Different point of view - support for LNB - against reddit scam wagoon

Who gives a shit, people are such babies.
anything is everything
"
Manocean wrote:

This.
So. Much. This.
All the following are scams because the rates are not the same as the one on poe trade.

When You trade with your Brother.
When You trade with your Friends.
When You trade with your Guildlings.

Edit: I think I should start reporting people buying my items, because they only buy them if they are under priced.
Not every problem in the world belongs to you alone, let others have their share.
Last edited by TofuandSoySauce on Sep 25, 2016, 10:45:30 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

He basically gets to play the lottery with 0 risk to himself and then gets rewarded after the winning the lottery by giving the other person a small fraction at best of the actual winnings?

That view is kind of wrong. In every lottery, you view your "winnings" vs your "investment". If you buy a lottery ticket for $1, and win $100 = profit. But when you begin to factor in what the lottery holders earn, that prize isn't very big.

Enter a lottery with one fusing, getting 57 chaos is still a win. LNG, the "betting company" in this case, always gets the best deal. The house always win. But the winning participant also won, because 57 chaos is worth more than one fuse.

But when you're so overflown with envy, it may be hard to see.

That's not how lotteries work.

1 fuse = grand prize is one 6-link

But you accept the lottery of 1 fuse = 57 chaos?

If you cut out the "company" in the middle you would had won 6-link instead of 57 chaos? What is the company magically doing that makes 57chaos better then your own 6-link?

That isn't a "View", it's literally equivalent to what the example I used of real life lottery.

Lottery grand prize: 1 million
Price of 1 lottery ticket: 1 dollar

I tell you to buy my a lottery ticket for 1 dollar, and then if "we win" I give you 100k?

Like would you need the extra person or additional step to "win the grand prize", even more so when the same thing (the lottery ticket) with EQUAL chances will win you a greater prize?

Why even call it a lottery? Might as well ask donations from your viewers and if you get a 6-link you do a small giveaway.

Also what am I green with envy about? I own multiple 6-links and have an account value of over 300+ exalts, I'm just pointing out how crazy lotteries are theses days. When they first came out they offer payouts at least like 80-90% of a 6-link like 18 exalts, since they keep a small percentage since it was extremely hard to get a 6-link worth item back in the day.

Lotteries originally existed since it was ridiculously harder to get any item to 6-link at all as well as collecting fusings from multiple people. 80-90% Payout of the price of a 6-link was fair and actual lottery, now people are just straight out scamming newbies for 5% or less of a price of a 6-link.

Actual real life lotteries give you a better payout considering they have to collect money throughout the entire state + organize everything and they tax you the regular rate for income which is like 30%.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Sep 25, 2016, 11:23:19 PM
"
Timewar9 wrote:
People questioning my view of what a scam is need to read my posts.

Now if you do read my posts, you do not see me saying anything about him needing to give further payouts as the people in reddit apparently demanded.

I am advocating GGG take action. I have always advocated this about lotteries and commonly reported when people were spamming lotteries all over global chat some leagues back.

scam: 1. noun a dishonest scheme; a fraud.; 2. verb swindle.

*beats you with a dictionary over the head*

Now, I'm not familiar with the fine details, but as far as I know LNB said he would do something and did it. The scam train goes right out the window and there's nothing to even debate.

Apart from that, if someone is dumb enough or doesn't care enough to give his fusings for a 57c potential reward instead of using them himself for the much higher potential reward of getting his own six-link, that's entirely his choice. I find the whole Reddit pitchfork thing extremely distasteful in this particular occasion. Reminds me of medieval mobs frothing at the mouth and burning people alive because they heard someone was a witch or a heretic.

"
Manocean wrote:

+
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Sep 26, 2016, 1:04:57 AM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

If you cut out the "company" in the middle you would had won 6-link instead of 57 chaos? What is the company magically doing that makes 57chaos better then your own 6-link?

That isn't a "View", it's literally equivalent to what the example I used of real life lottery.

I tell you to buy my a lottery ticket for 1 dollar, and then if "we win" I give you 100k?

Like would you need the extra person or additional step to "win the grand prize", even more so when the same thing (the lottery ticket) with EQUAL chances will win you a greater prize?

Why even call it a lottery? Might as well ask donations from your viewers and if you get a 6-link you do a small giveaway.

Also what am I green with envy about? I own multiple 6-links and have an account value of over 300+ exalts, I'm just pointing out how crazy lotteries are theses days. When they first came out they offer payouts at least like 80-90% of a 6-link like 18 exalts, since they keep a small percentage since it was extremely hard to get a 6-link worth item back in the day.

Lotteries originally existed since it was ridiculously harder to get any item to 6-link at all as well as collecting fusings from multiple people. 80-90% Payout of the price of a 6-link was fair and actual lottery, now people are just straight out scamming newbies for 5% or less of a price of a 6-link.

Actual real life lotteries give you a better payout considering they have to collect money throughout the entire state + organize everything and they tax you the regular rate for income which is like 30%.

First of all - you are noone to set rules about how lottery in online game work. This rules doesn't exist besides non writen "wanna be rules".

Price of 57 chaos was proposed by chat, it was COMMUNITY DRIVEN fun activity to help fellow friend, streamer and someone who helped a lot of people, taking nothing for it. I could say it was our honest "Thank you LNB for your generosity and constant help", we want you to have this!

EVERYONE who was a part of 57 chaos lottery was happy, nobody from this group complained, everyone had fun, we was smiling, cheering up for every single fusing to hit this 6-link.

Then one noname, literally NONAME, nobody ever seen him in stream, nobody ever heared about his existence picked up his reddit folks and started big drama about what? OUR FUN TIME? Like wtf?

WHO YOU ARE to deny us from having out fun time with favorite streamer?
It was OUR DECISION to do this lottery for 57 chaos, you have nothing to say about that, you have zero right to say a word about this besides just give your opinion - ONLY OPINION.

Either join it, be polite, have fun with us or just shut the hell up and let us make our fellow friend happy.

But you guys went over the edge by FORCING LNB to do what he done and at the end YOU SCAMMED HIM right now with your foolish actions. YOU SCAMMED HIM AND US - us because by this our mood is also ruined and we are enraged.

Sadly... it's hard to stop bunch of kids buying tickets for reddit downvote bots and using them on everybody who pointed exacly what i said in opening post and here.

As far as i know from a friend there - downvote bot activity was ridiculus in some comments, guess which once.

If you want to apply real life rules to online game, right now every single MMO would be done with 20% community left since other 80% done something punishable by real life law. Please reconsider your point of view since it's ridiculus right now.

Last edited by datenshiddd on Sep 26, 2016, 2:35:49 AM
Man this is some good juicy drama right here.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Man this is some good juicy drama right here.

I_NO, the meme lord xD
Glad you enjoy it!

*gives some popcorn*
"
datenshiddd wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

First of all - you are noone to set rules about how lottery in online game work. This rules doesn't exist besides non writen "wanna be rules".

Price of 57 chaos was proposed by chat, it was COMMUNITY DRIVEN fun activity to help fellow friend, streamer and someone who helped a lot of people, taking nothing for it. I could say it was our honest "Thank you LNB for your generosity and constant help", we want you to have this!

EVERYONE who was a part of 57 chaos lottery was happy, nobody from this group complained, everyone had fun, we was smiling, cheering up for every single fusing to hit this 6-link.

Then one noname, literally NONAME, nobody ever seen him in stream, nobody ever heared about his existence picked up his reddit folks and started big drama about what? OUR FUN TIME? Like wtf?

WHO YOU ARE to deny us from having out fun time with favorite streamer?
It was OUR DECISION to do this lottery for 57 chaos, you have nothing to say about that, you have zero right to say a word about this besides just give your opinion - ONLY OPINION.

Either join it, be polite, have fun with us or just shut the hell up and let us make our fellow friend happy.

But you guys went over the edge by FORCING LNB to do what he done and at the end YOU SCAMMED HIM right now with your foolish actions. YOU SCAMMED HIM AND US - us because by this our mood is also ruined and we are enraged.

Sadly... it's hard to stop bunch of kids buying tickets for reddit downvote bots and using them on everybody who pointed exacly what i said in opening post and here.

As far as i know from a friend there - downvote bot activity was ridiculus in some comments, guess which once.

If you want to apply real life rules to online game, right now every single MMO would be done with 20% community left since other 80% done something punishable by real life law. Please reconsider your point of view since it's ridiculus right now.

Idunno why you are talking to "me" Like I'm the emboidment of reddit or the fact that I didn't mentioned LNB anywhere in my posts.

I was only talking about the logic behind a "lottery" in PoE (and how to properly do one), I could give a rats ass about LNB LOL.

The only thing I mentioned about the "LBN Drama" is that you guys fucked up when you called it a lottery instead of a donation to him LOL.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Sep 26, 2016, 3:07:47 AM
is this the bit where you sit back and wonder, wtf am i doing with my life

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info