Evasion/Dodge/Raider improvements

"
Grzybas2 wrote:

You just have to trust me that i didnt see your thread.

Oh no, I'm the one that should be saying that, your thread came first. It was right after I posted mine that I saw this one and checked it out as threads on this matter had piqued my interest at the time.
"
"
Fruz wrote:
^
No lightning coil ?
Or even belly ?

No coil for sure because it gives a lower life pool and can cause shocks, Belly is fine but i tend to go for at least 1400 Evasion on a chest and higher res.

Care to elaborate ? Oo
I might have been missing something about coil but ..... I mean, it's an amazing item against physical damage, and there are ways to counter shock.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
"
Fruz wrote:
^
No lightning coil ?
Or even belly ?

No coil for sure because it gives a lower life pool and can cause shocks, Belly is fine but i tend to go for at least 1400 Evasion on a chest and higher res.

Care to elaborate ? Oo
I might have been missing something about coil but ..... I mean, it's an amazing item against physical damage, and there are ways to counter shock.

If i understand mechanics correctly - to get shocked by wearing coil the original hit has to be so high that it would 1 shot you if you didnt have coil(assuming no other mitigation).

Lets say you have 5k hp , so to get shocked you need to be dealt 500 lightning dmg.
If you have 75% lightning resist to get 500 lightning dmg after resist the hit has to be 2000 lightning dmg. Because you convert 30% of physical to get 2000 lightning dmg hit the original hit would have to be 6666 physical dmg - which would kill you instantly if you didnt have Coil ( assuming no other mitigation).

On top of that GGG decided that elemental dmg should get some 1 shots aswell , voletiles were a problem for a long time but in atlas new bosses have massive ele dmg , hydra,phoenix, warbands not even mentioning shaper. Thats why im arguing for Kintsugi's effect to be available elsewhere and not Coil's , "meta" shifted a bit with addition of basalt flask and nerfing of topaz/ruby/sapphire and bosses rebalance.

"
Fruz wrote:
"
eragon1111 wrote:
For Acrobatics to be on pair with CI it would have to grant 100% chance to dodge physical hits...
Which we know will never happen.

Evasion/dodge will remain shitty because one time you wont be lucky and you will die to average hit.

They should remove armour penalty from acro..
At least we could go then IR + Acro to mitigate shitty downside

If you die to average hit than there is something that you completely misunderstood in how much buffer you need.
The first part of is complete nonsense by the way.

Removing the armour penalty would be freaking stupid, just get Acro with Iron reflexes then ....

You do realize that 5-6k hits are an avegare hits in current end game ? Or you never got there and just dont know ? I got hit with fortify + taste of hate + basalt + 3 endu charges for 8k ES while fighting no mods Chimera (nothing that boosted his dmg). How much was that before mitigation ? 14-15k ?

Evasion build with 5k life would just evaporate...
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Sep 27, 2016, 3:35:08 AM
This is why I said "average hit", I don't consider the new fancy red bosses as average.

But I saw som streams having no problems against Chimera but for the bleeding dog, Ziz's stream for example ... life based, he did not die, and I dont remember him using ToH or being permanently under basalt.
And Chimera dealt almost no damage to him.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
This is why I said "average hit", I don't consider the new fancy red bosses as average.

But I saw som streams having no problems against Chimera but for the bleeding dog, Ziz's stream for example ... life based, he did not die, and I dont remember him using ToH or being permanently under basalt.
And Chimera dealt almost no damage to him.

So you saw that on stream , grats. Ziz's warchief totem is armor based so he had some physical mitigation, if he was eva/acro it would be whole different story. So stop nitpicking and create your own eva/dodge character get to t13+ maps and tell us is it fun to manually dodge every boss mechanic ( as you should and every player should) when you know that other builds can just stand there , facetank and dps all day. Before you go again with your life vs CI bullshit - armor builds can facetank certain bosses aswell when evasion is either 0 dmg or dead when you get hit.
"
Grzybas2 wrote:
So you saw that on stream , grats. Ziz's warchief totem is armor based so he had some physical mitigation, if he was eva/acro it would be whole different story.

As I said, I don't consider the very end game content to be the base for balance, even tho it should matter of course.
By the way, just giving a look at Ziz build right now .... 708 armour from gear.
Inc armour from the tree ? Not really
So much for an armour character to facetank bosses, nice physical mitigation against bosses, GG.
And the unique granite that he is using is also ( I would guess mostly ) for the more phys dmg.

Last edited by Fruz on Sep 27, 2016, 4:59:48 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Grzybas2 wrote:
So you saw that on stream , grats. Ziz's warchief totem is armor based so he had some physical mitigation, if he was eva/acro it would be whole different story.

As I said, I don't consider the very end game content to be the base for balance, even tho it should matter of course.
By the way, just giving a look at Ziz build right now .... 708 armour from gear.
Inc armour from the tree ? Not really
So much for an armour character to facetank bosses, nice physical mitigation against bosses, GG.
And the unique granite that he is using is also ( I would guess mostly ) for the more phys dmg.

I guess dots between sentenses are too hard to understand i didnt mean ziz was facetanking bosses - guess what , totem builds dont have to do that ... suppose we can divert more from evasion topic and talk how ppl have done atziri with EB + CI 1 hp builds
No, you did say that he had some physical mitigation from armour which is not true if the hits are just a bit strong.
And you also said that it would have been a different story if actor.

you are wrong.

Even if totem, he does take some hit, saying that defense matters is irrelevant is putting a lot of bad faith ....
"
Fruz wrote:

you are wrong.

no , you are wrong.
"

Even if totem, he does take some hit, saying that defense matters is irrelevant is putting a lot of bad faith ....

no idea what you said there.

Keep your life vs CI bullshit out of this thread you're just spamming at this point - go watch some streamers instead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info