Is it the time to introduce Auction ?At least for standard league ?!

Prices on drops would simply drop to the level of how much effort it took to list them.
You can't really expect a reply for one month old items from seller. This should be corrected by seller for an obvious reason. It's not a buyer who wants to sell the item.

Item indexsers could remove one month or older items from being listed by default and let buyers to choose to show whole items if they want. This is really important to sell or the market will be filled with "LOL fuck this market nobody answering for their own fucking shop. 100% trash game without automated auction house 2016 confirmed" customers.

Edit: and there will be a "How to be rich in PoE" vod on youtube that recommends to use an inventory tool to "refresh your shop automatically".
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
Last edited by finisterre on Sep 21, 2016, 2:34:12 PM
"
Ah, GGG...The only developers so directionless that they can base everything they do around the player-driven economy, but have that economy based on a trade system that was obsolete over a decade ago.

Well you are talking about a company of people that were just in love with D2's less finer points:

- Seasons. Prophecy League, Perandus league, essence league...they're all seasons!

- Messed up a character's stats? OOPS, better start over from scratch! What? You spent months building it up? Fuck that, reset anyway......OK OK! We'll let you reset if you can farm 90 of these exceedingly rare items. Happy?

- Exalted Orbs are basically the Stone of Jordan. Suddenly everyone decided one specific item should be "currency", thus invalidating the whole idea of a barter system by taking it from "I have this item that you want, and I want that, let's exchange them" and contorting it to "I have this item you want, give me 20 of the same completely different item so I can then turn around and buy what I want".

- Ham-fisted PVP that is either stomp or be stomped, depending on how 'rich' you are.

Downside is that D2 had better trading. PoE's is so bad it needs a 3rd party to make it not terrible.

And even then, It's pretty damn terrible.

Long story short: PoE has a trading system designed for bartering, PoE's economy in and of itself is better designed for an auction house.

Last edited by ArmoredChocobo on Sep 22, 2016, 1:48:49 AM
You know, people including GGG have this very narrow view of an auction house. Really, it can be limited in a hundred different ways to stop botting, to stop flippers etc. Just put weekly/daily/monthly whatever limits on the trades.

The trading system, or lack thereof has been a huge puzzle for me since POE started. At first I thought that GGG was being idiotic since I was so happy with the trading in WOW. Just put notrade/bind on equip or drop on the best stuff. Obviously D3 pay to win was horrible, I never thought that would be successful.

Anyway, frankly after playing this game for quite a while and thinking about trade I wish they would just buckle up and put in the limited trade I mentioned above or just make everything BOdrop and improve the crafting. Although POEtrade is better than the horribad trading that occurred in-game in the old trade channel, it is still sub-par. I have never sold anything in 3 years but I do buy things here and there. Also, after grouping a bit 3 years ago and having everything ganked via short-term allocation I have not grouped either. So, two core mechanics (IMHO) I don't use.

Now, put this in perspective please. I like the game and respect much of what GGG has done, but especially in the trading, crafting and grouping aspects I think POE falls well short of good.
An improvement in Poe Trade by GGG is welcome. A Pay to Win system NO! I prefer to buy stashes than spend my sweat monthly money in uniques and currency.
Sure. I'm willing to let Standard burn to ashes to stop people for asking for this feature in leagues I play in.
Difference between poe.trade now and an auction house, like back in D3C-days? With an auction-house you have to sell stuff for the currency you priced it, with poe.trade you can use prices just to troll people or influence the market.
Don't you think it's ironic? The game is so heavily relied on trading and yet it does not even have a trading system. The core trading function of this game is actually a third party website created by the community. GGG has the balls to say that they won't implement auction house is because they want the community to spend their "free" time to do the job instead of using their own resources. Can you imagine what will happen if poe.trade went done suddenly and forever? If GGG does not implement a new trading system quickly, they will lose many players because most of the players don't like self-found or bumping/checking thread page by page in the forum.
Last edited by LBJames on Sep 24, 2016, 11:58:25 AM
"

- Exalted Orbs are basically the Stone of Jordan. Suddenly everyone decided one specific item should be "currency", thus invalidating the whole idea of a barter system by taking it from "I have this item that you want, and I want that, let's exchange them" and contorting it to "I have this item you want, give me 20 of the same completely different item so I can then turn around and buy what I want".

True. Really disappointed how that barter economy turned out. The last 2 years I can count the amount of item-item trades on one hand. And I am very open for it.

Exalted orbs is actually a bad medium of exchange since they are just simply too rare and the market comes to a complete standstill. The choice to pick 'Exalted orbs' as the currency, was probably largely driven by rmt sites.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Sep 25, 2016, 5:24:15 AM
"
RegulusX wrote:
I can't wait for an auction house. The shitty trading system is one of the reasons why I barely ever spend money on PoE anymore. I just don't like the current trading system. Each purchase is usually just me whispering 20 people, one person responds, we party and trade, and then I go about my business. Almost no interaction. What's the point?

Sadly this is exactly how trade these days work - whisper 20 sellers get 1 answer, do the deal and enjoy the great "t4t" "ty" player interaction. Yesterday I needed a very niche amulet for one of my chars and there was only 1 on trade listed that met the requirements. That was the moment when I realized that I was most likely fucked. I offered even more than the guy asked for the amulet and tadada... "Sorry, no standard trades". That really is some soulchrushing bullshit. Lucky me I found another one later that day from another guy that I was able to convince to log over to standard for 2 mins (still love that guy - he saved my weekend).
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Sep 25, 2016, 7:31:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info