What is the saddest moment you have ever seen in a animated show or cartoon made for kids?

for me it was during the episode "tales of Ba Sing Se" from Avatar: The last airbender, when it come to the very sad ending of the tale of Iroh, the moment he start singing for his dead son.

Last bumped on Oct 3, 2016, 4:36:02 PM
Bambi's mom has to take the cake. That scene fucked a whole generation.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Pikachu Crying...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
Antnee wrote:
Bambi's mom has to take the cake. That scene fucked a whole generation.

Add to that the Mufasa scene from The Lion King.

Disney can be so cruel to our emotions!
This part hurts me every time

The scene in Grave of the Fireflies when the starving little girl offers his older brother rocks to eat :'(

IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Sep 21, 2016, 4:37:28 PM
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
The scene in Grave of the Fireflies when the starving little girl offers his older brother rocks to eat :'(

I don't think that movie is made for Kids though, otherwise it's probably one of the saddest Animated features IMO

"
Drahnier123 wrote:
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:

I don't think that movie is made for Kids though, otherwise it's probably one of the saddest Animated features IMO

It was released as a double feature with My Neighbor Totoro. Both films were marketed to kids and their parents at the time. I'd say it counts.

It was a box-office failure, but Totoro merchandise apparently made up for that.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Drahnier123 wrote:
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:

It was released as a double feature with My Neighbor Totoro. Both films were marketed to kids and their parents at the time. I'd say it counts.

It was a box-office failure, but Totoro merchandise apparently made up for that.

yeah most anime in Japan are actually marketed toward kids, but the standards are very differents

I've never seen graves of fireflies is it good?
^ Grave of the Fireflies is consistently heart wrenching.

If you're familiar with Isao Takahata's way of story telling (or just Studio Ghibli in general) its worth the watch, even if you haven't seen any of the Studio's films. It follows two characters and how they survive in the final moments of WW2.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info