Community Question: How is performance for you in 2.4?!

Goodevening :)

Just a simple question to well, everyone...

No explanation needed really, im just curious since well, there was an apparent performance/optimisation done to the game, I personally saw zero benefit... :P

What about you? How is performance for you in 2.4?
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Last bumped on Sep 25, 2016, 12:11:14 PM
It improved a little bit IMO. Loading times and hick-ups have decreased compared to previous 2.4 patches. Only played for like 2 hrs though.

Im playing on a cheap-ass Acer desktop with 4gb ram/onboard vid card. Fans are blazing as usual. Changed texture quality from =1 to =5 which really helped.
"
Vril wrote:
It improved a little bit IMO. Loading times and hick-ups have decreased compared to previous 2.4 patches. Only played for like 2 hrs though.

Im playing on a cheap-ass Acer desktop with 4gb ram/onboard vid card. Fans are blazing as usual. Changed texture quality from =1 to =5 which really helped.

That's alright i guess, what do you mean by "compared to previous 2.4 patches" as far as i know, the first major 2.4 patch was the performance fix.

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Compared to 2.3 - huge improvement.
Compared to earlier 2.4 patches... dunno.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Performance in 2.4?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

every couple of days i cruise the forum looking for answers to the severe problems I'm having that won't even let me connect to the game.

Performance in 2.4?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
No change whatsoever.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:
That's alright i guess, what do you mean by "compared to previous 2.4 patches" as far as i know, the first major 2.4 patch was the performance fix.

The first 2.4 and f(?) patch gave me a lots of DCs and really long loading times between instances which are gone now.

Could be wrong about the patch numbers and stuff. The problems for me started in late 2.3 and are gone now so im happy. Hopefully other players are too!
Improved some for me and some for other people.

Mostly on intel cards though then AMD.
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

i too have noticed that alot of radeon/amd cards have been having trouble with this game :/

"
Slayer_Tip wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

i too have noticed that alot of radeon/amd cards have been having trouble with this game :/

That seems to be the case, yes.

I'm playing on a GTX 970. No issues what so ever. Smooth like silk.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info