Witch of the Cauldron advice (Burial Chambers Boss)

So, been running pretty well overall with my character named Hopefully_Viable. A crit-ele trapper mostly using Vortex and Firestorm traps, the freezes are real most of the time. However, this particular boss wrecked me. So many bodies everywhere that I found it difficult to keep dodging every spot where Detonate Dead was a threat.

I was wondering how I should go about tackling this particular hurdle. Would a spell totem with Detonate Dead be enough to really lock this boss down you think? I'm not particularly (or at all) spec'd for totems, so I'm not sure the totem would even survive terribly long enough to make a difference. I do have a Vaal Detonate Dead, but it's pretty much just one-shot and gone for the rest of the fight.

I welcome all advice and my characters are set to public should that help my situation at all. Thank you very much for your time.
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
Last bumped on Sep 26, 2016, 4:22:39 AM
Detonate dead totems. Vaal detonate dead. Purity of fire + ruby flask.

I usually just go face as quick as possible and out leech the damage.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Alrighty. I'll give the totems and Vaal DD a shot then. I didn't even consider a flask for some reason, I guess I forget that they raise your max res XD
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
Also devouring totem.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Devouring Totem? Why didn't that even cross my mind? That's a fantastic idea :D
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
--Update--
Yeah, with devouring totem on my side, I didn't even need to ruby flask at all. My traps eat my mana like crazy, so that totem would just crunch up every corpse nearby (also, faster casting support and inc. duration for the totem), and serve as a distraction for all the adds as well.

<3 Thank you so much Silumit for the suggestion on that <3
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info