Is it the time to introduce Auction ?At least for standard league ?!

"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
No, asynchronous trade suggests you can complete a transaction asynchronously
What exactly do you think asynchronous means?

Asynchronous means not synchronous. Which means not "existing or occurring at the same time" . That's all it means. A trade where each part doesn't need to happen at the same time. You're making it out to be something it's not.

I normally don't argue semantics but:

If a buyer could buy the listed item without depending on the seller syncing up with him in terms of time then you can say the transaction was not dependent on time, or asynchronous.

You're idea would be some weird indirect requirement of syncing up still in the same time frame but not in the same game space and would just be an inconvenience to both parties.

The issue of having to have the other party 'online' to trade would still exist.

For example: Let's say using your idea two people wanted to trade and one was in game and one was offline. Buyer sends seller an intent to purchase... but then what happens? Nothing, a trade isn't completed. The buyer doesn't get the item and nor the seller their currency. This literally isn't asynchronous trade because a trade didn't happen in the first place. For a trade to have actually happened in this context the seller and buyer would have had to be online at the same time which is right where we are now. All you've done is messaged the seller.
That's where you're losing me. No, they wouldn't both need to be online at the same time. That's the whole point of not having to be in sync. What I think you are saying that I'm talking about is cross instance trading. That's still synchronous. You just don't have to be in the same instance to do it. And that's not at all what I'm talking about.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Sep 27, 2016, 12:46:53 AM
"
mark1030 wrote:
Really? My understanding of asynchronous trading has always been that it is the same trade window as it is now and you have to hit the "accept" button when you are online. The only difference is that you both don't need to be online at the same time. You put your items in and hit accept when you are online. You log off. Other party logs on, hovers over your item to see it's correct and puts his part in the window and clicks accept. He logs off. You log in and hover over his items. If it's what you expect you hit accept and the deal. Asynchronous trading. Which part do you expect is implied to be automated?

^

The first bold sentence is what I was referencing which is incorrect within the context of the next bolded bits.

Both parties would have to be on online at the same time in your example for a trade to occur, otherwise it's just one person messaging another and a trade doesn't happen which by definition is not asynchronous trade.

In your example you're only messaging somebody with the possibility for a trade if both parties are online at that time which is exactly where we are right now.
"
LBJames wrote:
Don't you think it's ironic? The game is so heavily relied on trading and yet it does not even have a trading system. The core trading function of this game is actually a third party website created by the community. GGG has the balls to say that they won't implement auction house is because they want the community to spend their "free" time to do the job instead of using their own resources. Can you imagine what will happen if poe.trade went done suddenly and forever? If GGG does not implement a new trading system quickly, they will lose many players because most of the players don't like self-found or bumping/checking thread page by page in the forum.

w/o poe.trade game will be unplayable.
actually atm trading is more important then probably anything else. since its the fastest way to build up currency in new leagues. flipping. or selling shit jewelry for 5-10 c doesnt matter :P
How about zana map shop where you could set buy/sell on certain spots with labels, like in lineage2.
Yes, YES, please, PLEASE!!!!!
AH would be a biggest game improovement for a long time!!!
Current trading system is a piece of bull's sh*t!

For example, I'm at map and getting whisper to sell some sh*t - what I need to do? Drop map and rush to buyer? Lol, no - I'll better ignore him.
Do not even try to suggest /dnd! What if I talking with someone or waiting for important answer? Or maybe I would ignore 1-alt buyers but can use portal to sell something for 10 chaoses? So, /dnd is not an option.

Another example: I wanna buy something. Guess what? I can spent a hour in trying to find online and not_DND and not_ignoring and not_AFK seller! HOUR or more! Gameplay of the fkn dream, yeah!

AH - is the modern way to trade. Every modern game have it. Best I've seen is in the Guild Wars 2. You can do the same here.

There will be 2 parts:
1. Currency exchange (like current poe.trade).
2. Trade post. This can be separated for 2 tabs too: Sell offers (like curent poe.trade) and Buy offers (u need to actually have something to be able post Buy offer of this stuff and needed number of currency sure)

To sell something you need to have public tab in your stash, place item there and choose price (everything like it going now!).
Price can be exact - buyer must gave you demanded amount of choosed currency
Or no exact: buyer can gave you another currency, based on value exchange from the 1st part of AH

Buyer will able to search stuff, like it going now at the poe.trade. Also, it would be nice to be able make favorites in search form - for fast searching (i.e. "6-l armour plates with + max.life roll")

And everything would be automatic. No more "OMG, why no any seller answering???", or "God, I hate that greed morons, who able blast my chat for 1 alteration profit!" or lol-prices, like "0.6 Chaos orb"

Daaamn, Ah would save a ton of time and nerves for the EVERY player!

Sure there will be a trolls, who will argue with AH-idea, but who cares? They only want to troll and argue - for the every reason, only because they can.
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Last edited by SilverWF on Sep 27, 2016, 9:08:25 AM
"
SilverWF wrote:

For example, I'm at map and getting whisper to sell some sh*t - what I need to do? Drop map and rush to buyer? Lol, no - I'll better ignore him.
Do not even try to suggest /dnd! What if I talking with someone or waiting for important answer? Or maybe I would ignore 1-alt buyers but can use portal to sell something for 10 chaoses? So, /dnd is not an option.

Just ignore ppl that buy cheap stuff and use portal for ppl that buy expensive stuff. or at least reply. usual practic?
"
SilverWF wrote:
Another example: I wanna buy something. Guess what? I can spent a hour in trying to find online and not_DND and not_ignoring and not_AFK seller! HOUR or more! Gameplay of the fkn dream, yeah!

Just offer a bonus for immediate reply. dont be cheap. Hi, i wtb your piece of crap listed for... offer 5c bonus if you ll sell within next 2 minutes. If its something exclusive an hour of waiting is ok. If its currency offer a slightly better rate or go with high quantity - ppl will jump on it pretty ez.

I usually spent an hour trying to figure whats to buy :P
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
Really? My understanding of asynchronous trading has always been that it is the same trade window as it is now and you have to hit the "accept" button when you are online. The only difference is that you both don't need to be online at the same time. You put your items in and hit accept when you are online. You log off. Other party logs on, hovers over your item to see it's correct and puts his part in the window and clicks accept. He logs off. You log in and hover over his items. If it's what you expect you hit accept and the deal. Asynchronous trading. Which part do you expect is implied to be automated?

^

The first bold sentence is what I was referencing which is incorrect within the context of the next bolded bits.

Both parties would have to be on online at the same time in your example for a trade to occur, otherwise it's just one person messaging another and a trade doesn't happen which by definition is not asynchronous trade.

In your example you're only messaging somebody with the possibility for a trade if both parties are online at that time which is exactly where we are right now.
Why? Why wouldn't GGG insert a text window into the asynchronous trade window? They're not stupid. They know communication is necessary to make any trade. Why would they go through all the trouble to add asynchronous trading but make part of it synchronous? They wouldn't. That's be stupid. Here's how it would work: You find item on poe.trade. Just like now. You inititate trade with the offline person. Just like now. You enter your text into the text box in the trade window saying "I want to buy your item listed for my currency". You put your currency in the trade window and hit accept. Just like now. You log off and go to bed. They log in and see the trade offer. They want to accept the offer. They hover over your currency and put their item in and hit accept. They log off and go to bed. You wake up and log in. See a trade window that has the item in it. You hit accept. Just like now. The trade is done. Just like now except asynchronous. Both players don't have to be online at the same time.

You say that some automation will be required. That's EXACTLY what they says WOULD NEVER be part of any trade improvements.. It'll never happen. If they ever do iadd asynchronous trading, it would be similar to what I just described. It may involve stash tabs instead of a trade window. But they would always make it so both players had to manually accept their side of the trade.

Edit: this would also be the way to cross instance trade. You want to trade but they are in the lab instead of offline. You start the process like I described above. When they get done with the lab (or get to a room with access to their stash), they do their part. You hit accept to finish the process. Meeting in the same instance would no longer be required.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Sep 27, 2016, 1:21:20 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
Why? Why wouldn't GGG insert a text window into the asynchronous trade window? They're not stupid. They know communication is necessary to make any trade. Why would they go through all the trouble to add asynchronous trading but make part of it synchronous? They wouldn't. That's be stupid. Here's how it would work: You find item on poe.trade. Just like now. You inititate trade with the offline person. Just like now. You enter your text into the text box in the trade window saying "I want to buy your item listed for my currency". You put your currency in the trade window and hit accept. Just like now. You log off and go to bed. They log in and see the trade offer. They want to accept the offer. They hover over your currency and put their item in and hit accept. They log off and go to bed. You wake up and log in. See a trade window that has the item in it. You hit accept. Just like now. The trade is done. Just like now except asynchronous. Both players don't have to be online at the same time.

You say that some automation will be required. That's EXACTLY what they says WOULD NEVER be part of any trade improvements.. It'll never happen. If they ever do iadd asynchronous trading, it would be similar to what I just described. It may involve stash tabs instead of a trade window. But they would always make it so both players had to manually accept their side of the trade.

Edit: this would also be the way to cross instance trade. You want to trade but they are in the lab instead of offline. You start the process like I described above. When they get done with the lab (or get to a room with access to their stash), they do their part. You hit accept to finish the process. Meeting in the same instance would no longer be required.

I feel like I'm beginning to repeat myself but you're not describing a trade system you're describing a messaging system. If a buyer initiates a trade and the seller isn't online in your scenario a trade can't occur so the buyer will go down to the next person on the list. <--- see what happens there? A trade doesn't happen because the seller and buyer are still required to be online to hit accept etc to complete the transaction.

Asynchronous trade would look like: Seller lists item then goes off to bed - buyer looks up item on poe trade and is able to complete the trade transaction without needing simultaneous online action from the seller and to accomplish this there would have to be some kind of automation performed on the seller's behalf.

You would have to allow the seller to pre-accept conditions for a trade then some npc to automate the completion of the transaction so the buyer could make the trade without the seller's input after the buyer initiates the trade otherwise a trade can't be completed and the buyer goes down to the next person on the list until someone is online, just like now.

What you're describing is asynchronous but it isn't trade - it's exchanging messages with the possible eventual inclusion of items. Which I agree would be good to have in the game but that wouldn't allow trade to happen in real time, asynchronously.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info