Look what I found on Poe.trade: it's full of jerks!

"
Rhilnix wrote:
"
Aerinx wrote:
They are PUBLIC tabs not SELL tabs, you can use your public tabs for whatever the fuk you want to use them for.

"
Premium stash tabs can now be set as "public", which makes them accessible to third-party trading websites.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Version_2.1.2e
What is your point exactly? I never said they can't be used for trading. They can be used for whatever you want INCLUDING trading. Nowhere did GGG said that public tabs must be exclusively used for trading.
"
Ashwin wrote:
Guess what it means to list an item as visible to the public? Or maybe read up on why the entire concept of "public stash tabs" was created in the first place.
I don't have to guess, I know exactly what it means: It means anyone is able to see that you have that item, NOTHING MORE. Maybe you need a dictionary. Why they were created is irrelevant, you can use them for anything you want unless GGG says otherwise. You can expect people trying to buy an item they know you have, expecting every single public item to be on sale, however, is not a reasonable expectation.
Last edited by Aerinx on Sep 25, 2016, 7:31:09 PM
"
Aerinx wrote:
Why they were created is irrelevant

Why they were created, determines how other look at them; hence, counting on the items in those tabs to be "on the market". So it's not 100% irrelevant.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Dont put the item in a stash tab thats meant for trading and this wont happen

Hurdur: thats the only reason for this tab to be set to public to trade... noone gives a shit that you have xxx item also nothing else even uses this other then trading sites? what did you think would happen?

Not like some web page has a list of random peoples trade tabs to see what items tey got to drop/traded for cause that would be dumb
"
Aerinx wrote:
"
Ashwin wrote:
Guess what it means to list an item as visible to the public? Or maybe read up on why the entire concept of "public stash tabs" was created in the first place.
I don't have to guess, I know exactly what it means: It means anyone is able to see that you have that item, NOTHING MORE. Maybe you need a dictionary. Why they were created is irrelevant, you can use them for anything you want unless GGG says otherwise. You can expect people trying to buy an item they know you have, expecting every single public item to be on sale, however, is not a reasonable expectation.

Go read: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1595024

I'm not asking you to read the general meaning of the word 'public'. I'm talking about it in the context of this game. If you didn't bother reading that link I posted above, at least know this: Public stash tabs were created purely to ease trading. When you list an item on there, it means that you are putting it up for trade.
"
Ashwin wrote:

I'm not asking you to read the general meaning of the word 'public'. I'm talking about it in the context of this game. If you didn't bother reading that link I posted above, at least know this: Public stash tabs were created purely to ease trading. When you list an item on there, it means that you are putting it up for trade.

This.
You say you will not buy more tabs for other people so you can split sale/non-sale items but...

We aren't asking you to. I think in your case it would be a great investment for YOU, considering you wrote this wall about it.

Nobody but you is hurt by this, so who are you helping here? Get tabs like we all do, problem solved.

If you really can't afford it, let me know and I'll gift you some if support allows it.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
To me jerk is the person that puts stuff that he doesn't want to sell on poe.trade, makes another person lose time by linking and asking for the price, and still thinks he is right
IGN gubert
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Aerinx wrote:
Why they were created is irrelevant

Why they were created, determines how other look at them; hence, counting on the items in those tabs to be "on the market". So it's not 100% irrelevant.
You are absolutely right, and that completely justifies people trying to buy and offering to buy your things, I did address that point, however, I already said you should expect people to try and buy your things, but you can deny every approach from them to buy anything. There is nothing wrong with that and you have every right to do so for as long as this system remains as it is.

All that said, I think that there are better ways to inform people that some things are not for sale, he might have even been a little rude. You don't have to explain yourself. That said also, I must say the buyer was much worse than the OP, he was insulting and offensive on a personal level, and that kind of response was really uncalled for.
"
Ashwin wrote:
"
Aerinx wrote:
"
Ashwin wrote:

Yeah, well, I've read that. I usually read every manifesto.

I find it very telling that you ask me to read that when you have not even read the post you quoted. I will ask you to read it again, I will even copy the relevant part at the end of this post to make it easier for you.

Another possibility is that you have read it but failed to comprehend it, so please use your time and read it slowly, if you still fail to understand it please ask me for help, I will try to help you, specially if English is not your first language.

"
Why they were created is irrelevant, you can use them for anything you want unless GGG says otherwise. You can expect people trying to buy an item they know you have, expecting every single public item to be on sale, however, is not a reasonable expectation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info