[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

"
h4tred_ wrote:
"
Am i missing something? Picked up +1 drillneck today and even together with opus LA feels like garbage compared to split arrow.. less aoe coverage and a lot lower dmg. I can see it beeing better once you get a legacy reach but why is everyone using it with opus?

You MUST use snakebites, also use LA with LMP gem, i cant believe you are lvl 92 and dont understand the mechanics of this build.

Appreciate the input but open up PoB and swap out 20/20 void manip for 20/20 poison support and youll see you loose barely any damage so thats why i prefer the rare gloves, just more relaxed playstyle. Highly doubt thats the problem, but i guess if you use snakebite you open up the slot for lmp but thats still a less multi, doesnt sound great..
Last edited by SenorHabanero on Mar 19, 2017, 5:15:45 PM
"
"
h4tred_ wrote:
"
Am i missing something? Picked up +1 drillneck today and even together with opus LA feels like garbage compared to split arrow.. less aoe coverage and a lot lower dmg. I can see it beeing better once you get a legacy reach but why is everyone using it with opus?

You MUST use snakebites, also use LA with LMP gem, i cant believe you are lvl 92 and dont understand the mechanics of this build.

Appreciate the input but open up PoB and swap out 20/20 void manip for 20/20 poison support and youll see you loose barely any damage so thats why i prefer the rare gloves, just more relaxed playstyle. Highly doubt thats the problem

I have lvl 84 character with 18-19 lvl gems and packs get oneshoted. Even with high phys reduction + enfeeble on me, i just destroy them in any map. You must use chaos damage, thats build about chaos damage. Craft/buy good jewellry with % chaos and add flat chaos damage, take snakebites, take void manipulation or just play another build.. seriously :D
Hmm, might be the conversion fucks me without the flat chaos craft, shit gets 1 shot when i use split but not with LA. Working on envy crafted rings for a while, ill give it another shot when i get those i guess. Btw really do look up the numbers, poison gem is surprisingly really good. Edit: gonna do an ig test tommorow tho incase PoB is wrong somehow

Edit2: Woops, im a dumbass what i was comparing in calc when i made the char was inc critical strikes vs poison gem not void manip while using a 6l, you are right void manip is massive for dmg
Last edited by SenorHabanero on Mar 19, 2017, 6:01:15 PM
"
Voisard wrote:
Hey guys ! So far im enjoying the build.

Playing in LHC ; Currently lvl 90

Took a different Ascendancy , and respecced my passive tree differently , Overall it feels solid ..
The one thing i am missing though is the 100% More poison from Noxious Strike - Toxic Delivery .
I wanted to sustain my frenzy charges by going with the Ranger / Raider Ascendancy , which i did pretty good , The trash mobs aren't a problem, running with 30k LA (without the poison) on a 5L . But bosses are the real issue , starting from t12+ .

Overall im still satisfied with the build idea i got from here .

Would take any suggestions to help down the bosses quicker !
Thanks and stay safe exiles !

I did same thing and summed it up for few friends there https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1864405.

I went full frenzy and replaced queen of the forest+snakebites by cospris will+gloves with curse on hit. Cheap solution for bosses is Rotgut (assuming u went for onslought in ascend). Still alot of work on build and gear ahead.
"
DwaneDibbley wrote:
"
Voisard wrote:

Took a different Ascendancy , and respecced my passive tree differently , Overall it feels solid ..
The one thing i am missing though is the 100% More poison from Noxious Strike - Toxic Delivery .
I wanted to sustain my frenzy charges by going with the Ranger / Raider Ascendancy , which i did pretty good , The trash mobs aren't a problem, running with 30k LA (without the poison) on a 5L . But bosses are the real issue , starting from t12+ .

I did same thing and summed it up for few friends there https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1864405.

I went full frenzy and replaced queen of the forest+snakebites by cospris will+gloves with curse on hit. Cheap solution for bosses is Rotgut (assuming u went for onslought in ascend). Still alot of work on build and gear ahead.

Hey,
I read your thread, and as for the tree part, i can't see myself playing with it in HC . 184% life compared to my 218% life wouldn't cut it . Currently sitting at over 6.1k hp @ lvl 90 . What did intrigued me though , was the Cospri's variant , does it act as "double dip" with the poison ? (Which i doubt) But if so, that would help me clear bosses in T12+ maps faster .
Sure a 6L with Void manipulation would most likely help me, but again, without the double dipping from the Assassin's Noxious Strike and Toxic Delivery notables , i highly doubt it would change that much. I hope i am wrong . Thanks for the feedback

If Cmphx could enlighten me a bit, on how i could solve this issue, that would be fucking awesome . (In fact any of you out there that played Raider, and had my "boss issue" i'd be grateful !

Thanks, keep the suggestions coming !
Has anyone tried using the gull instead of devotos? At least for mapping would it be better?
Hey could you guys check my items.... I'm unsure where I should be looking to upgrade right now!

Thanks in advance!
We should discuss more about Cospri's. Unless your some little 12 year old all jacked up on mountain dew the move speed from queen of the forest is meh. Resists are easy enough to get with this build. Being able to drop snakebites for atziri acuity would be awesome def far better than the bit of life lost. Plus a lot of intel on them so rings and jewel can be customized for more dps.
"
cjbender wrote:
Hey could you guys check my items.... I'm unsure where I should be looking to upgrade right now!

Thanks in advance!

You're basically a glass cannon from the looks of it, add more life to the build?

I can't really tell though but how are you faring at the moment?
"
Voisard wrote:
"
DwaneDibbley wrote:
"
Voisard wrote:

Hey,
I read your thread, and as for the tree part, i can't see myself playing with it in HC . 184% life compared to my 218% life wouldn't cut it . Currently sitting at over 6.1k hp @ lvl 90 . What did intrigued me though , was the Cospri's variant , does it act as "double dip" with the poison ? (Which i doubt) But if so, that would help me clear bosses in T12+ maps faster .
Sure a 6L with Void manipulation would most likely help me, but again, without the double dipping from the Assassin's Noxious Strike and Toxic Delivery notables , i highly doubt it would change that much. I hope i am wrong . Thanks for the feedback

If Cmphx could enlighten me a bit, on how i could solve this issue, that would be fucking awesome . (In fact any of you out there that played Raider, and had my "boss issue" i'd be grateful !

Thanks, keep the suggestions coming !

Changing Queen+Snakebites for Cospri+curse on hit gloves doesnt change anything about doubledipping, its just different way of poison distribution. For me its way more "elegant" as it works with literaly zero effort and u can go full frenzy. You just lose speed from evasion which si reason i rerolled to raider, i got speed from frenzy along with attack speed and phys dmg (which poisons aswell). Theres onslought on top of that, so u lose part of chaos/poison dmg, but get phys dmg and attack/movement. It relies alot less on doublediping mechanism.
Cospri+curse gloves can be played even on this assassin version, but it felt kinda slow compared to raider on frenzy+onslought (its probably the fastest build i have made).
And about life nodes, i still have quite few to distribute, i might go to big hp cluster "behind" marauder or for 3 or 4 jewels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info