help me to understand my rip ?

It doesn't matter whether you're dealing spell damage or attack damage. The first reply honestly gave you all the information you need to protect yourself in the future: it is a flat amount of lightning damage reflected per Hit in the same way Shavronne's Wrappings works.

Anything that deals a Hit, whether Attack, Spell, or secondary damage, will cause Lightning Thorns to deal you damage. You could deal 0 damage per Hit, but if you were attacking Shavronne's Wrappings, for example, you would still take 1 to 250 lightning damage per Hit.

Against lightning thorns of 500:
Deal 20 Hits of 0 damage each = take 10,000 damage
Deal 1 hit of 999,999,999 damage = take 500 damage

This is one of the reasons I play softcore. The challenge of RPGs is often to face a threat, die, and come back armed with the knowledge of how to survive the second time around. For SC, you come back after losing 10% exp and a portal. For HC, you come back from level 1. If that doesn't match your tastes, you may wish to switch to SC or choose a different game.

There is no shame in choosing a different game. Some people like chess, others like basketball. Some people play jigsaw puzzles, others play twitch shooters. Path of Exile is a game of die and learn. If you aren't willing to learn, you're going to have a hard time.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Sep 25, 2016, 5:21:55 AM
"
adghar wrote:

Against lightning thorns of 500:
Deal 20 Hits of 0 damage each = take 10,000 damage
Deal 1 hit of 999,999,999 damage = take 500 damage

^ This is exactly how this shit works. While it is way better to deal many small hits agains reflect against lightning thorns you want to deal only a few very powerful hits!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

dodge, block, leech, life on hit, reduce damage, never get damage (traps, totems, summons, movement), convert damage to 0, stun imun, silence imun, movement blocked, freeze, shock..

all this and more mechanics are also important in that game
Thats why PoE isnt a game for everybody.

Hello.
I noticed that Ping has increased and I immediately turned off the game, I tried to go to the game's website but it did not work, there was only a column of news, after the site included, I noticed that he died, I think now stop playing For my part there was no problem with compound.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info