What builds have so far killed the shaper?

"
Kasapnica wrote:
"
Yeah, level 97 and I've got EQ linked up with rapid decay and less duration and the helmet enchantment for one every 0.34 sec. Tooltip is 27k base and I one shot mobs in T15. Defense is high enough were I can tank almost every boss.

I tried it against uber Atziri and got wrecked by the trio. Mostly I just rushed in with a farming build stupid yolo style but I think I could do it if I took my time. I did the pale court the other day and it was easier than regular Atziri. It's by far my best build so I'm hoping it can handle Shaper :3

Make sure you have it proc for EVERY attack you make,im using warped timepiece for that matter(0.24). Uber atziri trio is pretty much,push flasks (lion roar helps ALOT) and beat the female one and the dual strike guy.

Shaper however is dodging,you learn the mechanics and its done,WC totem also helps here,if you need to pop balls while hes spawning mobs,so they attack the totem instead of zana.

Tric is the third phase,make sure the zone where zana puts the shield against the bullet hell is always pool free,when the boss does the bullet hell,there are few seconds where you can pop any threatening balls that might come while you wait. The other hard thing is if he laser's you immediately after the bullet hell,make sure you don't jump in a remaining ball while avoiding the laser. For me these things were key to learn,after this its pretty much a guaranteed kill,judging by my runs,3/4 are success and despite i haven't seen a sword yet,the guy is pretty profitable.

I have a dual curse set up using a +1 amulet so I can't run WT but I got destroyed by the Minotaur because of map mods, then again first time I've tried him so I have no idea how hard he hits. He basically one shotted me at 8.5k life. I didn't make so much as a dent totally wasted map. Mods were extra fire damage, and -15 to all resists. I don't even know it was awful. I took down Chimera without issue though, he was easy, but then it had no aggressive map mods.

I was running with Kaom's but the power of Ancestral Warchief is just too good to pass up so I replaced it with a Belly. Lost about 600 life but the AW does more damage to bosses than I do! :0

I tried uber Atziri and the trio wasn't bad at all, but the two stupid Vaal's wrecked me, they hit so hard and since EQ was nerfed, it takes a while to kill them. Mostly my fault. Atziri wasn't that bad and I just miss-clicked but I can see taking her down with a bit of actual game play.

The Shaper scares me though that I can't Atziri. Regular is a joke, I can do it blind-folded, but damn does 10 levels make a huge difference.

I'm about done after the Minotaur going to reroll into a stupid Totem build or just make a pathfinder and flask my way to victory lol

Thanks for the mechanical tips, I should try him at least once with my build, I've come all this way.
Deliver pain exquisite
Last edited by ultratiem on Sep 21, 2016, 5:45:39 PM
Minotaur with DMG mods makes life of melee hard thats for sure :) Thats why he kills you. Chimera is fast attacker with bit less damage,so the armor helps.

As for Uber atziri...how to say this. She is EASIER than Shapper,but too much RNG with the lightnings,and since we cant reliably farm the fragments,getting this "muscle memory" is hard,i mean in 15 days this season i got one attempt ant got rekt because i failed dodging and one of the deaths was like this.

White lightnings,i was on a place that was free of it,and when they started to fall,i was like "its fine,she dead after",then in an instant another one shows under me,and boom,all happening instantly,no way to move. So yea,id say the fight is a bit RNG based,and the fact you can't just attempt her over and over like shaper,makes it appear harder while in fact it isnt.

Shaper is you,thats it,you play carefully you win,you don't you die. Farm up for like 3-4 attempts and go in,EQ can do it,and with 8k health (2k more than me) you will have way more space for error.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Sep 21, 2016, 6:37:55 PM
Around 15-30 ex for the top builds to kill shaper.

30-60ish ex for non-ass abilities/T2 or unique expensive builds.

Anyone else needs to completely overkill the shaper with some super insane crazy gear.
"
Kasapnica wrote:
Minotaur with DMG mods makes life of melee hard thats for sure :) Thats why he kills you. Chimera is fast attacker with bit less damage,so the armor helps.

As for Uber atziri...how to say this. She is EASIER than Shapper,but too much RNG with the lightnings,and since we cant reliably farm the fragments,getting this "muscle memory" is hard,i mean in 15 days this season i got one attempt ant got rekt because i failed dodging and one of the deaths was like this.

White lightnings,i was on a place that was free of it,and when they started to fall,i was like "its fine,she dead after",then in an instant another one shows under me,and boom,all happening instantly,no way to move. So yea,id say the fight is a bit RNG based,and the fact you can't just attempt her over and over like shaper,makes it appear harder while in fact it isnt.

Shaper is you,thats it,you play carefully you win,you don't you die. Farm up for like 3-4 attempts and go in,EQ can do it,and with 8k health (2k more than me) you will have way more space for error.

It was stupid. I've done the Pheonix and Chimera with mods, they hit hard but I live. But the Minotaur, gawd, one shot. That's it. Dead. Just totally unbalanced for end game.

I hate the RNG for Atziri tbh, and there's a lot of it. Even the Vaal's and the trio are sometimes you walk over them and other times they rip 4 portals from you. Atziri is a cheat, there I said. She cheats so hard sometimes avoid death, prolonging the fight, just ugh GGG.

Ok, I'm gonna give Shaper a go with my EQ. It's hard to tell sometimes what your build can do because you could tank some uber boss and then some T12 one one shots you, like I get it game...
Deliver pain exquisite
Any Scion builds that killed Shaper?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
It was stupid. I've done the Pheonix and Chimera with mods, they hit hard but I live. But the Minotaur, gawd, one shot. That's it. Dead. Just totally unbalanced for end game.

I hate the RNG for Atziri tbh, and there's a lot of it. Even the Vaal's and the trio are sometimes you walk over them and other times they rip 4 portals from you. Atziri is a cheat, there I said. She cheats so hard sometimes avoid death, prolonging the fight, just ugh GGG.

Ok, I'm gonna give Shaper a go with my EQ. It's hard to tell sometimes what your build can do because you could tank some uber boss and then some T12 one one shots you, like I get it game...

Blame how armour works when it comes to minotaur. His cleave attack and the slam attack pretty much negate it,the only defense you got against this is life/es,thats why rolling him with bonus damage isn't good idea. Also the burrowing attack he does,if you see him burrow,move away from the position you are,this also deals heavy damage and pretty much negates armor.
a lot of trash builds can kill shaper, but srs can't do it (roflmao)
"
Kasapnica wrote:
"

Blame how armour works when it comes to minotaur. His cleave attack and the slam attack pretty much negate it,the only defense you got against this is life/es,thats why rolling him with bonus damage isn't good idea. Also the burrowing attack he does,if you see him burrow,move away from the position you are,this also deals heavy damage and pretty much negates armor.

Yeah I wasn't sure what he would hit with but the others look elemental so I figure mostly physical? I got pretty weak sauce mods but after vaaling it it changed and I just ran it anyway. Yolo. I honestly don't know how any build can survive him if 100% more something damage and a loss to resists kills someone with almost 9k life. But the mechanics seems the same as most of the bosses. He's got a big AoE that one shots you. Same with Phoenix when he channels and same with Malach when he lays the sigil down or even Atziri with the celestial targeting. It's just you make one mistake and boom
Byeeeeee :/
Deliver pain exquisite
such is life,though all of these can be avoided,and if minotaur has no extra damage,you should be able to face tank the slam,though move away from the zone,or get rekt by falling stones.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info