Community Question: How is performance for you in 2.4?!

Better than ever. When I play solo it's smooth 60 FPS 100% the time. When I play in a group it depends but it usually stays at least above 30, so it's playable.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Overall better than before, that's for sure. Sadly, did have one lockbox freeze that killed me with a Rogue Exile spawning from it, and it froze for about 4-5 seconds, which was actually the first time I ever died from something like that. Otherwise...better.
I run almost every game at Ultra or High settings. I run POE at all Low. My graphics card fan is loud, and this silly ass game works it harder than GTA5 or Fallout 4.

i dont know why but the fps dont seem as stable as 2.3 with the beta test for the multi-threading. It could just be because extra gore though, i posted a thread on extra gore the other day.

Im starting to wonder if extra gore and GV explosions arent preloaded or something. It makes no sense that i could spam pre-nerf cast on crit procs without dropping below 20 fps but Extra Gore/GV explosions can freeze me for 1-3 seconds depending on the pack.

I tried to run the textures and stuff on low as well, doesnt help.

The build im using uses a bringer of rain, theres literally nothing i can do about extra gore. I think GGG should seriously consider removing the effect until they can fix the massive frame drops associated with extra gore and corpse explosions.

That said, the game runs fine on max without extra gore.

Edit - Editing to confirm...

It is entirely Extra Gore and Corpse explosions. Things like Abyssal Cry actually do not make me spike.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Sep 25, 2016, 2:51:59 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
Better than ever. When I play solo it's smooth 60 FPS 100% the time. When I play in a group it depends but it usually stays at least above 30, so it's playable.

Riiiggghhhhtttttt. LMAO.

Sent from my McLaren racing down the highway with my girl giving me head and another girl in the back rubbing my shoulders because it's been a long week

Seriously tho, load times improved a fackton back in 2.3. Went from a few seconds to pretty much instant. The performance of the game itself is pretty much the same as it has always been. The optimizations and improvements they are doing don't seem to do anything and you can see evidence of this when you watch popular PoE streamers. They still lag and skip just like they always have.

Also there's still the issue of continually freezing and having the game desync then catch up. Ripped me a couple of times already and no word from GGG on the issue, whether they are aware, doing anything about it or whatever. But there is a stash tab sale this weekend as I'm informed of over and over and over...
Deliver pain exquisite
Fine. No issues.
Censored.
I dont see any change really other then the servers laggin more then normal or so it seems

But i also dont watch my fps cause my epeen is already fully grown and may not grow anymore El Kapto
Much the same, but I don't think I was the target of the performance upgrades since I haven't really been having any problems.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
amd card here, it is awful, spent a week on technical forums, tried solutions, none of them worked. Now, for smooth gameplay, at least 90% of time, i was forced to put texturequality = 5 in production_config.ini.

Game looks like runescape but it is smoother. Meanwhile, witcher 3 runs on high/ultra settings.
Spreading salt since 2006
Mostly smooth, some dips when a lot of calculations are going over the net (Obliteration Wand), sometimes the FPS gets stuck on 30FPS, but goes away with zone changes.

FPS is more stable than before 2.4, with less dips. Capped at 60FPS, i7-6700K, AMD R290. Will get NVIDIA next time.
The plan is simple: win! If you do not win, you did not follow the plan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info