Swear to god trading is going to make me go insane.

I can't tell if I_NO is complaining about their not being an Auction House, or complaining about the possibility of their being an Auction House..
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
What do you mean "is going to"? :D
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
''Player interaction'' LOL!

But... but... but... wouldn't you miss these awesome "t4t" and "t4t" talks? ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Boem wrote:
Trading needs a considerable downside with how efficient it is at bypassing content.

Peace,

-Boem-

This is something i totaly understand and i see where you come from.
Here is a long and boring answer but i will probably feel better after :D

Back in days i was often asking for trading improvements and even AH thanks to my curiosity and long and sometimes boring discussions with anti AH extremist groups on this forum ( ironic eh ) i tested a lot of games using one and while the conclusion isn't extreme by itself there are still lot of questions to consider about the risk it represent. And i've to agree it could literaly kill the PoE will all know.

If you ask me today i would say no i don't want an AH anymore or at least only with a long process of testing.

Now back in topic let's talk about convenience / considerable downside.

I don't know for you but i'm playing pathofbuilds !
I'm not interested into running one char per league but 5/10 or more ( granted i limited myself to three characters three last leagues was burned out with leveling wich is another subject ).
This is requiring a lot of trading to furnish them a bit ...
I'm at 9 in both EHC and ESC since AoW has been released and to be honest it's really exhausting to trade all time having to back in hideout / getting afk wall on poe.trade / doing micro trades and having to avoid scams ( this is a sport now-a-days ). Switching leagues aswell ..

Granted some cross instances trading has been discussed and planned.
Add to that in last Q&A if i understand it right Chris said he is not against adding a way for indexers to offer an option filtering afk players wich is kinda a good thing regarding situation.

The /autoreply is great aswell now i can tell players i'm not leaving my map for a trade under 5c and they will have to kindly wait.

And then the premium tabs ( wich are a subject that could still be discussed in my opinion ) solved my problems with certain third party tools ( Mostly the fact if any third party tools fail there are not any ways to claim it was their fault and GGG policy won't help either if it happen. I'm not risking my account like that ).

My point after saying all of that answering to you ( and derivating a bit ) is actualy trading isn't much helping at bypassing content since it became really fast the 2nd most important aspect of the game.

And this aspect has been neglected so much that at this point it's not a downside to the content but a downside to the whole experience.
The time lost in proportion doing micro trades ( micro trades are meta atm :D ) is more important than the time you can really play depending of your goals and what you want to achieve.

Mapping ...
A wild buyer appear asking you to waste 1 min of your life for ... a few virtual currencies.
Honestly i prefer wasting this min to keep chaining maps and playing something cool.
That can sounds a bit sad but time is the only thing that can't be refunded so better to spend quality time.
Of course i could just leave all my goals in this game play one 30c shaper viable build and have fun oh yeah sounds interesting ( that was extremist actualy :D ).

The way GGG is handling this is not bad at all there are lot of progress but my conclusion is they still don't know what to do and how to handle this to please the masse and offer a real solution.
They are taking the problem in the wrong sense trying to fill a gap they created by building trading on wobbly basis ( correct me if it's not an appropriate word i wasn't sure ).

One for all no AH or it has to be really well thinked and adapted to the PoE ecosystem.
But for god sake some REAL polishing is a thing i ask to GGG before it is TOO LATE.

Lot of great folks already got burned out by that ending to hate the game they supported with love / money or both.
And no need to come on this forum my teamspeak is enough filled with PoE players that got pissed off by all of that i don't really blame them even if their decision is a bit surprizing. I just can't tell them anymore they were wrong to stop for this reason ( and some others ).

I learned that this community can come with an impressive creativity when i watch this forum and reddit the dedication players have for this game is amazing and i really expect somebody will come with a great idea and maybe ( i wishe it could be the case ) the idea will come from GGG's office but for now will have to keep going with what we have ^^

More or less welcoming any improvements at this point ! :)

3+ years later still the hotest topic of this forum ^^ There some reasons don't you think ?

Hf :)
all i want is a fix to

"hi i would like to buy x"

AFK

not logged in

no response

no response

responds 20 minutes later after you got what you needed somewhere else, than rages at you because "why the hell you message me if you already have it"

dont care if its A1N, dont care if its a HO just fix the above please!
"
"
TheExile777 wrote:
You have fucking 40, so do as usual, help guildies to 40 for 3 days and see you next league...

/dinosaur

My friends are gone literally gone they didn't want to play anymore the two remaining remain in HC.

can i join your guild and be your friend then? provided its in ESC not EHC
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
argh444 wrote:
all i want is a fix to

AFK

not logged in

no response

no response

responds 20 minutes later after you got what you needed somewhere else, than rages at you because "why the hell you message me if you already have it"

dont care if its A1N, dont care if its a HO just fix the above please!

this!
So what is the real problem here?

GGG would need to find a way to keep people interested in their game over longer time spans.

It's everytime the same abusive groups of people like 820s or 40/40s taking advantage of other players. If you get unlucky in the beginning, you can have some bread crumbs for the rest of the three months but you have a financial disadvantage, that you will never come by.

I really hope they bring those channeling skills soon to keep people playing and the economy healthy. Otherwise we will be all at 30 min per 1 item trade again, if we even can a fitting item.
You give the devil your pinky finger, next thing U_NO he got your whole hand, like...

Soon you'll have trades that confirm themself if they match any listed average exchange ratios.

Basically you just run around, kill mobs, and you can keep your inventory open and watch how items and currency is upgrading itself real time ***bling bling bling bling ding ding ding ding***.

So, get back to fishing in your hideout with your npc,
and wait for that someone to reply to you 25 minutes late,
hitting you up with a totally low ball offer which makes you flip your desk,
and enjoy the experience also known as "trading".

Much love.
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Is this the thread where butthurt millennials gather? OP doesnt even make any sense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info