Atlas Maps not getting acknowledged and Disconnecting vs New Microtransactions

Dear GGG and Path of Exiles. I have decided to give Essence League a break for a while. I lost an entire set of Portals to my next map from your massive disconnection crap this morning. And yet i continue to see that you pump out microtransactions like there is no tomorrow.
Maybe if you managed to have more stable internet connections you would get more customers and keep your previous ones (likes me) interested in continuing to buy. Its aggrevating when you dont get proper credit for doing things the right way in gaming order and not seeing it register on Atlas. :P So i'm just gonna stick with Standard League for a while until at least the server disconnections are under better control. Why bother continuing to tryr when you disconnect so much and not get credit for your work. :P

The Morgawr
p.s. I still like POE better than any other game otu there i've tried. but this is getting ridiculous.
Last bumped on Sep 26, 2016, 2:25:12 PM
I hope you're running your maps the way you are supposed to to get them "acknowledged".

And, you direct this to GGG, but you've just made a thread about more or less the same thin in the bug section. And I can more or less guarantee you that GGG reads that section more often than General Discussion.

But hey, I feel you, disconnection is a bitch.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
What server are you playing on? Have you tried switching to another server? Have you run traces to see where the problem is occurring? I'm pretty sure GGG has information that they prefer to have submitted with these kind of complaints to be able to confirm that the problem is on their end, and not with your ISP, or somewhere else along the line. Don't misunderstand me, I am not a GGG White Knight that refuses to believe that connection problems are ever their fault/their server's fault, but it is worth looking into.
U MAD?
Last edited by Docbp87 on Sep 23, 2016, 1:22:30 PM
There are a few things that make your point a bit less pointy.

GGG need to make money so they can
a) Pay for further development
b) Pay for maintenance and fixing bugs
c) Pay for servers

Thus, incentives for players to pay for this completely F2P game that has no pay to win elements have to be created. These incentives include MTX.

People creating MTX are also people who are unlikely to be able to do anything about disconnections and other bugs - artists often are not the best programmers and while I don't know any of GGG's artists or their skills, I think we can be happy that they're not the ones programming.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
There are a few things that make your point a bit less pointy.

GGG need to make money so they can
a) Pay for further development
b) Pay for maintenance and fixing bugs
c) Pay for servers

Thus, incentives for players to pay for this completely F2P game that has no pay to win elements have to be created. These incentives include MTX.

People creating MTX are also people who are unlikely to be able to do anything about disconnections and other bugs - artists often are not the best programmers and while I don't know any of GGG's artists or their skills, I think we can be happy that they're not the ones programming.

On one hand, cosmetic crap is made by artists who have nothing else to do, people who need something to work on to stay on payroll. And I have no problem with that, it's got nothing to do with development and these people need a job to work on.

However...

There is the matter of public image. When your game is in a shoddy state both functionally and in balance, it's a bad time to try and sell your cosmetic shit. And it's a really bad time to be pushing those MTX items like a GameStop clerk pushes preorders. Now is the time to step back and say "Hey guys, we know there are issues and we're working on them, here's a look at what we're doing about it right now."

GGG has been spamming the announcements with MTX. They've been spamming in-game alerts with MTX. The first thing on every patch notes is MTX. The sheer aggression with which they're trying to sell MTX is making them look desperate for our money, like they don't care about anything else. That's going to have a negative impact in the best of times, nevermind when everyone is already irate about more important things in the game.
This is a buff™
"
Docbp87 wrote:
have submitted with these kind of complaints to be able to confirm that the problem is on their end, and not with your ISP

Deliver pain exquisite
"
"
Docbp87 wrote:
have submitted with these kind of complaints to be able to confirm that the problem is on their end, and not with your ISP

If you're having connection issues in-game or with the client at all we are always happy to assist with troubleshooting. If you believe it's possible the issue is with our servers, the routing to our servers or the actual realms themselves please submit those reports to us!

Most of the time the issue is actually before it reaches our server network, and if that is the case we will do our best to assist with fixing the problem. If we can see clear evidence in the WinMTR reports we request (or a few other tests we do) that it is related to our servers we will investigate this immediately! I think what Chris recently posted on Reddit about this issue sums it up pretty well:

"
Chris wrote:
The team note that 90% of MTR reports end up being dodgy routers, wireless connections, etc, and it can be a time-consuming process working out what's at fault. The remaining 10% are useful and can lead to our ISP reporting a networking problem to another ISP. They almost always reply saying they know about it already, but it feels useful at least.

From Reddit, here.

Contact us at support@grindinggear.com!
Last edited by Sarah on Sep 23, 2016, 5:00:29 PM
"
The_Morgawr wrote:
Dear GGG and Path of Exiles. I have decided to give Essence League a break for a while. I lost an entire set of Portals to my next map from your massive disconnection crap this morning. And yet i continue to see that you pump out microtransactions like there is no tomorrow.
Maybe if you managed to have more stable internet connections you would get more customers and keep your previous ones (likes me) interested in continuing to buy. Its aggrevating when you dont get proper credit for doing things the right way in gaming order and not seeing it register on Atlas. :P So i'm just gonna stick with Standard League for a while until at least the server disconnections are under better control. Why bother continuing to tryr when you disconnect so much and not get credit for your work. :P

The Morgawr
p.s. I still like POE better than any other game otu there i've tried. but this is getting ridiculous.

Artists are not programmers. Expecting GGG to either demand their artists fix bugs or fire all of their artists to hire programmers to fix more bugs is completely asinine.

Also, GGG does not host their own servers, no one in modern IT hosts their own servers; GGG outsources hosting just like everyone else. On top of this, the ones hosting the servers do not own internet backbone routes. The issue is so far removed from GGG 99% of the time that even if you tell GGG, they can't even tell someone to fix it. They have to tell someone else to tell someone else to tell someone else to fix it.

Thirdly, Chris runs a successful growing business, knows pretty well how to continue growing it and "get more customers" within his means. It's just that they don't have infinite money and have to prioritize different things. If you really want to have a small idea of how things work, go watch the Lioneye's Watch podcast that had Chris on it recently. He talked about the business side of how things go down a fair bit.
I have sincere appology to make here. I very carefully reread the Atlas information and now understand how to run the maps properly. I have 18/125 done properly in the correct order along a path.
Also I have discovered much to my dismay that it is NOT the fault of Path of Exile. My Ram on my comptuer was damaged and needed replacing. Sometimes I still get disconncted but the fault is on my end of things.

I feel very stupid and am very sorry i yelled at GGG and PoE when the fault was my own. Again I am very sorry. Please accept my public appology and I will shut up and still continue to support Path of Exile. It really is my favorite of games and the only one i erally play anymore. I only fuss so much because I like it so damned much. :) Does that make sense. I have really enjoyed Atlas its been fun and I even found a build of my own now a Frost Bolt combination with Elemental Ice and Fire helping out now I might post it. I have run this build successfully in Prophecy and now fine tuning it in Essence.

So again my sincerely appology to wasting people's time with foolish complaining when I didn't understand things first.

Humbly submitted,
The Morgawr
p.s. Yes still a very avid player and will continue to be so, if allowed.
"
The_Morgawr wrote:
I have sincere appology to make here. I very carefully reread the Atlas information and now understand how to run the maps properly. I have 18/125 done properly in the correct order along a path.
Also I have discovered much to my dismay that it is NOT the fault of Path of Exile. My Ram on my comptuer was damaged and needed replacing. Sometimes I still get disconncted but the fault is on my end of things.

I feel very stupid and am very sorry i yelled at GGG and PoE when the fault was my own. Again I am very sorry. Please accept my public appology and I will shut up and still continue to support Path of Exile. It really is my favorite of games and the only one i erally play anymore. I only fuss so much because I like it so damned much. :) Does that make sense. I have really enjoyed Atlas its been fun and I even found a build of my own now a Frost Bolt combination with Elemental Ice and Fire helping out now I might post it. I have run this build successfully in Prophecy and now fine tuning it in Essence.

So again my sincerely appology to wasting people's time with foolish complaining when I didn't understand things first.

Humbly submitted,
The Morgawr
p.s. Yes still a very avid player and will continue to be so, if allowed.

I think I have to print and frame this post. This, people, is one of the rarest things to find on the internet... a person admitting they've been wrong.

Thank you! And yes, I understand what you mean by only fussing so much because you like the game so much.

Have a nice day and good luck staying connected (I get DCs, too, but very rarely).
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info