[2.6] THE NEW FAKENER | DISCHARGE | SUPER FAST STRANDS | Cospris Malice | 9k+ ES | STILL GREAT AOE

"
Rippin_Heads wrote:
"
Rexeos wrote:

Hey,

Just curious; i see you have an "added lighting damage" Vinktar... Doesn't that reduce your damage of EE. Isn't penetrate better?

When there are 7 power charges on tooltip I see 19.9k lightning dps. If I use Vinktar it shows 20.5k dps. So lightning penetration seems better as 10% from 19.9k is 1900 damage. It seems like lightning penetration is better with at least 2 power charges (if lightning damage hit at its max damage), 4 power charges seems like a breakpoint where lightning penetration vinktar works better under any conditions than add spell damage vinktar flask.

Last edited by Rexeos on Feb 21, 2017, 10:03:45 AM
"
Rippin_Heads wrote:

Hey,

Just curious; i see you have an "added lighting damage" Vinktar... Doesn't that reduce your damage of EE. Isn't penetrate better?

There are four types of Vinktar Flasks. His Vinktar adds lightning damage to spells. When the damage is added to your spell (discharge), it does not affect EE damage. Only when the lightning damage would be added to attacks, then it affects EE.

Hope that helps :)
"
Surari wrote:
"
Rippin_Heads wrote:

Hey,

There are four types of Vinktar Flasks. His Vinktar adds lightning damage to spells. When the damage is added to your spell (discharge), it does not affect EE damage. Only when the lightning damage would be added to attacks, then it affects EE.

it does affect the dmg because when he consumes the endurance charges to blast with discharge thats fire dmg, so the flask adds lightning dmg to that and thus cold dmg is the only thing that is getting the buff. Lightning pen vinktars is way better.
"
herreppe wrote:
"
Surari wrote:
"
Rippin_Heads wrote:

Hey,

it does affect the dmg because when he consumes the endurance charges to blast with discharge thats fire dmg, so the flask adds lightning dmg to that and thus cold dmg is the only thing that is getting the buff. Lightning pen vinktars is way better.

Cyclone/Shield Charge hits with cold damage reducing lightning/fire resists > critical hit triggers Discharges endurance/power charges (both at same time) and make cold resistance lower > Cyclone/Shield Charge hits again with cold damage..

So in the end it doesnt matter if there is add spell damage or lightning penetration vinktar, but lightning penetration makes higher damage as I wrote above.

ps: I am using add spell damage vinktars as I posses them and was using them only to leech, not for bonus to damage.

ps2: vvamic responds while I was editing.
Last edited by Rexeos on Feb 22, 2017, 12:49:43 AM
"
Rexeos wrote:
So add to spells flask should be avoided.

The only flask to avoid is add damage to attacks. EE procs every time with cyclone/shield charge coz of Malice's cold damage.

Penetrate flasks are definitely the best but all others except add to attacks variants can be used and doesn't affect EE.
Last edited by vvamic on Feb 22, 2017, 12:43:25 AM
Exiles,

Thanks for the quick response! Can you please critique my gear and let me know of any upgrades.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAA18DdEOSA-rEJIRLxFQEZYV1xa_F7AYXRslG8gc3CBuIvQjNiSLKPoqCyo4Kwosvy3SMjIy0TQKNbk8BTzvPV9FR0V8RnFJUUmxSotLrkyzUDBSU1MQVmNXyV3yX2pgQ2NDZlRo8mwLbRltbG49cFJwu35Zf8aCm4MJhMWFe4V9hq6J04wLjDaMdo8aj_qTJ5eVl5eX9JitmjubtZ_foS-nK63xtAy0OLVIuJO5fLmTvG--gL6KwGbBxcMJwzrK08_d0B_Q0NfP2VvZhtte44TlGekC6rrrY-vu6_XsGOw47LDvfO-I7-vw1fGK8h35N_v1

Updates: Flask quality; Quality on my critical strike support; Enchant on Death's Doors.

PROBLEM: Some boss fights i just can't seem to leech my life back... I want instant leech ALL the time ^.^, how can i do that without Leg. Vinkt.?

Question: Why such a low lvl Cyclone in 6l set-up? does it matter that i run a 20/20?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Adam.
Last edited by Rippin_Heads on Feb 22, 2017, 12:52:28 AM
"
Rippin_Heads wrote:
Exiles,

PROBLEM: Some boss fights i just can't seem to leech my life back... I want instant leech ALL the time ^.^, how can i do that without Leg. Vinkt.?

Question: Why such a low lvl Cyclone in 6l set-up? does it matter that i run a 20/20?

Thanks,
Adam.

Cyclone's base damage multiplier doesn't affect us so it doesn't mattter which level you use. Most don't level it coz it's pointless for us and also to keep its stat requirements at minimum.

Since your only method to leech is warlords mark so it will be less on boss's coz of the lower effect of curses on boss's.
For constant leech you can move it to blasphemy. Alternatively for higher leech on boss's you can acquire a fire/lightning life leech on your gear preferably on your amulet or belt via Voll's devotion or a +1 doryani's belt.
"
Rippin_Heads wrote:

Suggestion: put Life Leech into weapon.
Last edited by Rexeos on Feb 22, 2017, 1:24:43 AM
"
Rippin_Heads wrote:
Exiles,

Thanks for the quick response! Can you please critique my gear and let me know of any upgrades.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAA18DdEOSA-rEJIRLxFQEZYV1xa_F7AYXRslG8gc3CBuIvQjNiSLKPoqCyo4Kwosvy3SMjIy0TQKNbk8BTzvPV9FR0V8RnFJUUmxSotLrkyzUDBSU1MQVmNXyV3yX2pgQ2NDZlRo8mwLbRltbG49cFJwu35Zf8aCm4MJhMWFe4V9hq6J04wLjDaMdo8aj_qTJ5eVl5eX9JitmjubtZ_foS-nK63xtAy0OLVIuJO5fLmTvG--gL6KwGbBxcMJwzrK08_d0B_Q0NfP2VvZhtte44TlGekC6rrrY-vu6_XsGOw47LDvfO-I7-vw1fGK8h35N_v1

Updates: Flask quality; Quality on my critical strike support; Enchant on Death's Doors.

Thanks,
Adam.

Get life leech enchant on BOOTS !
v1tAm1n^
thought about playing it a bit more "tanky". used my infernal mantle, yes yes i know but more es and i used a powercharge gem. and i am planing on switching it when i reach level 90ish. so this is my general idea of the tree, is it good or should i dump it?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAAAFvDXwN0REvEVAV1xhdGyUbyBzcHU8gbiL0KPopTyoLKjgrCiymLL8y0TQKNbk2xTdmN4M8BTzvPV9FR0V8RnFJUUmxS65Ms1AwUEJSU1M1VmNXyVxrXfJfal-wY0NmVGjya7dsC20Zb55wUn_GgpuDCYRIhMWFe4V9hq6J04t6jDaMdo8aj_qTJ5eVl5eX9JitmjubtZ48n9-hL6brpwinK63xtAy0OLiTuZO-isBmwcXDCcM6w23KSsrTz93Q0NfP2CTZW9-K4vfjhOUZ6QLquutj6-7r9ewY7DjvfO-I8NXyHfk3-_U=
Last edited by topperharly on Feb 22, 2017, 6:21:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info