Some questions about Vortex

1. Does elemental/cold/AoE/trap/mine damage affect the DoT?
2. Does elemental/cold penetration affect the DoT?
3. Does EE + Pyre keep the DoT as cold damage?
Last bumped on Sep 25, 2016, 11:12:31 PM
1. Assuming you've Trapped/Mined it, yes.
2. No. Pen is an on-Hit modifier.
3. Yes, DoT cannot be Converted.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

A small piece of extra info here - the partciular bonus from the trap or mine gem only works on hits, so it won't affect the DoT
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

A small piece of extra info here - the partciular bonus from the trap or mine gem only works on hits, so it won't affect the DoT

Hm, what about Cluster Trap then? Does the less damage modifier apply to DoT?
Yes. Cluster Trap grants untyped Less Damage, as opposed to the Trap's specified More Trap Damage.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Yes. Cluster Trap grants untyped Less Damage, as opposed to the Trap's specified More Trap Damage.

Untyped having the meaning of "lacking a specifier", not a "hidden modifier". It's just "less damage", so it applies to everything supported by Cluster Traps.
Oh, another question. Does Elemental Focus remove Vortex's chilling ground effect?
"
Oh, another question. Does Elemental Focus remove Vortex's chilling ground effect?

That is an interesting combination. I would assume that the chilled ground is still left, but the initial hit would not be able to chill an enemy. In other words, an enemy will still be chilled while within a Vortex, but upon leaving they would not remain chilled (due to the initial hit, as chills from hits are "located" on the target).

Try it out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info