Question about Offerings and Minion support gems

Offerings have the Minion keyword in their tags, and when you socket them linked with minion support gems, the Offering skill shows the support gem's letter over its Icon in the bottom right, and the gems light up together when you hover over one of them as though they were linked.

But I suspect they don't actually do anything, right? It's not like your minions get the effect of support gem when the Offering is in effect. That would be neat, but I don't think there are very many gems worth linking to Offerings.
Last bumped on Sep 26, 2016, 11:54:58 PM
"
mjc354 wrote:
Offerings have the Minion keyword in their tags, and when you socket them linked with minion support gems, the Offering skill shows the support gem's letter over its Icon in the bottom right, and the gems light up together when you hover over one of them as though they were linked.

But I suspect they don't actually do anything, right? It's not like your minions get the effect of support gem when the Offering is in effect. That would be neat, but I don't think there are very many gems worth linking to Offerings.

Minion Damage, for instance, won't do anything with an offering. Even if it were to apply, there would be no minions summoned via an offering to apply to.

I'm guessing Convocation is the same way too, huh?
The most important part about offerings being minion gems is either +level to minion gems or the bow Null's Inclination with mistress of sacrifice.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
mjc354 wrote:
I'm guessing Convocation is the same way too, huh?

Convocation just moves minions, it doesn't create one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info