Uninstalled.

Alot of players feel this way at lvl 70. Your in the zone where monsters are your lvl. The game also gets harder at the end of a3 and a4.

"
frenrihr wrote:

-No ingame trade system.

-Self found is terrible, like Diablo 3 pre LOOT 2.0 bad, so im forced to trade to get better stuff, everything i have was found by me but if i want to get better than that i would need to trade.

-Crafting RNG sucks, is better to just trade, which sucks again, so it sucks x2.

-The map thing is a good idea but poorly executed, just another RNG mechanic BS.

I just wanted to post in agreement with these points in particular.

Trade blows. There's little to no player interaction involved. You can't cross instance trade. You can't get an item from someone who is offline. You have to use a third party website to find items. You cannot sell items in-game without paying money, and you then have to either use and external third-party program to sell items or use the forum. If you use the forum you will not be automatically listed as online by poe.trade unless you are on the ladder. Player online status is unreliable, causing trade frustration. Rampant price manipulation exists thanks to the reliance on this third-party trade website... I think that's enough for now.

SSF is made more difficult given the game revolves around uniques and getting good rares is ridiculously hard. Poor crafting options make it worse. Good rares are extremely uncommon. Master crafting barely helps. Regals are end-game currency instead of leveling currency for some insane reason. Essences are just another form of unreliable RNG.

The atlas is really awesome but the maps you run don't have a great enough impact on the maps returned from them. For example, I ran like a dozen of some map (can't recall which unfortunately) trying to get a Crypt map to drop so that I could complete a Prophecy chain, only to eventually get it from Zana instead. Not only did that map not drop, but another base that it was connected to never dropped either. I was always running them as rares too, sometimes chiseled as well.
If someone is complaining about exp penalty at level 70, where it takes literally 2 minutes to get the 10% exp back, then maybe this game isn't for them. I agree though that the game can be very frustrating for new players.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Ooh, nicely itemized. Let me go down them one by one.

"
frenrihr wrote:
-Labyrinth sucks

Eh. N/C/M labs aren't bad unless you go on a charge disruptor day. Uber lab can be a colossal pain at times.

"
frenrihr wrote:
-Exp is bad on purpose, like Ragnarok online bad BUT with even worse penalties than Ragnarok Online if you die.

And yet people can still get to 90 in less than three days. I'm not even especially good, nor am I using a top-shelf build, but I could probably get to 90 inside of 2 weeks of heavy play. Anything above 90 is pretty much fluff.

"
frenrihr wrote:
-Enemies do too much damage, i have like my resistances maxed at 75% which is the cap, almost 4k hp and more than 1k ES and still getting a lot of damage and i only expect this garbage to get worse, no wonder why people is playing full ES builds with Life steal. Your game is bassically who oneshots first.The other day i saw a streamer with 1 hp and TONS of ES, that should tell you something.

Something I'm learning endgame... 4K life and 1K ES is fragile, especially if you don't also have a ton of dodge/block/evasion. 75% resistances are also a baseline, not a maximum, considering you can further increase that with flasks. My squishy is lucky to be a necromancer and have 8 13K life zombies to bodyblock for her, but that doesn't stop piercing one-shots. If you want to play fragile you've gotta be really light on your feet. I'd love to see them boost life builds or nerf ES (in conjunction with a nerf to monster damage) to even things out though, because higher tier map bosses will pretty much one-shot me if I get hit and that's no fun.

"
frenrihr wrote:
-No ingame trade system.

You mean no ingame auction house. I'm oddly fine with this. POE.Trade is not the ideal solution but it works fairly well, and the game is populated heavily enough that I can typically find what I want at a good price at any time of day. Takes me back to the old days of MMOs when knowing how to shop for something got you better rewards for the same investments.

"
frenrihr wrote:
-Self found is terrible, like Diablo 3 pre LOOT 2.0 bad, so im forced to trade to get better stuff, everything i have was found by me but if i want to get better than that i would need to trade.

Solo self-found is a self-imposed challenge, not the way the game is supposed to be played. it's like building entirely out of wood in Minecraft then complaining that fire needs to be nerfed - It's not the game's fault that you're not playing it as it's intended to be played. Further, any change to benefit SSF is going to have much larger ripples throughout the community that is willing to trade, likely in the form of a massive devaluation of stuff that is now significantly easier to get.

"
frenrihr wrote:
-Crafting RNG sucks, is better to just trade, which sucks again, so it sucks x2.

One of the things in PoE that does make me sad is the fact that the crafting system is so far into the late game i"ll probably never be wealthy enough to attempt it. Essence League took some steps to try to rectify this, but even then the results are very random and very expensive to attempt. It's such an elaborate system, I just wish I could do more with it.

"
frenrihr wrote:
-Bosses spam shit all over the place.

Some of them do, some of them don't. The main ones I hate are the Gradius bosses that fill the screen with so much crap dodging becomes nearly impossible (Hi Malachai) or the ones who have nearly-invisible effects that'll still kill you really fast.

"
frenrihr wrote:
-Your mobility is poorly designed and you know this and are ABUSSING this to create ARTIFICAL DIFFICULTY by adding, the Lab with its BS traps and your bosses spamming shit all over the place.

You're... gonna need to qualify this one. Mobility is the counter to heavy spam and traps, and are in fact the areas where it matters the most. But at the same time, many builds these days are so hyper-mobile that these things are non-issues anyway. So I'm honestly not sure what exactly your complaint is.

"
frenrihr wrote:
-The map thing is a good idea but poorly executed, just another RNG mechanic BS.

I kinda like the randomness since it keeps the map pool fresh, but progressing through the Atlas is a bastard if RNG isn't on your side. I wouldn't mind easier progression.

"
frenrihr wrote:
-People resign and dont finish their characters, they dont get to lvl 100 unless you are no lifers that abuse a skillbuild whatever that is OP.

Only masochists, racers, and completionists go for level 100. 90 is the cutoff point for, well, 90% of the playerbase. By level 90 you can probably do whatever you set out to do to the fullest potential and those extra 10 passive points probably won't make a huge difference.

"
frenrihr wrote:
-Melee is not viable, bad mobility, enemies doing too much damage, bosses spamming shit all over the place and TRASH tier melee skills, prevent them to be viable.

Oddly, melee has the best mobility skill in Whirling Blades. What I agree with is the fact melee is underwhelming without the liberal use of totems. After all, why put yourself in danger when you can do just as much damage in just as huge of an AoE from a distance?

"
frenrihr wrote:
-Most of your skill design is terrible, and this is the main reason you dont retain new players that dont get past the first act, they just look bad, not all of them but most of them are too simplistic visually and mechanically, specially melee skills. Movility skills like flame dash are unresponsive AS FUCK. Also your whole "gem skill system" is boring, new players only get a few of this gems and they say "well this sucks" and they leave, because they dont see any skill progression, what you call skill progression is crap, plain and simple.

The basic skills have to be visually and mechanically simple because of what you can make them do with support gems and uniques. That one simple arrow you fire at level 1 can easily turn into a spray of 5 arrows, each of which chains to 3 other targets on impact while firing cones of ice across half the map from each one. I will agree that Flame Dash in particular has dodgy responsiveness, especially if you're not in range.

Honestly, what I see from this post is a player who only made 2-3 characters, never really put the time in to learn the intricacies of the game, hit the wall of Merciless Act 4, and is now quitting because the game is too hard without even trying to solve their problems. I used to feel the same way until I buckled down, spent some time on the wiki, and really learned how to do things properly. Now I'm doing much better, though I still have a long way to go.
Comment above me says it all.
Also, you can tell he has little to no characters since he has 8 challenges in essence.
Last edited by pierceeee on Sep 27, 2016, 7:46:10 PM
"
Fhark wrote:
Almost 4k life what could possibly go wrong.

4k life + 1k es is a damn lot on a lvl 71 char!
itt: 3 pages of white knights telling you your decision was wrong. It's your time, not theirs. I'm in the same boat and uninstalled, nobody is going to convince me otherwise.
"
D623932883 wrote:
Trade blows. There's little to no player interaction involved.

it's slowing down mass trading and flipping due to the time investment needed.

i think trading is in a good spot right now, it serves it's purpose: most players can get the items they need for their build. one can make quite a deal from time to time if lucky, even with modest time investment.

"
D623932883 wrote:
You cannot sell items in-game without paying money

you can advertise your items for free by making a forum post containing them or use public stash tabs. selling stuff ingame is completely independent of prior monetary support.

"
D623932883 wrote:
If you use the forum you will not be automatically listed as online by poe.trade unless you are on the ladder.

also not true, poe's api interface returns the online/offline state of players to selected external sites independent of your ladder position for some time now.

don't want to comment on the rest, it's a mixture of probably intended game design to make the game harder or more fair for different player types.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Necromael wrote:
I agree with the op that game is too hard for casuals who dont invest time to learn mechanics of the game.

I disagree that d3 was bad before loot 2.0, it needed more skill to actually kill something, and no sets.

Also would like to see angry review about the game from a person that actually managed to spend more than 100 hours on this game.

Think op has syndrome of undergeared lvl70 who kicked first gear wall and made poor choices and now whole game is against him.

805 hours on steam, another 500 before I merged my account
POE still sucks
my two cents count, been on 3 years and made an epic dual striker
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986

this game suffers from no plot, bad voice acting and Fascist RNG that was make Stalinism look fair
also this game is steaming manure

Going back to GTA5, Metro and Witcher 3
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Sep 28, 2016, 5:19:16 AM
"
805 hours on steam, another 500 before I merged my account
POE still sucks
my two cents count, been on 3 years and made an epic dual striker
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986

this game suffers from no plot, bad voice acting and Fascist RNG that was make Stalinism look fair
also this game is steaming manure

Going back to GTA5, Metro and Witcher 3

Wow, you played steaming manure for 1305 hours. Are you by chance locked up in some siberian gulag?

- "no plot" -> barely anyone cares about plots in ARPGs
- "bad voice acting" -> barely anyone cares about voice acting in ARPGs
- "Fascist RNG" -> the staple of ARPGs, tho overdone in some places yes, because PoE is balaced around trading

GL with whatever your gulag comissar will force you to play next... :P
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info