[2.5 Video Guide] Assassin Blade Vortex End-Game Build & Uber Farmer! [HC/SC]

Why is he using facebraker? I don't get the point? Only for the Crit Multiplier?
"
crushak wrote:
Why is he using facebraker? I don't get the point? Only for the Crit Multiplier?

yes the crit multi. when it was 90% it was the best damage gloves you could get. Now you maybe better with juts defensive gloves.
im playing this build in breach atm and it feels against bosses so weak. currently having 10k es a void battery and 5link chest.
leech isnt working as good as it should against bosses... -> not enough dmg and leech

with 20blades up and 7 power charges tooltip dps is 17k ._________.

any suggestions?
"
duc121293 wrote:
im playing this build in breach atm and it feels against bosses so weak. currently having 10k es a void battery and 5link chest.
leech isnt working as good as it should against bosses... -> not enough dmg and leech

with 20blades up and 7 power charges tooltip dps is 17k ._________.

any suggestions?

You could try what I did. Switch to Bladefall. Easy substitution, since it's a phys damage AoE spell. But now that duration is no longer a thing, spec six points out (from Shaper/Potency of Will all the way back to the left side Scion shield nodes). With those six points, finish your ES/crit nodes.

If you've already got all the ES and crit nodes Lifting suggested, then spend those points to pick up Force Shaper in the Shadow area for a big phys and chaos damage increase, then drop another point in to the 4% cast speed next to Trickster at the Shadow start.

Then relax a bit, Bladefall is a much more forgiving playstyle. Gives up some peak damage to BV (though Force Shaper brings it closer) but you get to take advantage of ranged mechanics, and more consistent damage overall. Boss fights become more winnable IMHO, and clear speed is greatly increased. Decoy Totem, which was critical in the BV build, is even more useful now, though not as critical. And you're not clicking that BV button like a madman trying to keep charges up, or stressing between packs or opening a box.

I know you've invested pretty big to get a Void Battery, but spend a few chaos and pick up a good Divinarius and try Shield Charge/Faster Attacks/Fortify (or Whirling Blades, I just like SC better whenever my build has a shield). Once again, trading some damage for mobility and survival, worth it IMHO, because like any ranged class, your best defense is not being there when the hits come, and clear speed will always be a thing. Just keep the VB in your secondary weapon slot with Flame Dash/Faster Casting, and use it situationally.

As for Bladefall itself, on my 5L/6S Beast Fur, my best results seem to be with Spell Echo, Controlled Destruction, Conc Effect, and Faster Casting (with Vaal Lightning Trap in the unlinked socket since I don't have a Vinktar's).

Instead of Faster Casting, there's always Added Fire, and Poison seemed to work decent as well, thanks to the Force Shaper boosts. But not well enough for me to want to spec into Toxic Delivery instead of Assassinate, I like the culling, crit multi and pretty much 100% uptime on the 100% crit chance the combo of Ambush/Assassinate provides. And if you go Added Fire, keep a leveled Life Leach gem with you, easy swap for boss fights or hexproof.

Total investment is LOW LOW LOW. It will cost you about 10c (or less) for a 20/20 Bladefall, a good Div can be had for about the same or less, and then the six respec points/regrets. You should already have a leveled and/or quality Faster Casting thanks to Flame Dash. Optionally spend to get a leveled Fortify for the duration, but just self-leveling the Shield Charge supports and Shield Charge itself is fine.

Just realize this isn't a meta build, it's still going to struggle at times without absolute top tier gear, it'll just struggle less in most situations and be more enjoyable to play. It's a cheap way of changing a build that isn't as relevant now as it was when Lifting did the guide, with minimal effort.
Yo thanks for the nice guide.
I have a question tho.
Is there any other lvl weapon you can recommend after axiom? Or just look for spell dmg wands?

Edit: i am lvl 69 now and bought a Void Battery. I original feel like a truck. Once the engine started everything get mashed

Edit: Ouch. just got smashed in 1 hit. The tears are real :'(
Last edited by Taiyuchi on Jan 12, 2017, 8:59:04 PM
I'm in a bit of trouble, I've started mapping a while ago, Level 77 now, but I simply dont have enough mana to use Blade Vortex If I equip the Essence Worm with Hatred.

I do have Charisma in the passive tree but I just won't have enough mana to use BV.

Here's my current gear, what can I do to get hatred running along with WM+Blasphemy and Discipline?

I would really need it I guess, only have around 11k dps

Last edited by SatanHell on Jan 13, 2017, 1:10:33 PM
"
SatanHell wrote:
I'm in a bit of trouble, I've started mapping a while ago, Level 77 now, but I simply dont have enough mana to use Blade Vortex If I equip the Essence Worm with Hatred.

I do have Charisma in the passive tree but I just won't have enough mana to use BV.

Here's my current gear, what can I do to get hatred running along with WM+Blasphemy and Discipline?

I would really need it I guess, only have around 11k dps

You'll need some of the increased mana nodes and/or stack mana on gear, as well as taking the 4% aura node by CI. Charisma alone won't give you enough mana to run Essence Worm, WM, and Discipline. Not and have enough left to cast BV.

Alternate (but not cheap) buy a Heretics Veil and run your Warlord's Mark in it. And if you're spending for that upgrade, you might find you're better off running dual curse with the Veil (WM and your choice of Enfeeble/Vuln/AssMark) and forgetting about Hatred entirely. And hey, now you have a free ring socket to do with what you want (Doedre's cheap extra curse ring comes to mind).

Regarding my wall of text a couple posts ago, I'm now done retuning for Bladefall. The real key was when I switched to Trickster with Shade Form and Weave the Arcane.

I'm now a fairly unkillable, dual cursing, 12K ES, slightly dodging and decently evading, never running out of mana, poison delivery machine. Oh, and giving up on ALL the crit stuff, focusing on phys/chaos/DoT nodes instead, and thanks to Shade Form, I was able to free up all those points on the Scion ES wheel too. Much much MUCH better gameplay than BV.
After getting to Tier 10+ Maps and to Level 85 with your Chieftain Flame Totems builds, I'm gonna try this build to go ever further and trying to get the Reward Wings from the 36 Challenges.

Hope it works better than the other one and thanks for the build~
"
Zogweik wrote:
After getting to Tier 10+ Maps and to Level 85 with your Chieftain Flame Totems builds, I'm gonna try this build to go ever further and trying to get the Reward Wings from the 36 Challenges.

Hope it works better than the other one and thanks for the build~

Careful, this build is dated and doesn't work as well as it used to, the most common complaint is that you have damage issues after mid-tier maps even with BiS/6L gear.

I'm pretty happy with it now at 88 after spending over an Exalt to buy Regrets to gradually turn it into a non-crit dual curse Poison Bladefall Trickster. Council, Atziri, Tier 13 maps, all no problem (Breachlords, still a problem, working on that). But I was really hating it in the late 70's/early 80's as an Assassin Crit BV.

And man, clicking to keep BV charged up and all the issues associated with that is..tiring.
Last edited by Capozzi on Jan 14, 2017, 1:09:49 PM
After some testing, I think that I have a good setup to make this build more efficient.
First of all, I'm using Divinarius. With this weapon, I have a good spell damage and crit, and I can use whirling blades. Now I have the following gems:
Divinarius: vaal discipline - decoy totem - increase duration
Shield: whirling blades - faster attacks - fortify support
Head: CWDT - immortal call - minion and totem... - summon ice golem
Gloves: discipline - blasphemy - warlord's mark - enlighten
Boots: CWDT - greater multiple projectiles - vortex - arctic breath (I'm thinking to try something else here, for example a Blade Vortex, so I must not cast it too often)

On secondary weapons, I get 2 Void Battery:
1 hand: only gems to support and you need to use sometimes
2 hand: faster casting - decoy totem - flame dash

I switch to the secondary weapons when I need to fight bosses: with 2 void batteries, you will get a ridicolous increase spell damage, but less ES (for me, it's about 1500)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info