Look what I found on Poe.trade: it's full of jerks!

"
@From *********: Hi, I would like to buy your Offering to the Goddess in Essence (stash tab "Maps"; position: left 12, top 7) - how many do you have? I can buy bulk from you.
@To *********: no thanks, everyone lowballs so im saving them to run myself
@From *********: you have it on poe.trade, might consider removing it?
@From *********: I didn't even offer and you declined, so you clearly don't want to trade them.
@To *********: theres so much wrong with that i cant even
@From *********: you're an idiot. I didn't even offer you a price and you rejected me. just take it offline. ignoring you for stupidity

Let's start with how poetrade isn't an auction house (you can thank GGG for not having that), so things that are there aren't all for sale. Just because something is on it doesn't mean has to be traded because of its name. If I made a site that gathered the same info but called it [Removed by Support], does that mean you can expect the police to show up at your door for trying to sell game items for illegal pics? The option to make it public allows me to price individual items, AND TO LEAVE THEM UNPRICED, which means you have to expect them not to be for sale. I have 1 map tab right now, not 1 for trade maps and 1 for no trade maps. I don't have to buy double the tabs just for you, my stash is there for me, so why do I have my standard tabs public when playing temp league?

Because I use poetrade to check my own items without having to relog. See, here's how it works: you get an Abyssus to drop, you open poetrade, you choose standard, start typing Abyssus then click the item in the list, put your accountname under seller and hit enter. How about that, all your standard Abyssuses listed so you can compare them. Then, like I did earlier this league, I realized I had better, removed my name from seller, changed the league to Essence, put in the mods, and sold it eventually for 1.5ex.

So, now that you see there's a legit reason to make tabs public (again, thanks GGG) that doesn't involve trading items in them, you jackasses out there telling me how to use it can GET FUCKED! Yeah, I hid this asshole's name because I don't need GGG coming down on me for calling someone out (not that they won't do the same for the 3 whole words of meanness I just used), but just taking his attacks apart isn't good enough.

Yeah, people are lowballing me ALL THE DAMN TIME, so I just tell them I value my items more than the '1c because it's a leveling item' when it's pretty much the best rare of it's kind listed. Yeah, I know, I have another just like it on standard because they're really good, so no price means don't expect it to be for sale or demand a price because a parsing site calls itself wtfe.trade.

Oh, and why didn't you make an offer in the 1st place? Because you expect all that or expect me to take my time pricing it instead of taking a chance on a price you know is a lowball and can't counter after? Or because you know it might not be for sale? Yeah, I'll decline because I didn't like your offer, and yes, you did offer - NOTHING! So expect it.

With all the crashes and shit we put up with on poetrade you'd think the least they can do is put a disclaimer on the damn site about this. Or maybe GGG calling these jerks what they are after the lack of trading options for years then cramming this down everyone's throat by making it clear this isn't just for trade. I mean balancing trade debate isn't a replacement for balancing gems, but at least they can get 1 of them done.
Last edited by Ethan_GGG on Sep 23, 2016, 12:04:35 AM
Last bumped on Sep 29, 2016, 3:59:53 AM
Yo PM me the fucking guy I'm ma troll the shit out of this kid.

JK seemed I actually read the thread LOL OP Oh man that's GLORIOUS I'm on the other guys side dunno wtf u doing.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Sep 25, 2016, 7:11:15 PM
I don't get it, your items are listed on poe.trade, you have no intent to trade, yet other people are the jerks?

I really don't get it at all.
"
I don't get it, your items are listed on poe.trade, you have no intent to trade, yet other people are the jerks?

I really don't get it at all.

No he was inquiring about buying the Offerings, the seller didn't want to sell them. Then the guy lost his shit, called him names, then came here and ranged on how bad PoET is and how full of jerks it is and how GGG is complete trash for letting jerks in the game and not having an auction house and how PoET is a jerk for not putting up a disclaimer on how it's filled with jerks.

Actually when you bake it down, OP seems far more insane than I had originally thought. This game man, people need more lives if that kind of crap bothers them. Life if my worry was about some guy not selling me an Offering lawd!

Want to sell your item? No? Kk, moving on. What's the big deal? These guys gotta rage and fire off insults and ugh, just why??? Meds man, I guess they aren't available to some, or some go undiagnosed but seriously these people freak me out. The anger for something to small, do, no, get, it.
Deliver pain exquisite
"

No he was inquiring about buying the Offerings, the seller didn't want to sell them.

No, he was the "seller"...?

EDIT: But there's clearly something I'm not getting her. I don't trade much, so that's probably why. And when I trade, I always sell. But why I have to make my items public to be able to "compare" them on PoE trade, I don't get. And even WHY you would compare them, when I'm not selling them.

But hey, again, I'm no super-trader, so I'm excused for not understanding.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Sep 23, 2016, 12:18:39 AM
Wait...

So OP places his items in a trade tab, someone inquires about them, OP shuts them down without letting them offer....ok...but when the person seemingly civilly asks OP to not put them up for sale if they're not for sale, OP gets mad? What?

Sounds like you're mad that people low balled you and you projected your anger onto this guy. You're perfectly free to not sell but it is discourteous to put things in sale tabs that aren't for sale. I fail to see how the guy was a jerk, he got mad when you started getting aggressive and wouldn't listen to his offer, aka what most people would do.
"
MeWhenum wrote:
I fail to see how the guy was a jerk

Thank you, I thought I was the only one...
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
We need a strawpoll on this. Im with the buyer on this too lol. That's another reason to set buyout price- you won't get low offers, or at least not as many.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
MeWhenum wrote:
I fail to see how the guy was a jerk

Thank you, I thought I was the only one...
You aren't.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Buyer > Seller

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info