[2.6] THE NEW FAKENER | DISCHARGE | SUPER FAST STRANDS | Cospris Malice | 9k+ ES | STILL GREAT AOE

"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Chonuza wrote:
Hey, I've got a question, why EE?

Because it is a MASSIVE damage increase. Every time you trigger discharge, you are hitting first with an attack that deals cold damage, this gives mobs cold res, but lowers their fire and lightning res. Since your Discharge is (99%) fire and lightning damage, it makes a huge difference in the amount of damage they take.

Ummm, are you sure? I'm lvl 61 and I tried using it and it brings my DPS down A LOT, maybe it's useful when I get the second discharge? (can't use Malice yet, so maybe that's why)

Can't really figure it out :(
Last edited by Chonuza on Feb 8, 2017, 4:07:26 PM
"
Chonuza wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Chonuza wrote:
Hey, I've got a question, why EE?

Because it is a MASSIVE damage increase. Every time you trigger discharge, you are hitting first with an attack that deals cold damage, this gives mobs cold res, but lowers their fire and lightning res. Since your Discharge is (99%) fire and lightning damage, it makes a huge difference in the amount of damage they take.

Ummm, are you sure? I'm lvl 61 and I tried using it and it brings my DPS down A LOT, maybe it's useful when I get the second discharge? (can't use Malice yet, so maybe that's why)

I am positive... EE has been a part of CoC Discharge builds forever. You are too low level to use Cospri. I think you are misunderstanding something about how EE works. Do you have flat cold damage somewhere (on a ring/amulet, or on your weapon?). You need flat cold damage to attacks somewhere. You cannot have ANY added fire or lightning damage to attacks. EE makes it so that when you hit with a damage type, the enemy gets +res to that type, but -res to the other two elements. If the only ele damage you do with attacks is cold, then every hit (cyclone hit or Shield charge hit) hits with cold damage, giving them +cold res, but -fire and lightning. The Discharge goes off AFTER the attack ALWAYS, so your discharge only ever hits AFTER they are EE'd with cold damage, so they have +cold res, -fire/light res.

So you need to make sure that
1. you have flat added cold damage to attacks somewhere
2. you have NO fire or lightning damage to attacks anywhere. Look at the tooltip for your cyclone and sc and it will tell you what damage it does. It should only show phys/cold.

*EDIT I just looked at your profile. Your dagger has flat cold, lightning, and Fire. You need to get rid of that ASAP, as it is fucking your damage up 100%. With EE you are giving mobs HIGHER resistance to your discharge xD. Also, you need a Vagan dagger if you want to do coc discharge before you can use Cospri. You want a dagger like:

But with added flat cold if you dont have it on rings or elsewhere. (and ignore the +2 fire gems)

Also, why in the world are you running frostbite? Your discharge damage (which is all your damage) is fire and lightning (power charges and endurance charges). Also, why not use Voll's Devotion? You can equip it at 32, and the endurance charge generation is both a big damage boost AND a boost to survivability.
U MAD?
Last edited by Docbp87 on Feb 8, 2017, 4:37:34 PM
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Chonuza wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:

I am positive... EE has been a part of CoC Discharge builds forever. You are too low level to use Cospri. I think you are misunderstanding something about how EE works. Do you have flat cold damage somewhere (on a ring/amulet, or on your weapon?). You need flat cold damage to attacks somewhere. You cannot have ANY added fire or lightning damage to attacks. EE makes it so that when you hit with a damage type, the enemy gets +res to that type, but -res to the other two elements. If the only ele damage you do with attacks is cold, then every hit (cyclone hit or Shield charge hit) hits with cold damage, giving them +cold res, but -fire and lightning. The Discharge goes off AFTER the attack ALWAYS, so your discharge only ever hits AFTER they are EE'd with cold damage, so they have +cold res, -fire/light res.

So you need to make sure that
1. you have flat added cold damage to attacks somewhere
2. you have NO fire or lightning damage to attacks anywhere. Look at the tooltip for your cyclone and sc and it will tell you what damage it does. It should only show phys/cold.

*EDIT I just looked at your profile. Your dagger has flat cold, lightning, and Fire. You need to get rid of that ASAP, as it is fucking your damage up 100%. With EE you are giving mobs HIGHER resistance to your discharge xD. Also, you need a Vagan dagger if you want to do coc discharge before you can use Cospri. You want a dagger like:

But with added flat cold if you dont have it on rings or elsewhere. (and ignore the +2 fire gems)

Also, why in the world are you running frostbite? Your discharge damage (which is all your damage) is fire and lightning (power charges and endurance charges). Also, why not use Voll's Devotion? You can equip it at 32, and the endurance charge generation is both a big damage boost AND a boost to survivability.

Wow, thank you so much for this response!!!

1) Not really using frostbite, I was intending to use it but guess not lol. My build isn't really built right know, if you look closely, you can see that I've got my enlighten support linked with additional accuracy xD I just level them in case I think of something in the future.
2) Can't afford Voll's Devotion yet :P
3) So, buy a flat cold dagger and go EE? Even without Malice? Just asking to get to 68 faster and easier.
The most important thing actually in a dagger is going to be to get a Vagan dagger (ie. one that has "Hits cannot be evaded" on it. Alternatively you can use the Lycosidae shield, which gives that also. It will greatly increase your proc rate, as it makes your accuracy 100% (which is important both for hitting AND critting). You can either get flat cold on your weapon, or on a ring. It can be crafted with elreon's crafting bench on rings.

Also, sent you a PM.
U MAD?
Last edited by Docbp87 on Feb 8, 2017, 5:01:53 PM
Okay, world of difference with Malice, now EE is working great!

Quick question, I have 2 ex atm, which is more important and should buy/save up for? Voll's Devotion (3 ex) or Death's Door (4 ex)?
"
Chonuza wrote:
Okay, world of difference with Malice, now EE is working great!

Quick question, I have 2 ex atm, which is more important and should buy/save up for? Voll's Devotion (3 ex) or Death's Door (4 ex)?

Without question Voll's devotion

3 Things must for this build

1. Voll's Devotion
2. Voll's Protector
3. Cospiri's Malice

Everything else can be replaced other than the above 3.

"
Kajean wrote:
"
maxineji wrote:
How crucial is the helm enchant? Is it just a QoL or YUUUGGEEEEE damage boost?

Personally I thought it was a waste of money for me to buy it. This is because I only ever play T11-T13 maps on this Discharge character. It does not really help you at all for speed map clearing. It only really helps single target and T11-T13 bosses have such low health that it does not matter.

If you want to try to kill Guardians and Shaper though with this build, you will probably need to get it. Your single target is just too terrible otherwise. However, I do not recommend using this build as a boss killer. You can easily make another character for far cheaper to do that.

Although I do agree with you that this build shouldn't be considered as a Guardian/Shaper farmer but the single target DPS isn't that terrible.

There are people who have done shaper/guardian runs in 5-6 mins, certainly nothing like meta skills like bf/bv or vaal gems but still quite decent.

Talking about the enchant, You will only feel the difference when:

1. You are using 2 discharge gem setup AND
2. You are facing a very tank boss like Shaper/guardian's or some T12+ boss's in a party of 5-6 people.

For solo play even upto Guardian's you can manage easily without either the dual gem setup or the enchant.
Last edited by vvamic on Feb 9, 2017, 9:04:04 AM
Not sure if this has been asked before, can you run Skyforth's with this build? Would it help with power charges, stun, etc?
"
Quickfade wrote:
Not sure if this has been asked before, can you run Skyforth's with this build? Would it help with power charges, stun, etc?

Death's Door seems better...All resists, Bleed immunity, higher ES, +1 end charge, and + strength...everything you need.
Last edited by alg0801 on Feb 10, 2017, 2:28:22 PM
Back to playing this build once again :D

Got a question though , are diamond rings really necessary or can I use other elreon rings? I am having trouble finding -7/8 mana cost elreon diamond rings with good 2nd mod :/
"
alg0801 wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:
The most important thing actually in a dagger is going to be to get a Vagan dagger (ie. one that has "Hits cannot be evaded" on it. Alternatively you can use the Lycosidae shield, which gives that also. It will greatly increase your proc rate, as it makes your accuracy 100% (which is important both for hitting AND critting). You can either get flat cold on your weapon, or on a ring. It can be crafted with elreon's crafting bench on rings.

Also, sent you a PM.

Death's Door seems better...All resists, Bleed immunity, higher ES, +1 end charge, and + strength...everything you need.

Did you maybe quote the wrong person?
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info