CI Spec Throw (STND Gear)

This isn't meant to be a guide by any means, I'm just quickly showing my gems/gear/tree on what I've been running since they nerfed the KB/Frostwall combo. Also, this is partly for myself because I am thinking about selling gear, but want to index everything incase I ever want to come back to it.

I am also looking for any suggestions on improvements in tree/gem setup, etc. as well, so if you have something, feel free to speak up!

I have tested running 6 power charges/3 frenzy charges and dropping ICS for FA. Dps went up around 15k in hideout, but I was at ~85% crit with charges (not really bad, but with pathfinder I want as many crits as possible) and it cost other tree nodes so I went back to this setup because it just feels better overall for me.

I have done atziri/uber atziri and all the T16 guardians on here, but I have not tried shaper due to the fact that I'm at ~50% xp at level 96 and don't feel like ripping

Gear

Tree
poeurl.com/MXr
Ascendany

Pathfinder:
1. Nature's Adrenaline
2. Master Surgeon
3. Nature's Boon
4. Master Alchemist

Bandits
Point-Point-Frenzy

Jewels

Note: Ideally would not want res on jewels, but I couldn't fit it anywhere else after buying headhunter. Also, jewels aren't perfect, would still need 4 mod jewels. Getting ES% on jewels is great if you feel you need it, but I felt that 10k es was enough

Screenshots of damage

In H/O, no flasks

Flasked/Charges/No Vaal Haste

Flasked/Charges with Vaal Haste

Defenses (in H/O)

Videos

Please note, I am sorry for any bad quality and the lack of sound. Might try to replace but I don't make videos so I really don't know what I am doing :p

Slightly less shit Atziri, with sound

Last edited by BadBuild on Feb 26, 2017, 11:03:20 PM
Last bumped on Dec 3, 2016, 8:55:08 AM
TL;DR Standard noob scrub.

<3
no herald of ash --> no party in killing packs
"

Haha, I was debating trying to fit in hoi or hoa but with the phys to light I wasn't sure if hoa was worth it (I believe it would scale from my phys damage before phys to lightning, but I'm not 100% positive) and hatred already shatters, it just doesn't have the cool explosions from hoi
Plus I would have to drop something on tree for charisma
"
BadBuild wrote:
"

Haha, I was debating trying to fit in hoi or hoa but with the phys to light I wasn't sure if hoa was worth it (I believe it would scale from my phys damage before phys to lightning, but I'm not 100% positive) and hatred already shatters, it just doesn't have the cool explosions from hoi
Plus I would have to drop something on tree for charisma

p2l does not affect your herald of ash. Addition takes place before conversion.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
I have been trying to come up with a spectral throw ci pathfinder for essence league. Do you think there is any chance the build would work with not mirrored gear? I am talking about a dagger with 300 - 320 dps, something one can buy in essence league:D

Ohh and a way worse shield and chest too, no headhunter ..... you get the point, temp league gear.

edit: thank you for answering this post :D i think i will try this with a Bino's, just for the science.
I also might try some other boots, and see if this can be build as a league starter build
Last edited by LordBrainbug on Oct 3, 2016, 6:59:37 AM
"
Etherfire wrote:
p2l does not affect your herald of ash. Addition takes place before conversion.

Yeah thats what I thought, but I never tested. To work in a herald I would have find a place in gear (I would probably just drop phase run in helm, I only use that for lab) and then pick up charisma on tree, and even then I'm not 100% sure I would have enough mana left over

"
LordBrainbug wrote:
I have been trying to come up with a spectral throw ci pathfinder for essence league. Do you think there is any chance the build would work with not mirrored gear? I am talking about a dagger with 300 - 320 dps, something one can buy in essence league:D

Ohh and a way worse shield and chest too, no headhunter ..... you get the point, temp league gear.

Yes, I believe it will work. With a bino's and a non legacy ammy I had a bit less damage in H/O with aura's (Around 50k) which I feel should be enough for most general content. Bosses like uber, and I'm assuming shaper, might become difficult just because I rely on swapping in slower proj and dps'ing them down quickly. The HH honestly just makes it more fun, it isn't a required item.

To balance around having lower es gear, I would just take more ES% on tree because at the moment, I dont take much to reach 10k. Also to note, "Increased defenses from shields" or similar wording can play a huge part in getting ES. You also can drop maligaro/facebreaker/whatever for a es gloves with attack speed. If I swap gloves, I lose 5% crit chance, which isn't a whole let considering I'm capped. The dps will go down a bit, but it can really help your total ES

Aura's and flasks play a huge part in where my damage comes from (I have 60k tooltip with my current gear in town, but 116k in h/o with auras).

A problem you might find is keeping vinktar up since new league means non-legacy. I would probably run an overflowing chalice instead of atziri promise in that case to help keep your vinktars going.

Another good person to check out might be Mathil though, I know he keeps doing that dreamfeather ST and managed to do shaper, uber, etc. as life based with chaos damage/poison

edit:
Here is a screenshot with bino's and

Last edited by BadBuild on Sep 24, 2016, 11:59:17 AM
Even if I definitely hate "mirrored" gears, nice achievement I have to admit.
Keep doing the great job Bad.

Best regards,
Helfy.
|✡| Helfy & Helfy_Jr. #RoadTo100
Last edited by _Helfy_ on Sep 25, 2016, 12:31:47 PM
"
_Helfy_ wrote:
Even if I definitely hate "mirrored" gears, nice achievement I have to admit.
Keep doing the great job Bad.

Best regards,
Helfy.

Haha, thanks. I'm not too big into the invest vs the payoff compared to what you can do with other builds for less, but I do at the same time enjoying playing around with higher end gear and I personally enjoy the way ST feels
how do you keep power charges up? i cant see any curses in your gear
🍇OverLord's elderberry kiosk🍇 /3029690
Rapture Peak
IGN: OverLordFML

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info