Different point of view - support for LNB - against reddit scam wagoon

Why would that guy or anyone care what a bunch of unemployed video game nerds think? It's only pixels in a game.

Do whatever feels fun. Meh.
So, I've taken part in that lottery "scam" as some people on reddit call it.

I didn't feel scammed at all as I knew what risk I took. I don't care if that 6l Shavs is way more worth than 57c but what I cared about was "Hey, I might have a chance to get 57c for a little investment". So yeah, if I had won, I'd have made huge profit for tossing in 20 fusings to that lottery. I didn't and to me it wasn't a loss. I had FUN while it lasted.

It was not LNBs idea and he took a damn long time to even accept this kind of lottery. If other people envy LNB for getting a 6l shavs out of that lottery, well, get a life. It could've gone the complete opposite way if he hadn't gotten that 6l.

What really upsets me about this whole "LNB is a scammer" callout bullshit is that eventually his "fame" got the better of him and he actually apologized for doing something which the chat considered to be a fun activity. People were like "hey, that'd be fun". And it was, until someone started bitching about how this was a scam and not a lottery. LNB said to that person if he can't understand why this took place he could leave the chat or continue on being hostile and get banned. Said person decided for the last. That's what led up to the reddit thread and the drama that's going on.

Yes, he might have gotten an ingame-advantage, but it's not like he couldve bought those fusings and fused it anyways. The thing is, we as his viewers, subscribers or followers wanted him to get a 6l. We took part in it and he got it. Open up trade chat and you'll see lots of "6l my item, win xy amount currency." Scam? Maybe. Unfair? Maybe. Would I do it? No, because I don't know that person or I don't think that someone random who doesn't even entertain me in any form would deserve it.

Personal opinion about the 6l: it was fun, he deserved it imo.

Facts:
- He did that lottery with a "low payout".
- Winner was happy
- No one complained except one guy in chat
- reddit picked up their pitchforks
- lnb started his stream later and apologized for doing the lottery and answered questions
- he eventually sold his shavs and bought a 5l one to have the old value before the lottery, gave the rest of currency to the winner

So in the end, who really got scammed by this is LNB because some crybabies decided he was taking advantage of his viewers. Nope, he didn't. RMT, really? If I help out a friend to 6l his item and would do it on stream, sinking in all my currency into it just to have fun with him after, would you witchhunt me as well? Well then, go ahead. Coz I did that not just once ;-)
What I don't understand though is people accept the fact they are getting a much lower payout for no real reason.

If I ask you to buy my a lottery ticket and then if we win I get half the money, would you accept?

He basically gets to play the lottery with 0 risk to himself and then gets rewarded after the winning the lottery by giving the other person a small fraction at best of the actual winnings?

Like if you don't mind throwing up some fusings for "gamble" why wouldn't you do it on your own 6 socket items and win way more by yourself?

What's so magical about giving it to another person doing the same thing and paying you way less for the exact amount of effort.

It sums up to the fact that it isn't even a lottery, it's literally just panhandling to his viewers to get free items.

When you are famous you have something called social responsibility. Lotteries like this already make your game look bad.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Sep 25, 2016, 3:28:38 PM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
What I don't understand though is people accept the fact they are getting a much lower payout for no real reason.

If I ask you to buy my a lottery ticket and then if we win I get half the money, would you accept?

He basically gets to play the lottery with 0 risk to himself and then gets rewarded after the winning the lottery by giving the other person a small fraction at best of the actual winnings?

Like if you don't mind throwing up some fusings for "gamble" why wouldn't you do it on your own 6 socket items and win way more by yourself?

What's so magical about giving it to another person doing the same thing and paying you way less for the exact amount of effort.

It sums up to the fact that it isn't even a lottery, it's literally just panhandling to his viewers to get free items.

When you are famous you have something called social responsibility. Lotteries like this already make your game look bad.

So you're one of them folks.

There's also something called personal choice. The context of the lottery was obviously unplanned and on the fly. The participants knew going in to it that he hadn't prepared thus the 57c payout.

Dude that gave 20 fusings or whatever got a hell of a deal for 57c and now 8 more ex.

I have no social contract with you and neither does the streamer in question. This crap right here is why we can't have nice things. Your idea of social responsibility is a good one until certain insane groups of people use it to chain the rest of us down in their insane fantasy world.
Last edited by c0d0r12 on Sep 25, 2016, 3:58:56 PM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

That view is kind of wrong. In every lottery, you view your "winnings" vs your "investment". If you buy a lottery ticket for $1, and win $100 = profit. But when you begin to factor in what the lottery holders earn, that prize isn't very big.

Enter a lottery with one fusing, getting 57 chaos is still a win. LNG, the "betting company" in this case, always gets the best deal. The house always win. But the winning participant also won, because 57 chaos is worth more than one fuse.

But when you're so overflown with envy, it may be hard to see.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Four of five leagues ago, back when some uniques were expensive (Specifically Cloak of Defiance at the time) and 6 links were hard to come by, I did a lottery with an 18 Exalt prize to the winner. Guess I was doing it wrong.
Well, those kind of people complaining about it never had a friend, ever, even for some hours(huahahha). So they can't understand that some people can get satisfaction by just helping someone that entertain them(somehow helping them to SMILE in exchange).

Then they try to turn people with innocent actions(not though straight through before being taken) into VILLAINS, just so they can feel better in the end of the day as if they did any good, but they never did good to anyone, but themselves. Selfish people in a nutshell, really.

People are even turning the 57c issue into a fucking disgusting meme... just showing how rotten one can be inside.

I don't even watch lifting nerd, never paid attention to his streams or guides, but i read about that shitty situation/watched the video in reddit and laughed at how fucked up people can be based on unimportant attitudes one may have, even after apologizing. Shitty world with shitty people is shitty: confirmed.

Btw.: By that point of view those fucked up people are implying, you should never EVER help anyone in this game, or you are being scammed, even though YOU are the one wanting/trying to help, YOU are willing for it, YOU can't have a choice of helping, otherwise you are being scammed.
Sometimes...
Last edited by Crusader_of_Sorrow on Sep 25, 2016, 4:42:56 PM
"
Demonoz wrote:

Lifting is one the nicest streamers ive ever seen the dude is pretty genuine and for people to go bashing on him like they is pretty fucking sad. And im sure being the kinda guy he is takes the shit to heart as well.

Agreed. Lifting seems like one of the good guys.

I'm sure he felt like he was entertaining his community, and I'm sure he felt afterwards that he disappointed them. But, to me what happened sounds pretty innocuous. It'll blow over in a few hours.
- here's my sig
Reddit community is awful LOL

LNB owes those kids nothing, his stream chat suggested a lottery, he didn't put a gun to anyone's head, and they wanted to have some fun. People calling out streamer privilege are stupid as fuck, as a streamer you interact with your viewers, if he's good at something, that's why he is where he is now.

He's giving the Shav away now because he feels obligated to? Jesus christ.

Oh, and to the people who are saying this is a scam due to the amount of Chaos he gave, fuck off. He was clearly happy it happened, in his joy he gave everything he had currency wise in the league to a guy that wanted to do it voluntarily and/or for fun.

Damn this is sad.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Phrazz wrote:
The house always win.

This really baffled me, gambling companies operate in ways that assure them at least 95% to not lose money, yet reddit analysts kept spamming buzzwords like "return of investment" when they never even saw a statistics textbook in their entire lives.

When I realized that the "scandal" is basically "someone whitin a completely made up economy offered less that what is traditional" I was ready to flip some tables. Everyone participated with consent and no promise was broken, but reddit nolifers with their habits of generating fake outrage on behalf of someone else made a decent guy jump hoops to appease them. Pathetic.

He should not have given in, the more you give to such losers, the more they want, no apology will ever be good enough, ignore and move on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info