[2.5 Video Guide] Assassin Blade Vortex End-Game Build & Uber Farmer! [HC/SC]

I have removed Facebreakers as recommended gloves, but other than that the build guide remains the same. The "nerf" is mostly noticeable for pathfinders Assassin's are completely fine. The only thing you may feel to be different is the power charge generation. It might be a bit slower, but not by much.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
The cruel preparation node, and the hybrid life/mana nodes in the witch area in the final tree are intended?
Why not go for throatseeker or force shaper? do you think the damage is good already and focus on more defense?
"
ray040613 wrote:
I can run chayula instead of kiara? Also what's a good glove choice now that fb is nerfed

You could. You could also use Valyrium, to make stun based on ES, though, I would only recommend that if your resists are good already as it does penalize your cold resist. This would allow you to get an amulet that has crit chance, and crit multi. You may even find one with ES, multi, and your resists. I think it's entirely up to you though. Chayula is nice for the fact that its mods have no direct downsides to CI. But amulets are the most powerful jewellery socket. Take the cheapest route, don't sink a bunch of money into things that you don't know how effective they are. Chayula dn Valyrium are generally cheap, so those are worth grabbing and testing with. Pick the one that's most comfortable for you, and get a rare amulet/ring for your last slot.
"
naykos wrote:
The cruel preparation node, and the hybrid life/mana nodes in the witch area in the final tree are intended?
Why not go for throatseeker or force shaper? do you think the damage is good already and focus on more defense?

They are intended because you convert the life to ES, and you need mana. This makes it a hybrid node with maximum efficiency. The ES boost it provides may not be as much as other nodes, but it has the mana, and it's also right there. Might as well grab it.

As for the Force Shaper node, I'm thinking of grabbing it at the very end. Extra damage is nice. It would also mean that those initial nodes in the shadow area get double use.

In my opinion, follow the guide as close as possible, and when you feel you have extra points, throw 1 or 2 in that direction once in a while.
Great guide! Looking forward to trying this as a league starter. I've created sort of a cheat sheet on notepad to have on my second screen as I'm leveling an thought I'd share it.

Spoiler
1-12 DW Wands Freezing pulse + Fire trap
12 Blade Vortex, + Added lightning A1 + COLD A1 buy
18: Blade Vortex, Faster Casting, Controlled destruction
31: Blasphemy, Warlord's Mark
31: Hatred / Herald of Ash
38: Blade Vortex, spell echo, Faster Casting, Controlled Destruction

Blade Vortex A1N
spell elcho A4N
Controlled destruction A2 buy
Increased Area of effect A4N
Increased Critical damage A2C
Added fire damage / life leech A1 // A3

Concentrated effect A2 buy, alteration

Cast when damage taken lvl 9 A4 buy
Immortal call lvl 11 A4, chance orb, Buy from Marauder, Templar, Duelist, Scion
Summon lightning Golem lvl 11 A4
Increased duration support lvl max A3, chance orb, buy form mara, templar, duelist

Cast when damage taken lvl 3 A4 buy
Arctic Breath lvl 6 a3 buy, chance orb
Vortex lvl 6 a3,buy, chance orb
GMP lvl max A4N, buy

Flame Dash A1N
Decoy Totem A1n scroll of wisdom, Marauder, Templar, Ranger, Duelist, Scion
Faster Casting A2n, need 2x, buy A2 for alteration
Minion and totem elemental res.

Blasphemy A4C
Warlord's Mark A3, Alteration, Marauder, Templar, Duelist
Discipline A3 buy, alteration

Hatred -- in essence worm ring -- A3n

VAAL Discipline
VAAL Discipline
Increased Duration A3, Chance orb Marauder, Templar, Ranger

Edit: The formatting is weird, I have no clue on this but if you click quote, copy it, then into notepad it looks....OK.
Last edited by BatteryChris on Dec 2, 2016, 1:20:30 PM
sorry wrong thread
Last edited by lordon on Dec 2, 2016, 1:36:44 PM
is bv good in a party?
I'm following this build and I must say that I got very weak after the 2.5.0 update. HELP!

Edit: NVM
Last edited by M_Hawke on Dec 4, 2016, 7:08:36 PM
can anyone please tell me how i can get over 20 blades? or over 30 whats the trick some dude ingame said 2 gems of blade vortex each dif items i did that and then said make one to 20 then start the other one... didnt work put them both in same item... didnt work.. whats am i doing wrong?

can someone please tell me how i can get over 30 blades
"
Saladin2 wrote:
can anyone please tell me how i can get over 20 blades? or over 30 whats the trick some dude ingame said 2 gems of blade vortex each dif items i did that and then said make one to 20 then start the other one... didnt work put them both in same item... didnt work.. whats am i doing wrong?

can someone please tell me how i can get over 30 blades

Its no longer possible to get over 20 stacks. Its a character wide limitation. It doesnt matter what you try to overcome it it jsut wont go past 20. That guy is eaother trolling you or he means the use of "utility" blade where u use one stack to generate charges or what not. I actually have no idea how that works now that the hits are sorta joined together.
(i am no expert on BV so take the above with a grain of salt ... not much salt though)

Anyway how exactly does this compare power wise now after 2.5. I had no idea the additional blades add "increased" dmg. I thought they just add base dmg. Thats like ... a big deal.
Last edited by platonicx on Dec 6, 2016, 7:45:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info