Hardcore Essence to Standard Standard.

Ok so this is my 1st time playing hardcore. When you die in hardcore you get moved to Standard... not standard of that league. Wow, never playing hardcore again. What a waste of time.

I'm really pondering even playing the rest of this league how dumb that is....
Last bumped on Sep 20, 2016, 1:32:47 PM
Yep, it's stupid. Lets have Prophecy for example.

Player X play on Prophecy HC, get nice RoTC, die, sell it for 78263982346 ex on standard, because everyone knows that after Prophecy ends, the bow will be nerfed, lolz.
In brief, dead temp hardcore characters going to temp softcore would devalue the attractiveness of hardcore for its intended audience, negatively impact the economies of both the hardcore and softcore temp leagues, and potentially ruin the softcore temp ladder. If you want me to go into detail I can. The current system is far from silly IMO - there's some argument for the alternative, but phrasing it in such extreme terms is a bit much, even though it's clearly not to your taste.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Just make the HC characters deleted after they die, lolz. Most of HC players make new HC character after they die anyway.
"
Aynix wrote:
Just make the HC characters deleted after they die, lolz. Most of HC players make new HC character after they die anyway.

If they ever change anything, this should be the only real way to do it.

Spoiler
I really enjoy playing HC temp and rip cheap Exalts/nice stuff/league only into STD and use the currency for crafting
d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on Sep 20, 2016, 7:42:20 AM
"
viperesque wrote:
In brief, dead temp hardcore characters going to temp softcore would devalue the attractiveness of hardcore for its intended audience, negatively impact the economies of both the hardcore and softcore temp leagues, and potentially ruin the softcore temp ladder. If you want me to go into detail I can. The current system is far from silly IMO - there's some argument for the alternative, but phrasing it in such extreme terms is a bit much, even though it's clearly not to your taste.

THIS. As a softcore temp league player, who actively engages with the economy, I would be pretty unhappy if HC temp leagues ripped into the SC temp league. It would be a mess, IMO.
U MAD?
"
viperesque wrote:
In brief, dead temp hardcore characters going to temp softcore would devalue the attractiveness of hardcore for its intended audience, negatively impact the economies of both the hardcore and softcore temp leagues, and potentially ruin the softcore temp ladder. If you want me to go into detail I can.

Go ahead.

Temp SC ladder I can somewhat understand, then again temp SC is easier than temp HC I guess, so the guy passing by someone else on temp SC - well, had it harder to get there.

Devalue attractiveness of HC for intended audience - why? I thought those people delete their characters after dying anyways? What happens after they die should not matter much to them, I guess.

Negatively impact economy of temp HC - why? If you RIP out of HC it doesn't matter anyways. Sure, you could argue that people would start buying shit in temp HC then to RIP into temp SC - then again, they may buy shit to RIP into perm SC as well. Also you need a (wealthy) HC character to start with for that, which means that ... well, that you are probably interested in playing HC, not SC.

Negatively impact economy of temp SC - why? Because you could RIP stuff into there? The way it is it negatively impacts the economy of perm SC - which for some obscure reason is OK, cause perm players are losers anyway, or something.

So yeah, explain, please.

I would play temp HC if I would rip into temp SC from there. The way it is, I won't. One lag spike and I am back in Standard? No thanks.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Since HC to SC trading is allowed intra-leagues you could always just trade your ripped gear and get currency for your new toon that way. I know thats a thing on normal hardcore at least.

I mean, personally i'd always delete my toons anyhow once they die. But if they'd rip into the SC league, i'd be tempted to try and get some currency of their gear. And people would farm uber aziri/izaro a fair bit more.

Die -> sell gear -> flip currency -> buy gear -> farm izaro -> get more currency etc.

Or the flipside, farm hard content on softcore -> make currency -> trade to hardcore -> buy your super invincibility BV gear -> win hardcore.

I think it would be bad for both economies and detract a fair bit from.. any achievements you might have done legit. (like anyone gives a shit)

"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:

THIS. As a softcore temp league player, who actively engages with the economy, I would be pretty unhappy if HC temp leagues ripped into the SC temp league. It would be a mess, IMO.

Why is that? What's the difference? Aren't the leagues pretty much the same?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:

Why is that? What's the difference? Aren't the leagues pretty much the same?

The economies are VERY different. Look at the difference in the price of Exalts:Chaos in EHC vs. ESC.

As for why it is okay for EHC to rip into Standard, everything has always dumped into standard. All of the temp SC leagues of the past already are dumping into standard, so having HC rip into standard isn't THAT impactful by comparison. Standard also is a much older, more stable economy.
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info