PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

Look what I found on Poe.trade: it's full of jerks!

"
mark1030 wrote:
"
KronicDecay wrote:
OP sounds like the jerk to me. So the guy changed his mind and didnt take it off poe.trade big deal. You could have simply moved onto the next seller like we all do.
That's what I see too. There is evidence of a jerk in the OP, but it's not the buy he thinks it is.

Why do you need to list an item to compare it? do you really need to see your offering next to somebody else's offering to compare them? And after you compare it, wouldn't you remove it from the sale tab?
That's the really confusing part! I can at least understand (kind of) using this method to look at items that actually have affixes, roll ranges, etc... but Offerings don't vary... My Offering to the Goddess and OP's Offering to the Goddess... have the same "stats"?.
U MAD?
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
For everything you don't want to sell, just price it with an exorbitant buyout.

Yup that's basically what I do. If someone wants to pay me 10ex for an item worth 5c, hells yeah. That or you can just put a note that says not for sale. Premium tabs support notes.

Also it's aggravating when people msg you for an item that has no listed price. Make me an offer. Then again anyone that msgs with an offer is usually this massive lowballer so I dunno.

Just keep calm and trade folks.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
reibuorumai wrote:
My faith in humanity is too high to believe this is a legitimate, serious post.

Holy shit you have to be new to that whole internet thing. This is the home of all shady business and retards in any colors of the damn rainbow. Better leave the internet NOW before it will take your "faith in humanity" let's it get fucked by a dog and sells a snuff video of that shit on a dark web market. rofl

I've been on the internet long enough, far before "dark web" was even a term; it's more like.. feels like "10/10 troll" than "legit post".

In any case, ignoring social norms and crying when people get angry at you for doing so is not how social interaction works I'm sorry to say. Price your item in mirrors if you don't want offers.

"

Also it's aggravating when people msg you for an item that has no listed price. Make me an offer. Then again anyone that msgs with an offer is usually this massive lowballer so I dunno.

Seriously. If I had a price in mind that I was going to sell it for, I would put it up for that buyout; but I also know that it's not worth 2 alchs, 5 alts and 56 wisdom scroll fragments. No-buyout listings have been the worst experience for me, both as a buyer and a seller. One time I was trying to buy a rare amulet with no buyout, and then the guy put in a random unique one when I put my money in the window. I canceled, telling him it was wrong, so he puts in a (bad) rare amulet of the same basetype (wrong name, too) I asked for. I tell him to stop being retarded and he finally puts in the right amulet. All he says is "?" the whole time. If it wasn't the only one listed in poetrade that had the stats I needed, I would've just left and paid more elsewhere.

That said though, I do like the player interaction of trading with people overall.. Only like 1% of my trades are actually like this. (Most of them no-buyout trades.)
"
Hunwulf wrote:

Yea, this is a way. Another is just leave a note like "not for sale" on the items you have in API tabs just for reasons, works.

It doesn't work. I run out of space quite often so I put stuff in the trade stash too and leave a note like not for sale. Still get messages like, how much do you want for that?
@OP
just sort your tabs, man.
If you dont want to sell things, don't put them in a public tab. Period.
If you don't have enough tabs, well, you gotta get rid of sh*t.

Or at the very least, tell the guy trying to buy that it's not for sale, it's there by mistake, you ran out of space and it's temporarily there.

I wonder if I haven't tried to trade with you twice in the previous league and called you stupid... that or you're not alone in your weird conception of public tabs.
They are PUBLIC tabs not SELL tabs, you can use your public tabs for whatever the fuk you want to use them for.
"
Ashwin wrote:
"
Ax2Grind wrote:
Let's start with how poetrade isn't an auction house (you can thank GGG for not having that), so things that are there aren't all for sale.

Which part of the website's url "poe.trade", or even the large banner at the top of the site "Path of Exile shops indexer" was unclear to you?

If you are listing an item on that site, it does mean that it is for sale.
He did NOT list an item in that site, he chose to make an item visible to the public. The site listed the item.
"
Seems like opinions must be very clear lately, even though not really intended to attack, let's go:

Both people shown in the situation are wrong in my point of view, because you shouldn't list something to sell without not having the intent to sell, it is the same as those who scam with low price, even though less severe because you're not trying to manipulate prices, it is still wrong because people thinking they're for sale, lose their time trying to buy it.

On the other hand, there's no mechanism to stop it, so blaming the user for doing so, seems wrong too, even more with authoritarianism against those doing so, they have the tool and they're free to use it, you can't tell them not to use, it's their will. So, the right thing to do, i think, is complaining at GGG by allowing the wrong use of their tool, which won't solve shit, but is where the problem resides.
He did NOT list anything to sell, he chose to put an item as publicly viewable, nowhere did he say he wanted to sell that item.
"
silumit wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
MeWhenum wrote:
I fail to see how the guy was a jerk

Thank you, I thought I was the only one...
You aren't.

Nope, definetely not XD+
"Ta-Ta, not-a-cockroach"
"
Aerinx wrote:
"
Seems like opinions must be very clear lately, even though not really intended to attack, let's go:

Both people shown in the situation are wrong in my point of view, because you shouldn't list something to sell without not having the intent to sell, it is the same as those who scam with low price, even though less severe because you're not trying to manipulate prices, it is still wrong because people thinking they're for sale, lose their time trying to buy it.

On the other hand, there's no mechanism to stop it, so blaming the user for doing so, seems wrong too, even more with authoritarianism against those doing so, they have the tool and they're free to use it, you can't tell them not to use, it's their will. So, the right thing to do, i think, is complaining at GGG by allowing the wrong use of their tool, which won't solve shit, but is where the problem resides.
He did NOT list anything to sell, he chose to put an item as publicly viewable, nowhere did he say he wanted to sell that item.
Joke will be on him when somebody sends evidence to xyz that the peson isn't selling items. He'll get blacklisted on poe.trade and none of his items will be listed.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Sep 24, 2016, 9:28:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info