair? Every other unique gets their legacy items if they were found pre-nerf. Did GGG ever justify this in any way? It has made me strongly reconsider returning to the game. If nerfs were done like that on every unique it wouldn't be a problem to me, because then you'd know that there was a risk, but this is just completely bulls*** to me. Anyone got a good explanation?
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2016, 10:19:16 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
They have said that they try to not create legacy items when possible. Even as somebody who used to play just standard a lot, I am glad that they aren't making as many items legacy compared to how every single nerf or buff used to make legacy items.

That being said, I do have a lot of low ticket legacy items saved up for collection purposes rather than any value in them. Would personally like to see all legacy items be removed by having the approximate percentile of the stats be converted over and be done with it when possible. Unfortunately, legacy owners in general would whine like no tomorrow.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
They apparently change the global mechanism of elemental to chaos conversion, and not just the item themselves, which is why it affected every item in the game.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
They have said that they try to not create legacy items when possible. Even as somebody who used to play just standard a lot, I am glad that they aren't making as many items legacy compared to how every single nerf or buff used to make legacy items.

That being said, I do have a lot of low ticket legacy items saved up for collection purposes rather than any value in them. Would personally like to see all legacy items be removed by having the approximate percentile of the stats be converted over and be done with it when possible. Unfortunately, legacy owners in general would whine like no tomorrow.

Except the whole idea around creating them were to allow people to keep the "broken" or stronger items in their current value\forms. So while you might be OK with it, it should be understandable why others would not be.

OP they changed all the items that converted ele>chaos as a "mechanics change" so it was part of it. I don't agree but its how they've addressed double dipping to an extent I guess.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"

If they didn't want to create legacy items they shouldn't have done it from the start. It's bullshit that all the other expensive unique owners gets to keep their value (or actually increase it), and then they nerf voltaxic, and people like me get screwed over because they have changed their minds suddenly. The global change reason is bullshit to me aswell. You CAN make global changes to all the uniques, but it breakes the weaker ones (lets take kaoms as an example. Instead of only changing the item from 1000 life to 500 they could have reduced all unique items life to 50% of the original. Of course they didn't and it would have been wrong because it would make a lot of unique items complete shit. But with the voltaxic global change it's practically the same thing. You just don't notice it as much since there is only a few uniques with that mechanic. The consuming dark daggers weren't used that much even as they were, but now with the global change they are shit). It seems like either they've done it to make it easier for the programmers or they have changed their minds about legacy items which changes the entire game. Legacy items were a big + to the game for me. I think it's cool that you can have something that can't be found in the game any longer, and that you don't have to worry about your existing uniques getting nerfed. Well. At least I thought so until I used most of my currency on a 6L voltaxic and got shit on...
"

Obviously GGG is creating legacy items on purpose to keep the game running and interesting and create rewards for active users. Voltaxic just wasn't any of them.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"

Except the whole idea around creating them were to allow people to keep the "broken" or stronger items in their current value\forms. So while you might be OK with it, it should be understandable why others would not be.

OP they changed all the items that converted ele>chaos as a "mechanics change" so it was part of it. I don't agree but its how they've addressed double dipping to an extent I guess.

Nice to see that somebody understands where I'm coming from.
The whole league system makes it ok to keep these strong/OP/broken items in their current form since they can only be kept in the standard league in the long run and I think it makes the game that more charming. I love the legacy system, but I think it's so unfair to decide that it shouldn't apply to a few items so casual players who invest A LOT of their currency on a strong unique get screwed over.
I should clarify, as the game is now, even when I play standard, I have no problem when playing with others and I see/notice legacy gear. If it makes them happy fine. I'm not going to go out of my way to complain since I don't care that much.

The thing that does irk me is when you come across somebody's build guide and they are boasting about massive dps/life whatever and you look further down "oh a legacy Kaom's Heart/Soul Taker. No shit sherlock."

But yes, not going to complain in the slightest when mechanical changes like conversion cause no legacy nerfs. The price you paid for a Voltaxic when it was 100% was because that was the value at the time and you had access to it earlier than most people, now with divination cards and the number of voltaic that came out from perandus, the price has dropped alongside the global nerf. Mjolner's got shit on recently by the buff/nerf to triggers. Don't personally care. Understandable that people owning the 50% legacies feel bad but I also don't think the game should be balanced around legacy items existing in standard. If anything this goes to show you shouldn't specifically invest in legacy gear or risk getting your items devalued. In the case of the Voltaxic, I feel that it was simply a semi-natural/expected depreciation of value.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
Joergensen92 wrote:
How is this fair? Every other unique gets their legacy items if they were found pre-nerf.

I would like to buy some a legacy Atziri's Acuity. And after that I would really like to enjoy my legacy 50% Mjölner. rofl
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Joergensen92 wrote:
How is this fair? Every other unique gets their legacy items if they were found pre-nerf.

How are legacy items fair in the first place? They should not exist, period.

BTW, other leagacy items got the same treatment in the past (Crown of Eyes for example).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info