Swear to god trading is going to make me go insane.

"
Boem wrote:
Trading needs a considerable downside with how efficient it is at bypassing content.

Peace,

-Boem-

So is having older characters gear in a same way efficient in bypassing content. Having currency means you can either farm efficiently or trade efficiently. Game has enough downsides for those who try to bypass content without skill/knowledge of the game.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
Necromael wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
Trading needs a considerable downside with how efficient it is at bypassing content.

Peace,

-Boem-

So is having older characters gear in a same way efficient in bypassing content. Having currency means you can either farm efficiently or trade efficiently. Game has enough downsides for those who try to bypass content without skill/knowledge of the game.

Nobody relevant to my statement gives a hoot about standard.

And outside the context of standard your post makes very little sense.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
Necromael wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

Nobody relevant to my statement gives a hoot about standard.

And outside the context of standard your post makes very little sense.

Peace,

-Boem-

Out of curiosity, what kind of downside, economical or characterside downside?

And how would that downside be useful? Would it prevent something that is not happening during trade now? (I mean things like inflation and simmilar) In other words, is having a trade downside justified?

I care not about standard, I care about whole game, decisions are made for both standard and temporary leagues, both are factors that have to be taken into account, since always, league items roll over to standard.
Spreading salt since 2006
I feel like I _have_ to trade in late game to get the fun build that I want to play to work properly. Finding these specific items myself is way too time consuming.

I really dislike the trading in this game though, so usually I trade maybe like 10 items and then I quit the game for a while. Currently, I am checking the forums every 2 months to see if trading has improved. I will probably start playing again if trading gets substantially better. I do not really care how trading is improved: offline trading via a web interface / Diablo AH / Runescape GE / trading by chat without having to leave your map / whatever.
"
Necromael wrote:

Out of curiosity, what kind of downside, economical or characterside downside?

The illusion that playing the game is somewhat reasonable in efficiency of wealth acquisition compared to trading.

Which is important to keep the pyramid going which this games economy is built upon.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Cross instance trading is coming soon.

I think.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

I treasure the people in my friends list whom I "made laugh on a dark day" or similar.

I also enjoy the various hideouts I see, and the occasional person who says "nice hideout" or just last night commented "your hideout is fucking sick"

I also trade in basic flasks, skill gems and some jewellery and toss in a quip or comment after we do the trade. I get a reasonable flow of "lols" and one person who said I was trying very hard for the "social interaction of this shitty trading system".

We ended up having a conversation.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Sep 23, 2016, 7:33:05 AM
I feel that the biggest problem is 1alch-2chaos trash items, basically only time i have problems with buying stuff it's those items.. i honestly don't understand why people even bother to put those for sale anyways, other than gems.

To make this easier, i have been leveling selffound, gather some chaos and go straight for the 5C+ items, usually i get instant invite/trade.

And if i for some reason want somethign from the trashpool, i always choose the seller by checking when those items have been put up.
If under 3 hours, usually it's someone with a low*ish level character and i get instant invite/trade and in some cases i can give my 1alch shitty items to that player.

This league i was looking for Increased Duration, found someone with 4alt prize/put up very recently.. guy was a level 35 or so.. paid that 4 alts and then gave him soem nice leveling items, he was going for Warchief's and i even gave him Soul Mantle for free.. :D

Needless to say that both were very happy after that one.

Without too much of flaming here, things are so much better on HC_temp and imo even STD kicks temp_SC's arse in this matter.
d:-D*
Queen Dinosaur Trader Galore complaining about trading?
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
I like this game too much to sell items worth less than 10 chaos. I like PLAYING too much. Trading is always a choice. If your spending to much time trading, ask yourself: Is this worth my time? Do I really need that 3 chaos?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info