What do you prefer in D3 over PoE, and visa versa?

Also, for someone who hasn't played PoE since prophecy. Is it still fun to play?
Last bumped on Sep 29, 2016, 11:31:31 AM
Haven't played D3 in years... but the way their quest system had different versions of the quests and how you got random quests in areas was good. Itemization killed it. Just look for a bigger number. Whee.
D3 does a great job of presentation, but the gameplay and character building is pretty shallow. No one is better than Blizzard at making what is going on onscreen apparent though. The color palettes, the icons, all the art assets really. Blizzard is also really good at making things feel weighty and connected.

I went back and played D3 again recently, and was shocked at how small my character was in relation to the rest of the screen. The entire scale of the screen presentation in D3 lets you see what's going on in a much better fashion. I've always felt like I wanted to zoom out a bit more in POE.

Both great games, D3 certainly requires much less investment/thought. You can just start playing D3, without really knowing anything, and do just fine by winging it. That's both good and bad. I've actually backed into some really fun builds in D3 just because of a drop along the way while I was leveling.

For me, POE is Diablo 2.5, I love it.
PoE has a much better skill system.

Now if only GGG actually allowed those skills to shine properly, that would be great.
Diablo 3 has a better name.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Sep 21, 2016, 9:09:13 PM
I love the flavor of a Witch Doctor. Treasure goblins are cooler than Tormented Spirits. I liked the mercenaries. There were lots of achievements.

I prefer Maps to rifts. I like the character building and theory crafting in PoE. Itemization is lightyears ahead here. Leagues are way cooler than Seasons.

I like how in D3 my cycloner didnt get stuck on every little pebble.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
Apos91 wrote:
PoE has a much better skill system.

Now if only GGG actually allowed those skills to shine properly, that would be great.

QFT
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
Diablo was a much better job at presenting the game, story and mechanics to it's players to get them engage in the game.

Although shallow, it does a hell of a better job of getting more people to explore the game in greater depth.
D3 pros:

- Mechanics
- Engine

PoE pros:

- Everything else

Diablo 3 failed HARD the moment they decided: "Yes, let's make an ARPG without builds".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info