By far the worse community.

"
diablofdb wrote:
you haven't played League of Legends?

^This x 1000
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:50:42 PM
Asking for in-depth help in global chat in any game at best skin-deep useful.

There are guides, youtube videos, reddit/in-game forums, and specific channel in games.
"
Don't ask serious questions in global 1-5.

The best place to actually get real answers is /global 101 en.

Sometimes there isn't a lot of players there, but that was a small community initiative to try and answer questions for new players.

Have people been in /global 101? I had advertised before the league started that we were trying a switch to /trade 101 so you could be in the global of your choice but still get help in 101. Mayhaps I'll drop in when I'm on later today.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Noone cares, noone will notice, bye.
Besides one psycho and two cretins I met few hundreds of great players from which few became friends and we are talking about everything. For me people in PoE thumbs up.
"
Time2Kill wrote:
yes. The community this game sucks. yes. yes it does.

GGG player community is much better than Blizzard D3 community in the summer of 2012. The flame wars against "the other Wilson" over original D3 that was so unbalanced and with bots ruining the economy makes the tone here look tame by comparison.

How quickly people forget. GGG is going down the same path as D3 "the other Wilson" and devs took that arpg down and only his removal as lead developer and a reboot of D3, Reaper of Souls, without an auction house at all was the only way to try and save the D3 franchise. GGG has no botting disaster here and only the endgame or more precisely the lack of any new endgame content (only infinite mapping) is what is ruing PoE and greatly negatively affecting the community. GGG can fix this quite easily but the top elites have GGG's ear and are always steering the devs to double down on endgame content difficulty to the demise of the 99% rest of the playerbase.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Time2Kill wrote:
yes. The community this game sucks. yes. yes it does.

Funnily enough, I've also seen threads where people said it was the best community based on help they'd received while in a global channel.

That's just one of the things about global channels, the quality can swing wildly.

Anyway, I'm sorry you got some bad advice.

"
Time2Kill wrote:
First. Sorry for the rage at ya's and being insulting. Let me explain what happened and in hindsight it was probably nothing. I found a Tabula Rasa Simple robe. And i asked in chat what should i do with it. And somebody replied "Use Vaal Orb and Corrupt it". And so i did. And now it is just a Corrupted Tabula Rasa. No other stats. So is it fucked? and what do you do with it?

Wait, that was it?

You corrupted a Tabula Rasa, got a null result and-

Okay, clearly you understand that 'corrupted' can be a bad thing just because of the word itself but you willingly used the Vaal Orb not knowing what it might do apart from 'corrupting' the armour?

Did you not ask what corrupting the armour can do?
Or did you just not get a helpful answer?

Anyway, just in case nobody had mentioned it already; the Tabula Rasa armour you linked still works just fine. The 'corruption' tag just means that it can no longer be modified by other currency orbs which is perfectly fine since apart from corrupting it with a Vaal Orb there's really nothing else that can be, or needs to be done to it.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Sep 21, 2016, 6:58:57 PM
well, now you know.. never use Vaal orbs on anything that you cannot affort to loose, simple as that.

d:-D*
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
well, now you know.. never use Vaal orbs on anything that you cannot affort to loose, simple as that.

you spelled lose wrong.
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info