LIFE is OP, Shaper facetanking

"
Kastmar wrote:
"
Ashrog wrote:
Would this build also work with berserker life leech ascendancy nodes and vaal pact instead of the slayer nodes?
I still have a marauder respec left and this looks like fun.
I wouldn't invest to this build. I'm 1000000000% sure that will be nerfed very soon.

Why nerf it? it takes WAY more resources than flaskfinder BV does to create and functions just about the same. Trick question though, they'll nerf it because of the resource hogging.
Last edited by foolishwtz on Sep 20, 2016, 4:07:23 PM
"
Kastmar wrote:
"
Ashrog wrote:
Would this build also work with berserker life leech ascendancy nodes and vaal pact instead of the slayer nodes?
I wouldn't invest to this build. I'm 1000000000% sure that will be nerfed very soon.

Chances are small. Noone plays "worm build". Guess what build was so fking popular that id needed nerf? Mjolnir/CoC, yay!
Last edited by Aynix on Sep 20, 2016, 8:25:52 PM
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Kastmar wrote:
"
Ashrog wrote:

Chances are small. Noone plays "worm build". Guess what build was so fking popular that id needed nerf? Mjolnir/CoC, yay!

Cast on crit was nerfed because it bogged server down with too many calculations. They are going to be very careful on trigger gems in future.
The people posting about how this needs to be nerfed, did you watch the video or assume it's another blade vortex pathfinder?

This is a rather complicated build involving writhing jar flasks. It doesn't use pathfinder for flasks, but the harvest instead. It doesn't use blade vortex for damage, but for flask charges from crits. It uses vortex (not blade, the cold spell) as well. Could have used firestorm instead.

THIS USES THE DEATHS OF WORMS TO TRIGGER HERALD OF ICE. Yes, that's very strange and it works because of slayer overkill damage giving leech and leech not ending when you are at full. Very strong combo on worms that have almost no life. It's like having 20% leech that just keeps stacking. It doesn't want damage on blade vortex or vortex, because that gets reflected. Herald of ice doesn't reflect.

The recent patch did NOT make this build stronger. It's just a cool build that relies on many specific interactions to make a strong character. Kudos to the creator. The poster may have been joking, but I'm not sure others get the joke that it's not simply OP.

That said, life leech is broken as hell and this is another instance of that.
"
Dracobane wrote:
The people posting about how this needs to be nerfed, did you watch the video or assume it's another blade vortex pathfinder?

This is a rather complicated build involving writhing jar flasks. It doesn't use pathfinder for flasks, but the harvest instead. It doesn't use blade vortex for damage, but for flask charges from crits. It uses vortex (not blade, the cold spell) as well. Could have used firestorm instead.

THIS USES THE DEATHS OF WORMS TO TRIGGER HERALD OF ICE. Yes, that's very strange and it works because of slayer overkill damage giving leech and leech not ending when you are at full. Very strong combo on worms that have almost no life. It's like having 20% leech that just keeps stacking. It doesn't want damage on blade vortex or vortex, because that gets reflected. Herald of ice doesn't reflect.

The recent patch did NOT make this build stronger. It's just a cool build that relies on many specific interactions to make a strong character. Kudos to the creator. The poster may have been joking, but I'm not sure others get the joke that it's not simply OP.

That said, life leech is broken as hell and this is another instance of that.

Things hit WAY too hard for instaleech to NOT be in the game if you wanna adress instant-leech you lower the damage output like here this was my live version of my shaper kill about 30 mins ago https://www.twitch.tv/apathy_zero/v/90776670 you can skip through it our watch through the final phase of shaper to see how stupid the damage is.

I barely even survive some most of his attacks and my gear is god tier like you have no fucking clue how hard these things hit for do you? Guardians hit just as hard and some t15's even you wanna fuck with leech you tone down the damage these fucking things do if not then they're not going to fuck with it.

There's 1-2 complaints every week about leech that's not going to get it nerfed you want shit nerfed you want an entire army to complain like you did with CoC other then that no it will remain untouched until they tone down the damage because quite frankly it is fucking stupid even with my gear.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Sep 22, 2016, 2:12:12 PM
Yes, damage is so high and it forces leech to be so high, which makes the character unable to die to anything other than one hit. Which means devs try to kill those players by adding more damage, which continues the cycle.

Do you think that if leech were changed in a way to make it impossible for crazy high numbers, that incoming damages wouldn't be changed soon after? If they saw that NOBODY killed shaper or other high end content after the change, the damage would be lowered immediately. No dev wants to create content that nobody can play.

I sense frustration in your post and it makes sense. It's just that until leech is changed to manageable numbers, we can't get a game that's anything more than high life/ES pools and high leech. Diablo 3 had the same issue and it got so much better after the change, so there's precedence.
I'm frustrated because the amount of the damage these... fucking bosses do is so stupid you can attest just by watching my session of that fight.

So fucking stupid and my gear as I've said is god tier like nothing close to like lets say this thing here
as an example /brag the fuck ever but it's not going to save me from a bullshit move or two case and proven from that fucking video.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Just popped my lurking cherry to say that I_NO is my favorite poster.
This regalia is on SC, it doesn't even count as a real item...
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Any build that enjoys invulnerability in this game will eventually be nerfed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info