Different point of view - support for LNB - against reddit scam wagoon

TL;DR: LNB got scammed by whiny reddit kids and forced to do what reddit feels is right. Nobody took into consideration: reddit is a toxic place for a reason.

Long thoughs:

I am supporting LNB for a while, as someone who enjoyed his builds, learned more than all knowledge gained by solo playing. In last days, while LNB had problem with 6-linking his Shav, almost entirely broken, people in his twitch chat started shoting

"Hey Lifting, do lottery for your remaining 57 chaos"

Voice of community - people who want to support their friend came with idea for "not so big" but generous lottery to link his Shav. The same people just came, tryed their luck with fusings and it happend - Shav got 6-linked. Lifting reaction was like a tear in eye - he took all his remining chaos without hesitation, gave them to winner who was happy. People who lost didn't complained, they were happy to enjoy some kind of community activity with streamer. Both sides ended up being happy, enjoying time together, often playing same game together.

What happend next: random completely nonane people started shouting "IT'S A SCAM" etc. same people started driving drama on reddit and convincing another noname people to join hate wagoon.

1. Lifting and his "celebrity" status as respected streamer

Why people join to watch streams instead to play the game themselves? To learn something, to get some break, free time, even maybe like me - just listen to your streamers even with mind, you don't have chance to be in a group of their friends. It doesn't matter, i do this because for some reason i respect this person. It goes with same for LNB, Ziz, Raiz, Karv, Kluffu and many many others which i choice depends on who is streaming and what i am doing. One rule apply for all - i would help them in same way regardless.

As a celebrity, you cannot "use" your viewers to gain advantage but - you can at some point agree with your community idea and join it if it's not against rules, terms of service and doesn't give a bad name to product what you promote on daily basis.

In this particular situation, Lifting would never came with idea of this kind of lottery by himself, i doubt he thinked about that (as far as i know him). Idea about lottery for generous 57c came from not one, not two people on chat, it came from larger group of people who was DEMANDING it to get some more fun and at same moment support their streamer.

2. Lottery itself, participation, reactions

People was happy to join it. Like really... it was HUGE "good luck LNB! fingers crossed". Someone didn't won, his fusings wasn't lucky - hey man, doesn't matter, it was fun. Then, lucky guy came in and... it happend - item 6-linked. Lifting was like... almost crying from happiness. Took all his remaining chaos which was a deal for winning a lottery and gave them to winner with like... "JUST SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!".

Then, lightning storm from a devil sky - reddit woke up because they noticed option to create another drama and show up that they rule - started streaming all over "It's a scam", created topic about this one, they took a snapshot from stream but:

- snapshot from twitch was out of context
- snapshot was just a moment of 6-linking and giving 57 chaos
- snapshot didn't contain chat reactions
- NOBODY OF THIS KIDS SHOWED PAST TIME OF WHO SUGGESTED THIS, WHO WAS DEMANDING LOTTERY ETC.

In all - essence of reddit toxicity - take something out of context and create a drama. Typical.

So at the end - if toxic reddit is right - they forced Lifting to sell his 6-link, buy other 5L, give more money to guy. tl;dr reddit forced a scam and in my personal opinion, they enraged tons of people who supporting Lifting, who enjoyed lottery and was having good time.

Unfortunalety, i cannot post this in reddit, for obvious reason - toxic kids are instantly downvoting you into oblivion for having other opinion than their scammy face.

To make it more sad - reddit mods who are supposed to be out of any side are supporting this act of... massive hate against friendly community interaction.

Just my though, wish Lifting will at least read this.

"Everything in this world have a limit... except people stupidity" - reddit showed great example of this one. Yet another time.

Peace, yo!
Last edited by datenshiddd on Sep 25, 2016, 5:27:23 AM
Last bumped on Oct 29, 2016, 3:09:20 AM
That seems indeed toxic, if he wants to make it, and they asked him to make the lottery, i see no problem.

I guess those kids envy the 6l shav pixels and can't bear with it.
Spreading salt since 2006
I heard on Reddit that LNB was actually approached by a viewer in-stream who asked if he'd accept fusings or do a lottery of some kind to 6 link his chest, and then someone ended up getting lucky as one of the first people to give him fusings. Whether or not it's true, it doesn't change the fact that it definitely isn't a scam. He promised a reward of 57 chaos to whomever gave him the fusing that linked his chest, and he paid it out when it happened. The people giving him fusings knew this. That's not a scam at all. However I do agree with the majority that 57 chaos is definitely a low price to pay out, however he also said it was the first time doing a lottery like this, and if someone's willing to accept the terms then that's on their end not his, though it is slightly scummy.

It's definitely not a scam, everyone who thinks it is doesn't understand what a scam is. At best it's just a fusing lottery that was misunderstood, at worst it's just people jumping into a lottery where they payout isn't worth the buy in. It's not even that big of a deal if you understand the context, and has been blown way out of proportion.
So you have viewers and the community suggesting the idea of a lotto, he does it for the sake of the people asking, and then when it actually happens, the same community turns around and starts this whole aids infested drama. #ThisFuckingCommunityInANuttshell

I don't agree with or particularly enjoy the concept of lotteries in a video game, or in real life. But I also don't see anything wrong with what LNB did either.

No one was forced into doing this lottery and the whole "you used your viewers because you're an icon in the community" is bullshit frankly. It's just an argument that people attempt to use when there's nothing constructive left to say or to just start drama where there is none.

Objectively, in terms of payouts, it's obvious that that when compared to other lotteries, that the payout was low. But if people are willing to pay a few fusing here or there, what's the big deal? You thinking that the payout was low and was a scumbag thing to do is what's subjective. I don't expect anyone who can't think for themselves to understand that concept.

However I like how you pointed out that it was people in his stream who asked for a lottery with the payout of chaos that he had, rather then it being Liftings idea. Because none of that was mentioned at all in the whole "he's a scammer and a scumbag" pitchfork happening.

In the end, I fail to see how he's considered a scammer when the exact payout was given and it not even being his idea in the first place. If anyone had literally done their own research instead of being a retarded mindless drone, none of this would have escalated in the manner it did.

Last edited by Delrick on Sep 25, 2016, 6:06:16 AM
Man I really should join in on the drama that is pretty funny would be amusing.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Just came to my mind after searching deeper - whole topic was against reddit rules. This whole witchhunt based on literally zero evidence is pure against reddit rules and qualify to personal harrasment against LNB.

Thanks to our reddit moderators [Removed by Support]

For bringing up this topic AGAINST massive amount of reports for personal harrasment and breaking reddit rules. It just proves that reddit moderators picked a side of witchhunting, harrasing and doing pure harm to innocent person.
Last edited by CJ_GGG on Sep 25, 2016, 5:59:23 AM
"
datenshiddd wrote:
Just came to my mind after searching deeper - whole topic was against reddit rules.

I only know one reddit rule: Don't use reddit! ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"Envy" and "Mob mentality". Human race is a weak creation.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
For me the whole situation is just funny. I just don't understand why LNB should care about some CryBabiesDrama on Reddit? Have some balls, say "fuck off" and do your job...
Who is LNB and why should i care? Is it LMB's (left mouse button) cousin?
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info