By far the worse community.

Last edited by CaoMengde on Sep 21, 2016, 10:03:25 PM
Glad your issue got solved, OP!

"
Sheriff_K wrote:
"
Time2Kill wrote:
And somebody replied "Use Vaal Orb and Corrupt it". And so i did.

If someone told you to jump off of a bridge, would you do it?

Is there a +1 gems tabula at the bottom?
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
To the op you seem to be under the impression that global is there to help you and answer your questions,it is not.
Sometimes you get lucky and ppl will answer your questions truthfully and you should be gratefull to them cause they have 0 obligation to do so.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
jackof8lades wrote:
To the op you seem to be under the impression that global is there to help you and answer your questions,it is not.
Sometimes you get lucky and ppl will answer your questions truthfully and you should be gratefull to them cause they have 0 obligation to do so.

You seem to be under the impression that new players innately know how to type in /global 101 for all their questions.

Global's right there, by default. They're going to be asking their questions THERE, and the answers were gonna get is "I got a ton of great gear by farming HARAMBE LOLOLOOLOOL"
Last edited by ArmoredChocobo on Sep 22, 2016, 2:05:33 AM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
you haven't played League of Legends?
Ive played league, league community vs current Path Community id say Path is far worse right now. League gets alot of shit, rightfully soo, but we are a significantly smaller community and one look at our forums is enough to drive people away, both on reddit, youtube comments and the official forums.

Of course you can ignore them all, but thats kind of hard to do when its a community driven game, especially if you want the game to go in a better direction than where its currently going.

I'm probably gonna get lynched for that, but League community got a lot better over the years :V Automated Tribunal, quick bans and so on, filtered a lot of sludge that League had. Getting some toxic dude, that will shit all over the chat whole game long is rarity now, because these people usually spend their time being banned or muted.

As for PoE's community being bad. Well, let me give you an example, you probably haven't ran into yet.

PoE's end game are maps. Maps are items, which are used to open portals to high level areas. Some high level maps are very valuable (some of them are far more expensive than Tabula you have linked).
Now, due to PoE's archaic trade system, in order to trade you need someone to enter the same areas as you. Due to most people spending their time in the end-game, they are most likely doing maps, which are in one's hideout. So, most trades take place in sellers hideout.
If you are in party with the seller (and for the most part, seller usually invites you to party, so you can enter his hideout), you can ENTER HIS MAP. I had high level maps open many, many, many, many (over 3k hours) many, many times. Not ONCE I've got anyone ever enter my map, without my permission. They had all the power to do so, effectively stealing my map, which is, again, worth a lot.

Why don't people do this? Because this community is far better than Global 1. :=) Trust me, most people will try to help you.

Honestly, GGG should take care of Global 1 and all of the idiots/trolls sitting there. Global 1 should be a representative of how community is really like, and not meme-spewing lair of 14yo pranksters.

On a kind-of-related note, a someone who is making video guides for new players (not in English, tho - sorry!), I accept your apology. :=P

Best of luck.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Sep 22, 2016, 2:37:37 AM
"
"
jackof8lades wrote:

You seem to be under the impression that new players innately know how to type in /global 101 for all their questions.

Global's right there, by default. They're going to be asking their questions THERE, and the answers were gonna get is "I got a ton of great gear by farming HARAMBE LOLOLOOLOOL"

I dont care if ppl know this or not i play this game for me not others, i nor anyone else has to answer questions of others.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Last edited by jackof8lades on Sep 22, 2016, 3:57:15 AM
OP is a drama queen and an attention whore.
Just leave and don't make a spectacle out of it.
"If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by."-Sun Tzu
"
seccirsin wrote:
OP is a drama queen and an attention whore.
Just leave and don't make a spectacle out of it.

OP already apologized for what he said. You saying this is very unfair, and arguably a lot more drama-queen than OP. Instead of simply explaining what stuff looks like, you instantly go to name-calling and belittling... Sadly, this is EXACTLY the toxic behavior OP was talking about, and most of us hate.

So yeah, good job at being the negative one. :/
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
OP will get scammed twice a day.
This answer was not even a troll answer, it was legit.

Far worse are those "learn to read" or "google it" answers, that wont help at all and Ive encouterd alot until now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info