[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

So things are going pretty well, but I want to gear up for Guardians/Shaper. If I can only afford one between Vulnerability gloves and +2 Helm, which would be better?

I know some have mentioned temp chain gloves are fairly effective and much cheaper. I could probably afford +2 Barrage and temp chain gloves. What's the best combo for the currency I have? Any other gear recommendations are appreciated. Thanks!

Spoiler
"
MykoWave wrote:
So things are going pretty well, but I want to gear up for Guardians/Shaper. If I can only afford one between Vulnerability gloves and +2 Helm, which would be better?

I know some have mentioned temp chain gloves are fairly effective and much cheaper. I could probably afford +2 Barrage and temp chain gloves. What's the best combo for the currency I have? Any other gear recommendations are appreciated. Thanks!

Go for vulnerability gloves.
Got some upgrades : 5l QOTF and 2 jewerley wit hchaos damage

Dint capped my cold res because of 3 percent :P .

My equip so far.

Also started with 12 challenges and now i reach 26 with this build. Gonna make 36 for the first time . Im really enjoyn this league
Last edited by axelw on Oct 19, 2016, 4:41:32 PM
Question: on the passive tree you pick a jewel socket (above blood drinker) with 20 added int. but wouldnt it be better to get the one under the pierce cluster? since it gives you more damage instead of int.
Taking that gives you 20 intelligence that you don't need to get on your gear. If you have enough int to cover your needs, yeah the projectile damage is probably a better path. Ideally though you'd focus more attention on other suffixes with your gear.
First, feedback: You've reignited my love for bow builds with this one. After Doomfletch Prism went sort of RIP after the conflux change I was pretty sure I wasn't going to revisit bows. I was wrong.

And now two questions: First, if you had to rank the gems in terms of most important to 20%, what would they be? Second, just how powerful is Toxic Delivery in ramping up single target? Since poisons applied via crit are doubled in power I imagine it's very effective. I'm currently fishing for ways to improve my barrage and am currently missing TD. I've never done uber lab and at 5200 life at level 86 I'm not sure if I'll be able to tackle it soon.
"
ConsPark wrote:
First, feedback: You've reignited my love for bow builds with this one. After Doomfletch Prism went sort of RIP after the conflux change I was pretty sure I wasn't going to revisit bows. I was wrong.

And now two questions: First, if you had to rank the gems in terms of most important to 20%, what would they be? Second, just how powerful is Toxic Delivery in ramping up single target? Since poisons applied via crit are doubled in power I imagine it's very effective. I'm currently fishing for ways to improve my barrage and am currently missing TD. I've never done uber lab and at 5200 life at level 86 I'm not sure if I'll be able to tackle it soon.

Toxic Delivery is huge. The extra phys -> chaos damage is also super useful, since chances are (30% chance) you'll have everything bleeding. Easy massive DPS boost.
El Psy Congroo.
"
ConsPark wrote:

just how powerful is Toxic Delivery in ramping up single target? Since poisons applied via crit are doubled in power I imagine it's very effective.

It's very noticeable.
"
ConsPark wrote:

I've never done uber lab and at 5200 life at level 86 I'm not sure if I'll be able to tackle it soon.

It was my first time too, 85 with 5200 life, played super careful using decoy totem and making sure to only Barrage Izaro after dodging Lady Justice. Go for it, just be careful to not die to traps.
Last edited by Mormega on Oct 19, 2016, 9:26:42 PM
"
Mormega wrote:
"
ConsPark wrote:

just how powerful is Toxic Delivery in ramping up single target? Since poisons applied via crit are doubled in power I imagine it's very effective.

It's very noticeable.
"
ConsPark wrote:

I've never done uber lab and at 5200 life at level 86 I'm not sure if I'll be able to tackle it soon.

It was my first time too, 85 with 5200 life, played super careful using decoy totem and making sure to only Barrage Izaro after dodging Lady Justice. Go for it, just be careful to not die to traps.

Good to hear it's doable with that life. I have yet to get into the habit of using DT though. Still trying to get into the swing of periodically using Frenzy.

What was your gear level like, particularly gem levels and quality? I've got a 5L Barrage and 4L LA. I just upgraded a pair of jewels so I'm at 5626 life now.

Last edited by ConsPark on Oct 19, 2016, 11:03:23 PM
"
ConsPark wrote:
"
Mormega wrote:
"
ConsPark wrote:

It's very noticeable.
"
ConsPark wrote:

Good to hear it's doable with that life. I have yet to get into the habit of using DT though. Still trying to get into the swing of periodically using Frenzy.

What was your gear level like, particularly gem levels and quality? I've got a 5L Barrage and 4L LA. I just upgraded a pair of jewels so I'm at 5626 life now.

I was using an Opus at the time. My added chaos gems were level 18 with no quality, but I had some extra chaos damage from
jewelry I crafted.

There's no need to be nervous, just keep running in circle around him, wait for the lady to shoot her green fire then barrage him 3-4 time and keep moving waiting for Justice's bombardment, while you run deactivate whatever are his buffs and shoot him again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info