Question about elemental resistance/penetration

Hey guys
I always have found confusion in forum and I'm still not sure about the questions I'm going to say.
Let's say we have fire penetration gem (-38% fire resistance) in our main skill and we use dual curse flammability and elemental weakness (for another total of -90%) if we are going to hit a mob that has 0% fire resistance this mob goes to -128% fire resistance or there is a limit such as -75% resistance?
My other question is: penetration is really important if we fight against a boss or other mobs that have +50% or more resistance. So we need to lower that at least at 0%. But is really important as a concern the damage to put down the resistance of a mob to -128% too? Or the damage we are going to gain is few, so we just need to face a mob with -60% resistance.
I hope someone knows precisely the answer :)
Thanks
Regards
Last bumped on Jan 16, 2017, 2:42:41 PM
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Resistance_penetration

1) i have never heard of a cap on negative resists.

2) The higher a mobs resistance, the greater relative benefit you receive from penetration and reduced resistances.
With some map mods, mobs can have over capped resistances though. In those situations it is possible a curse may not have any noticeable effect. Penetration will always work though.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Sep 23, 2016, 7:43:58 AM
Not 100% sure but almost: Penetration ignores the overcapping of resistances whereas reduction doesn't.

Ex: The cap is at 75%, but the the mob is overcapped at 150%.
- A penetration of 30% would make you deal damage as if the mob had a resistance of 45%.
- A reduction of 30% would affect the overcapped amount, reducing the overcap to 120%.

They stack additively, so against a mob with 75% resistance not overcapped, with 30% reduction and 30% penetration you deal damage as if the mob had 15% resistance.
Last edited by Jojas on Sep 23, 2016, 7:43:03 AM
And what about values above maximum elemental resistance for ex: Fire 75% (145%) is there any additional elemental dmg reduction from it ?
Is it OK to feel guilty for killing an albino rhoa? The poor thing was scared and running away, and I slaughtered it. Does that make me a bad person?

Yes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info