New Microtransactions: Black Hole Vortex and Frost Bolt and Flare Discharge

Feel like doing a vortex character as well just for the mtx
Now I've been dallying with that Frostbolt/Ice Nova mechanic for a while, and I think I'll be finally building it now. As the graphics hoe that I am I couldn't resist instabuying the new mtx - again. My mind already goes through possible mtx setups. Gloom Armor & Wings (hah I wish they were finally available for direct purchase) would go super nicely with the Black Hole Frostbolt.

But you know what doesn't?
Ice Nova doesn't!

A Black hole generally doesn't emit anything, especially not ice. Matter that gets close to the thing gets hyperheated. The only thing that "eascapes" from just before the event horizon are split particles, where one falls in and the other gets repulsed out into the nothingsness, in form of gamma ray energy. So if a Black hole Frostbolt would have any type of nova, it would either be a gamma ray burst nova or an accretion disk nova. Here's what a GRB looks like*:

*should probably look like. We never saw one directly, which is kind of a good thing...

And here's what an accretion disk would most probably and scientifically most accurately look like (I heard Interstellar did some proper research):

I tested all the effects there are available for ice nova so far with it.
Normal Nova and Water Nova do neither look that much different nor fit with BHFB at all:

The Arctic Ice Nova effect comes closest to either a Gamma Ray Burst or even moreso an accretion disk, regarding color scheme and particle effects:

TL;DR: Mimimimi pleez mak yet another Ice Nova MTX!!1!
That is not an avatar, that's how I really looked when I wrote this post!
so they nerf CoC discharge and now they bring out MTX for it? fail -1
IGN : FourTwenty_Yolo_BlazeIt
Twitch : www.Twitch.tv/187RIPgaming
"We will no longer surrender this country, or its people, to the false song of globalism. The nation-state remains the true foundation for happiness and harmony." -Donald J. Trump
"
I_ysk wrote:
Now I've been dallying with that Frostbolt/Ice Nova mechanic for a while, and I think I'll be finally building it now. As the graphics hoe that I am I couldn't resist instabuying the new mtx - again. My mind already goes through possible mtx setups. Gloom Armor & Wings (hah I wish they were finally available for direct purchase) would go super nicely with the Black Hole Frostbolt.

But you know what doesn't?
Ice Nova doesn't!

A Black hole generally doesn't emit anything, especially not ice. Matter that gets close to the thing gets hyperheated. The only thing that "eascapes" from just before the event horizon are split particles, where one falls in and the other gets repulsed out into the nothingsness, in form of gamma ray energy. So if a Black hole Frostbolt would have any type of nova, it would either be a gamma ray burst nova or an accretion disk nova. Here's what a GRB looks like*:

*should probably look like. We never saw one directly, which is kind of a good thing...

And here's what an accretion disk would most probably and scientifically most accurately look like (I heard Interstellar did some proper research):

I tested all the effects there are available for ice nova so far with it.
Normal Nova and Water Nova do neither look that much different nor fit with BHFB at all:

The Arctic Ice Nova effect comes closest to either a Gamma Ray Burst or even moreso an accretion disk, regarding color scheme and particle effects:

TL;DR: Mimimimi pleez mak yet another Ice Nova MTX!!1!

This is the issue I have with some of the mtx skill effect designs...they don't make sense sometimes. Plus they just copy and pasted the effects from the shaper, feels lazy. But you know, seems like these effects have had a good response, but how many people arnt impressed and arnt voicing their thoughts?
Why is GGG selling the amazing Black Hole Vortex NOW? I would have bought the effect if they had been sold it much earlier, but at the moment, I am not so sure if I still want the effect or not.

It is true the retention rate for this league is much higher than previous leagues, the effect does not seem something "fresh" anymore for me since many ppl, including me, already have seen those effects on the Boss fights from many videos.

Maybe GGG should have sold them when they teased those effect for the first time, or, at the same time with the start of the essence league. I guess the sales would have been multiple if it had been put on sale in a proper timing.

I think I'm going to have to get a supporter pack now. I need that Frost Bolt MTX...reminds me of Arcane Orb from Diablo 3, years ago when I didn't know what PoE was :D

Nice job, GGG. You're the best.
Thx GGG

Since ive been playing a Vortex Build this League i couldnt be more happier that i can get finally my hands on a Vortex MTX.

Enjoying it so far - though due to RL im not able to play alot in Essence atm - but i dont think it will be a build which is able to kill Shaper/Guardians. Still enjoying the Skill and once October hits i might gonna jump on that Meta-Wagon for getting the kills i need for the Challenges.

Very good Work - appreciate it.
"
Skronos wrote:
seems like these effects have had a good response, but how many people arnt impressed and arnt voicing their thoughts?

Good thing you and I stood up to spread awareness. #FirstWorldProblems
We cannot be asked to endure this graphical offense anymore, GGG stop oppressing!

(okay my bullsh1ttery quota for today is used up now)
That is not an avatar, that's how I really looked when I wrote this post!
I have another idea for vortex mtx

A white circle with runes. Something along the way of demonic flamblast, divine RF or arcane contagion.
Insane

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info