[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

Any info already on how the build is gonna work on 3.0?
Which adaptations should be done with all these changes?

Curious if it'll work as leaguestarter at 3.0

cheers
Hey! Been following this build since i returned to PoE (quit on 2013-2014), and it's been great, love the mobility and the AoE/single target damage.

It's my first highlevel/endgame toon and i've done up to T10 maps without much problems, though i feel damage is starting to drop a bit, probably cause i'm running on a budget, and i've been wondering if it's still worth upgrading since it's gonna get nerfed on 3.0 i think.

I've got 2ex 650c to invest and wanted to know what would be good investments for now and likely after 3.0, i'd assume first getting a 6L Opus/QotF would be the best option since i could swap Barrage/LA and if double dipping is nerfed to the ground they should still be valuable/good items for another build.

I pretty much run any map i can get drop and sometimes buy t8-t10 with 100%+ iiq/alch t8-t10 myself, though i dont make much currency unless i get extremely lucky with drops, would like to boost myself a bit so i can do harder content/make more money for upgrades!

Currently level 87 at 4.8k hp, 181/168/208/17 hideout resist, 83% crit with 4 power charges. Btw i really don't like slower projectiles instead of GMP with 5L, just doesn't feel enough to me.

Upgrades considered : 6L Opus/Qotf, +1 Drillneck, Dying sun. Can only afford one of them, MAYBE two, if it's worth for now and after 3.0

Current gear :

Last edited by Phosphenez on Jun 11, 2017, 11:54:37 AM
i have huge mana problems and how do you solve it without boot enchant wich gives mana/life steal? Also am i missing something but this build doesnt use VP?????
Last edited by NukeFonKillazz on Jun 12, 2017, 5:14:29 PM
"
i have huge mana problems and how do you solve it without boot enchant wich gives mana/life steal? Also am i missing something but this build doesnt use VP?????

One of the mana leech nodes down in the tree is enough.

My setup was for farming. :D

If wanted to kill something stronger, little bit changes in gems and changing some items.

Got some lucky drops and upgraded quite a bit, 5.4k with starkonja at lvl 90, damage is sooooo much better with 6L and quality gems, though they're still 18/19.

Will probably drop diamond flask once i get Deadly Infusion. So many good flasks and only 5 slots fml, i really like Atziri for the leech+chaos resist, dying sun great for mapping/dps, Sulphur for extra damage AND most importantly anti-freeze, fucking boxes lul

Spoiler

Also some gear swap with wither totem, rings without chaos dmg but better life/acc, only done up to t12 since das what i get
Last edited by Phosphenez on Jun 16, 2017, 8:08:09 PM
R U planning to do tree and setup for 3.0?
i dont get it but i just swaped LA for TS and my single target is insane so is aoe so idk why i should even bother use LA like its aoe is great but single target just stright up suck ass so i dont need 2-6L items i could just aswell use belly of the beast or kaoms
This build will be strong as it is now in 3.0?
"
garantivil wrote:
This build will be strong as it is now in 3.0?

Too early to say. This build as it exists will not function the same at all, it needs to be completely rebuilt for Fall of Oriath, like any bleed / poison build.

Edit to avoid double posting:

I haven't tried Atziri with this build yet. Is Tornado Shot viable against her, or will the secondary projectiles blow you up in the split phase?
Last edited by Wallach on Jun 21, 2017, 12:18:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info