Chris mentioned new content that fixes a arpg problem

on the Lioneyes Watch podcast linked in the announcements,
Chris Wilson mentioned expansion content that fixes a problem with ARPG games, and it interested people that dont even play PoE, or arent really into PoE

let us speculate what the new content is! shall we...

i think its gonna be something that adds a whole different way of playing the game, because he says it excited people that arent into this game..

one problem with this game is you grind grind grind, and what happens? you get legacy kaoms or skyforth or whatever totally GG OP item worth 9999exalts, but then what do you do then? keep grinding? for what? you have the best thing in the game, you have everything you need, why keep grinding?... cause its the only thing there is to do in the game... there should be more to the game past that point, or just, alternate activities of some sort.

i wanna see where you build a base and monsters attack it .. like they attack your hideout

or like, you set up a store ?? idk

or maybe itd be awesome if they do like that game "The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot" , that game seemed really awesome to me, but its actually lame as hell lol (arpg is barebones and p2w mtx), itd be awesome to see that in PoE (players make a dungeon / base, and other players attack it)

.... just please dont do a Moba type of thing.. damnn i HATE mobas lol
Last edited by CaoMengde on Sep 19, 2016, 2:37:42 PM
Last bumped on Sep 21, 2016, 3:58:13 PM
I will go on a hunch, i think it is a buff, for everyone.

To be serious now, i think it will have to be something mechanical. Not new content, but new game mechanics that will do something with skill balance.
Spreading salt since 2006
New support gems that will double dip BV's damage.

Sorry, had to be said.

I'd personally want an idea mentioned in the reddit, which would be making endless ledge available in the main game in some way or another.

Either that or other ways to enhance skill gems other than quality. Like enchants that change the behaviour of skills in bigger ways than support gems making them bigger or hitting harder.
My guess would be an auction house where you can buy gear with real money, and the people he talked to were some guys from Activision.

Hilarity aside, Chris has a tendency to overhype things. Don't know what to make of it.
Last edited by Jojas on Sep 19, 2016, 2:44:40 PM
I think it's significantly simpler and all he was hinting at was the removal of several difficulties which need to be replayed. He mentioned that other arpgs have the same problem or didn't fix it properly. D3 tried to fix it by having difficulty levels not being tied to the story but it did create other issues. If you play on normal you'll finish the entire story at like level 40 (70 being max level) and then most newcomers will go "now what?" and are left in the dark and quit the game.
6 % buff for melee confirmed
IGN TylordRampage
ooh yeah i seen alot of new people post things like
"wtf now i just play the game over again, but harder? thats dumb i dont do that in other games"

"
6 % buff for melee confirmed

idk Chris was saying alot of stuff.. maybe 7.4% melee buff :P
Last edited by CaoMengde on Sep 19, 2016, 2:59:35 PM
Give us infinite "dungeon" that rolls random map from whole game every time you enter new instance, and balance it to your lvl. Make every next zone to have like +10% dmg or something lile that (so further you go, stronger enemies are. Add ranking, so people can see who is the most pro uber elo player (aka who has the best build and best items).

Make my dream happen!
"
Aynix wrote:
Give us infinite "dungeon" that rolls random map from whole game every time you enter new instance, and balance it to your lvl. Make every next zone to have like +10% dmg or something lile that (so further you go, stronger enemies are. Add ranking, so people can see who is the most pro uber elo player (aka who has the best build and best items).

Make my dream happen!

Not a currency sink. Won't happen. It just isn't "in line" with the all mighty economy. 100% available "on level" content? That's PREPOSTEROUS!

But I would love it, personally.

But that's not in any way "new", as Torchlight 1 had the exact thing you're describing.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
That's why I want it in PoE ^ ^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info