Buying Beta Key From Grinding Gear Games

This is a free-to-play game but would they be willing to sell a beta key to users for $49.99 or whatever a game like this retails for. If not, they really are just throwing away money.

PM me if this is possible as I'm sick of waiting for D3/TL2.
SELL/BUY/TRADE BETA KEY IS NOT ALLOWED HERE!
Blood and Glory!
"
Resouler wrote:

Resouler, you are correct, but I'm not sure you actually read the previous post. OP is suggesting that PoE's developer could offer beta keys for sale, and there'd be a market for them.

He's not offering one for sale, nor soliciting someone to sell one to him (other than GGG obviously!)
It's been requested numerous times, but GGG refuses to sell an incomplete product that's intended to be free.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
TBH, even though I am in the beta... I think its a good idea. It will help fund the game developement.
TY Phranx for the Beta!
"
repeatloader wrote:
TBH, even though I am in the beta... I think its a good idea. It will help fund the game developement.

Many people would pay, probably not the $49.99 fee but they would willingly throw in a few shackles.
"
Resouler wrote:

AND CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(seeing your name pop up)
TY Phranx for the Beta!
Last edited by repeatloader on Jan 24, 2012, 9:41:25 PM
Well its honorable that they don't want to sell an incomplete product or something that is intended to be free but I really think the extra cash could help them with game development and other stuff.

If its phrased donate $30 + and gain access to the beta and no refunds allowed I don't see why its a problem.
"
Well its honorable that they don't want to sell an incomplete product or something that is intended to be free but I really think the extra cash could help them with game development and other stuff.

If its phrased donate $30 + and gain access to the beta and no refunds allowed I don't see why its a problem.
They're not running out of money or anything; they're funded by investors. Making a few thousand dollars from beta sales won't make much of a difference. You could just wait until the cash shop opens up and buy something to cover the amount if you feel like monetarily supporting them.

Also, you don't "donate" to get something in return, even if that's what they call it. It's a purchase, and GGG says they want to run this ethically. That includes not using shady phrasing like that.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
The donate-as-development-continues business model has proven to be fairly acceptable by Minecraft (though they did scale down the cost based on what stage of development the game was in).

Grim Dawn (being made by some of the Titan Quest guys) is following a model like this as well. Donations will get users access to early alpha/beta builds, along with their name in the credits if you donate enough. They're waaay behind where Path of Exile is in development right now and I felt comfortable giving them money in exchange for helping proper action RPGs live on. The same applies to Path of Exile, of course.

I love that the developers are so dedicated to making everything free as possible but if they had 40 users buy early access for 50$ (or 100 users buy for 20, etc. etc.), that would be enough to get a fairly beastly server or two which could enable more users to join the beta without paying. Everybody wins.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info