Offline Client Mod: Exalts/Eternals drop as often as chaos, mirrors drop as often as exalts

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
The reason offline mode will never happen is because they would need to put all the coding for the server-side stuff in the client (Damage calculation, drop rates/tables, monster stats etc...). Then people would hack it, and you would get private servers.

Not that it is relevant to this topic, but this is incorrect. Damage calculation, monster stats, drop rates, that stuff is all already datamined, available in network traffic, easily reverse engineered or literally provided by the devs in algebraic formulae that an offline client simply does not enable private servers in any meaningful way. Not to put too fine a point on it, but this is a common claim about offline modes in server oriented games and it's just flat out wrong.

IMO the two biggest reasons it hasn't happened already is because the rate at which GGG pumps out new content creates endless new work for someone undertaking such a project, and two, because of the limited popularity of the game. If this game was WoW-at-it's-peak level of popularity, an unofficial client made for private servers would 100% already exist.

But like I already said, the feasibility of an offline client isn't even what this thread is about.

"
Phrazz wrote:
What are you going to do with a mirror in an offline mode?

If you think about the drop rates of chaos now, it would still take a very, very long time to collect the exalts and eternals necessary to craft a mirror worthy item for one slot, let alone the dozens more you would need for every slot on every build. Mirrors would be useful so you don't have to craft the same items over again, and also useful if you get a very rare 5-6 off colour chrome. Increasing the drop rate of mirrors just fits in well with the other ideas for creating an effective solo crafted Path of Exile experience.
I just want single player solo mode, with adjusted drop rates. For me, trading is the worst part of this game. The fun of games like this, is finding drops, not buying best in slot and then endlessly grinding for....what?

D3 was a much worse game when it had an AH for the same reason, when drop rates are based on a trade economy, the entire psychological premise behind getting gear drops is destroyed. That's one of the major hooks to games like these.

All I'm asking for is a mode, like to play auction house tycoon?...you still can, just give me self found. I'd be happy buy self found mode for 50 bucks.
"
Ultrazen wrote:
I just want single player solo mode, with adjusted drop rates. For me, trading is the worst part of this game. The fun of games like this, is finding drops, not buying best in slot and then endlessly grinding for....what?

D3 was a much worse game when it had an AH for the same reason, when drop rates are based on a trade economy, the entire psychological premise behind getting gear drops is destroyed. That's one of the major hooks to games like these.

All I'm asking for is a mode, like to play auction house tycoon?...you still can, just give me self found. I'd be happy buy self found mode for 50 bucks.

To even try changing their ideology and game,you should start by giving them 200k dollars upfront.Charan gave 12k for our lovely drop bear,what you ask is not simple and not beneficial for the game as a whole,at all.

D3 simplicity in this matter(because you brought d3 comparisons)to get uninteresting rares,class specific gear(I know it can drop other class legs with lower rate)meaningless gold sinks for the sake of spending them in rifts just because.It led d3 to pigeonholing to a system of "legs and ancient gear or gtfo" uninteresting loot pinata on the greater rift boss.

Dont promote things also you don't know its impact.Going into local,means the end of support from GGG and any cool idea they might possibly have in the future.Nobody wants that.

As I said,start by giving then 200k,but not for that feature,but for paid leagues production,in which you might possible adjust some things to your liking,but in the control online environment.

Carve this into your brain.Local Poe,Is a dead poe.Only chance is the suggestion above
Bye bye desync!
Last edited by elwindakos on Sep 23, 2016, 2:36:17 AM
"
Char1983 wrote:
The point of an offline mode is not to cheat. I mean, yes, sure, lots of teenies will do that, but for me, the point of an offline mode would be to be able to modify the game in a way that makes it more engaging and fun. I could do that, I did it with Diablo2 (the game was not easier afterwards, even though gearing was easier). Besides, you would get less latency, obviously.

A (voided) crafting league would be awesome.

I recall back when I still played D2 (which was actually only a few years ago) I was using PlugY. It gave me effectively infinite shared stash space (which, ironically, PoE would later pick up), allowed the creation of more cow portals after killing the Cow King, and allowed me to set my default player number to 8 for more EXP/Drops/difficulty (this is a vanilla function, PlugY just circumvents the need to type /players 8 every time you start the game.)

I guess you could argue the stash space was making the game easier, in a way. But it's not like the game was spewing Zods on me. I hate the misconception that modders want the game easier. More convenient, certainly, and definitely enhanced and tailored to one's liking, but there's a distinct difference between modding and cheating.
This is a buff™
Last edited by AkuTenshiiZero on Sep 23, 2016, 2:34:46 PM
Whats the point of a mirror in an offline mode? If you have an item that's mirror worthy you have no use for a copy of it.

If the game was offline and single player what would the point of mirrors be?

edit - fak beaten to it .
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Sep 23, 2016, 5:44:45 PM
Why are you guys asking a question that has already been answered? It's the first post on the same pages as yours. Nobody expects you to read through seventeen pages but if you are going to post at all, do better than this.
So what is the point of mirrors in a solo game?
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
Mr_Bill wrote:

I don't know. I didn't think of that.
"
Mr_Bill wrote:

mirror a ring so you don't have to craft 2,you could mirror maps too.
Last edited by marcos459 on Sep 23, 2016, 8:38:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info