About 85 is quittin time now

"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
Actually, I'd even go farther and say that it's retarded how much Zana trivializes the early Atlas progression.

When you will hit 90 lvl and all you will have in stash, will be few T7 and T8, even if you run all T5+ rare, you will change your opinion about what is retarded here.

Oh there might be more that one retarded thing, no doubt :p.
I dislike the fact that GGG basically said that we could customize the progression by choosing which map drops and hwich does not, but at the end .... not opening some maps really seem to be decreasing drop chances overall :/
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 25, 2016, 2:06:20 AM
"
You have bad RNG I'm fucking covered in red maps.

Are you doing map rotations? Because playing solo and trying to sustain above T11 SUCKS.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Fruz wrote:
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
Actually, I'd even go farther and say that it's retarded how much Zana trivializes the early Atlas progression.

When you will hit 90 lvl and all you will have in stash, will be few T7 and T8, even if you run all T5+ rare, you will change your opinion about what is retarded here.

Oh there might be more that one retarded thing, no doubt :p.
I dislike the fact that GGG basically said that we could customize the progression by choosing which map drops and hwich does not, but at the end .... not opening some maps really seem to be decreasing drop chances overall :/
I havent noticed anything, im like 54/125, all i get at T10-T12's, i took the Chimera side and Miotuar side i think ? Whichever sides have things like excavation and underground seas map.

I havent had any trouble sustaining maps at all, the only thing i had trouble with was sustaining alchemy orbs but thats an entirely different discussion.

The only thing im personally worried about at this point is potentially have to do this every league ? This is certainly another perm league mechanic, i dont see how they can keep doing temporary leagues when the core game design is based on a single permanent league.

Atlas falls into this, Masters do too, so does Labyrinth Enchanting. It isnt something really feasible to expect players to keep doing, especially older players like myself.

The only reason im playing this league is for essences because they will more than likely not make it into the core game. Outside of that its directly doing it for Micro Transactions, if i had a choice of getting new content or not getting new content id obviously pick new content, but just being able to play whatever i want, whenever i want via standard is becoming more and more appealing.

I think this league will be my breaking point on doing temporary leagues, unless next leagues micro transactions are godly, but even micro transactions can only keep people going for soo long. You can only put soo many carrots on a stick before people get tired of even wanting the carrot.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
You have really bad choices on gear.

Drop wep for +dam shield and get facebreakers. Also the asc class doesnt make sense, be a scion and get another totem since you have helm.

Also pick up a void heart, it counts on totems
Last edited by Chadwixx on Sep 25, 2016, 2:48:45 AM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

The only reason im playing this league is for essences because they will more than likely not make it into the core game. Outside of that its directly doing it for Micro Transactions, if i had a choice of getting new content or not getting new content id obviously pick new content, but just being able to play whatever i want, whenever i want via standard is becoming more and more appealing.

I think this league will be my breaking point on doing temporary leagues, unless next leagues micro transactions are godly, but even micro transactions can only keep people going for soo long. You can only put soo many carrots on a stick before people get tired of even wanting the carrot.

i do not care about micros (i think that best MTX in the game is the skin transfer) nor totems nor numbers next to my name. last league i could go for 36 yet i couldnt care less

and ive fallen for a bribe once - Prophecy - because i knew RoTC is stupid broken and i wanted it. got several of them and got so bored of bow builds that im not even using it no more.

league concept is risky and getting old pretty quick

currently most players play leagues (however standard is very strong this league) - but imho they play it ONLY because it is the place to test new things and get new experience.

i wonder how many players would play a league if standard and league got the same exact content with only difference being 'new economeh'. my bet is - not many. it is the bribes that change that and keeping standard bland on purpose. not making leagues good (do not confuse with 'rewarding' or 'obtaining broken items') but making its competition look bad is not the greatest strategy long term
"
sidtherat wrote:
i wonder how many players would play a league if standard and league got the same exact content with only difference being 'new economeh'.

I would, because Std feels even more pointless than Temp. After you hit 90 and have a min-maxed char to the point you can realtively easy do T15 (if they drop), the excitement sharply stops. The XP gain is absurdly slow, looting stops being fun because everything you find is trash and re-rolling just means you'll hit the same wall with another build. All that remains is the "economee", if you care about that (I dont).

Playing Std feels even worse, because I'm stacked with opie-op gear, so looting is even more pointeless there. You just sink those orbs on maps and that's it. Current temp leagues dont have any bribes anyway. Essences were great for rolling leveling gear, now I use them only for chaos/regal recipe completion, which I then proceed to use for regular crafting.

---

Map drops aren't a problem for me this league, I got plenty of reds to play. I initally had plans to lvl to 93 my Dualstrike melee char, but after hitting 90, XP gain is so freaking slow that I just got bored. Clear-speed on a tanky melee guy with a 6-link, is several times slower than on a generic pew pew bow with a 5-link. And survivability is about the same, lol. The only thing that the melee char is better at is killing map bosses - but you can safely ignore map bosses and still progress, so ranged wins once again.

I have 99% on Atlas and map drops feel about right (except for unique maps, which are now highly gated). I now always roll the highest map I have, no point in wasting orbs for lower ones. ~80% quant, packsize + Invasion.

Spoiler

--------

Occasionaly throw a vaal on them. The two chars I have can do 100% of map mods among themselves, so that helps with saving chaos. I rarely reroll a map.

On a note of trading: I maybe made 150 chaos selling various items and that covered all the mapping expenses for my solo experience. Outside of a few unique ones, I didnt buy maps at all. I do the chisel recipe, Alc drop about right (vendoring all those trash uniques helps), im constantyly out of scour this league (??) and vaal drop rate is still way too low, imo.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Tempada wrote:
"
You have bad RNG I'm fucking covered in red maps.

Are you doing map rotations? Because playing solo and trying to sustain above T11 SUCKS.

Every single person who knows me knows that I always play solo strictly and ffs I'm the one who always bitched about maps cmon people It's ME I bitched about maps not quite long ago. My play time when it came to mapping is very likely more then anyone's in most cases but this is a very true factor right here

RNG is RNG

Their no shame in buying the fucking map you have to use currency to destroy the blockade if you refuse that well then that's your fault.

RNG is ASS terrible fucking dogshit alright but it's up to you how you choose to fix the solution other then you know being me and be like cry on the forums for a bits before moving away from it.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Some more ranting about endgame:

Atlas brings some fresh air into it, but it's very far from the "it will change everything you knew about PoE edgame" claims (paraphrasing). Most of the new tilesets are gorgeus and most of the new boss fights are nice & some quite challenging. But the game still fails to challenge the player though anything else than long-ass grinds.

- A lvl 90 char with 6 or 8 Asc points already destroys most of the game, so going after lvl 100 is pointless. Even if it wasn't already pointless, with XP nerfs GGG made sure it's boring as f.

- Despite that climbing higher than 90 is already pointless, the endgame is still designed as a currency sink. Pay orbs & Zana tax to play red maps for marginal benefits or just reroll and level to 90 in sub T10 with minimal orb investment?

- If you care about cost/efficiency, then you are already playing some FotM that trivializes top endgame. Build diversity drops sharply toward top endgame, so why even bother to go into high-expenditure zone? The game has great build diversity potential and if you like this, it's again better to stay sub-90 & within yellow maps.

- challenges... This time I made zero effort in completing any of them and have 21 easily. I still miss the most easy ones like tag WPs & finish normal quests. I wish temp. leagues had some more interesting challenges, eg: complete Uber lab solo, before you hit level 75. Something that would incentivize rerolling / build diversity, instead of shopping. Rampage kill-streak was one of the most fun challenges, but they removed it cause it cant be easily bought in trade chat?? (since it was tied to Zana mod, and those "have" to be pre-selected now, introduce something similar, eg: kill 5 beyond bosses in one map)

- sextants: add too little for their rarity, you can safely ignore them. Potentially useful only on shaped maps, that are in range of white ones.

---

I like the D3 concept of unlimited, scaling difficulty with Rifts, which are always accessible (oh, noes! blasphemy!). I guess PoE will never have something like that, because trade-centric design is paramount.

Maybe it's just me, I might be burned out and bored. But the most fun I had recently in PoE, is in the last 2-day flashback race. Leveling to 70+, solo, under much harder conditions than the regular game. I wish there were more such short leagues, even if parented to void.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Sep 25, 2016, 8:07:10 AM
I hit 90 by spamming Chateau and mostly T9, T10 and shaped maps. T11 maps seems to be the wall where I consistently drop maps at 72/125 completion. I initially chiseled and alched everything starting at t8 but stopped doing it when I finally had a pool of T11's. Too few T12/T13's and only got me back to t9/10 maps after running very good mods on them.

I traded most of my maps at /trade 1 and did buy filler maps at poe.trade. Without it I would not be able to complete Atlas as much since Zana "barely" fills up some missing low tier ones. It's a problem for players like me with a somewhat potato PC because I cannot effectively join rotas. My screen freezes a lot or worst gets disconnected when in a party which is a terrible experience in my case. Zana's maps was not in sync in terms of tiers that I needed to level up quickly. I had to resort to trading. Map prices aren't that high but the costs quickly stacks up with the currency needed to roll good mods.

Ill try to push through 90 but probably quit and disappear the rest of the league the moment I got bored of trying to "buy" my way through the rest of the atlas. I can't see myself going through labyrinth and the whole leveling process to roll another toon either like i did back then at Warbands. Game got too fat already to enjoy another cycle of gearing up and 3 levels of difficulty.
Last edited by monsoonrider on Sep 25, 2016, 10:40:47 AM
"
morbo wrote:
...the game still fails to challenge the player though anything else than long-ass grinds.

+1, and a big part of the problem is what you say here:

"
I like the D3 concept of unlimited, scaling difficulty with Rifts, which are always accessible (oh, noes! blasphemy!). I guess PoE will never have something like that, because trade-centric design is paramount.

How I wish PoE woud have something like this. And ideally I'd like a way to play that doesn't require interaction with other players for efficiency and for finding the gear that I want. I would pay a ridiculous amount of money for an offline client that gets regular updates and encourages a modding community. Essentially I want Grim Dawn's design philosophy paired with all of PoE's items, mechanics, and frequent updates :P

"
- Despite that climbing higher than 90 is already pointless, the endgame is still designed as a currency sink. Pay orbs & Zana tax to play red maps for marginal benefits or just reroll and level to 90 in sub T10 with minimal orb investment?

I wouldn't say that going above 90 is pointless (some builds really come together at higher levels), but the time it takes now to get much beyond 90, and knowing that you will probably die to something cheap and out of your control, makes the endgame rather unfun unless you like to play the economy (this is my least favorite part of PoE), group with friends, or map with randos.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info