[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

"
jacarishe wrote:
"
rCan9 wrote:
Minotaur and Chimera down deathless with this build at lvl 87
Spoiler

How did you do that ?

I have all gear at max and couldn't kill Minotaur... :(

ur mechanix are need to b maxed then
Last edited by JodsLife on Feb 10, 2017, 2:42:32 PM
I just tried this. The damage is pretty good, but I keep dying in breaches. Without any circuit breaker and other mitigation 1 hit will do me in.

Last edited by godlyatheist on Feb 11, 2017, 5:43:51 PM
You cannot get 6k life unless you're level 100, stop misleading people.
"
Baldylol wrote:

I have 6122 life at lvl 93.
"
Baldylol wrote:

So wrong, 6275 life @ lvl 90 and still have life nodes to pick up with my gear still not even close to being optimized
IGN :HanBolo
Hey guys!

I've started the actual league with this build and it was a lot of fun.

The problem was, that I got very frustrated after spending a lot of currency (tried to 6-link my armor or bow, didn't know anymore) and didn't get something out of it (I think we all know this problem, it is what it is).

Here is my character (ShadowChico):

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/sorcita/characters

I want to give it another try to get some more challenges done. I don't want to reach Shaper-Endgame or something like that.

Can someone give me some help with my actual situation or send me a private message to help me in general? Would be great to get some hints how to to play the mid/end-game in the future. That is the point were I've quit sometimes in the past.
Will this build work well in the upcoming 2.6?

I'm thinking of giving a try on this build.
Nice guide I willl be trying to start this next league
Last edited by Takamura on Feb 13, 2017, 1:55:53 AM
"
sorcita wrote:
Hey guys!

I've started the actual league with this build and it was a lot of fun.

The problem was, that I got very frustrated after spending a lot of currency (tried to 6-link my armor or bow, didn't know anymore) and didn't get something out of it (I think we all know this problem, it is what it is).

Here is my character (ShadowChico):

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/sorcita/characters

I want to give it another try to get some more challenges done. I don't want to reach Shaper-Endgame or something like that.

Can someone give me some help with my actual situation or send me a private message to help me in general? Would be great to get some hints how to to play the mid/end-game in the future. That is the point were I've quit sometimes in the past.

This build's damage and clear speed comes from the poison damage. You build very little damage on the gear and passive tree itself so you need to change your play style from the typical glass cannon archer.

Some tips:

1. Use LMP your bow until you get a Reach of the Council, the clear speed is much more important than the damage from using Slower Proj as you have more than enough.
2. Make sure you use ALL of your flasks and Vaal Haste ALL THE TIME. You can easily get permanent Onslaught/Lucky/*insert damage flask buff* all the time with the insane movespeed you have. Get an Atiziri's Promise while you save up for Dying Sun. With 3 flasks up your damage will double.
3. Re-read the guide. You need the 2 increased frenzy charge duration nodes to keep the frenzy charges at 10 sec so you can sustain it. Without them you are at 7 sec and it's hard to keep it up, which is huge damage loss since you can't poison and lose the snakebite bonus. You have too many life nodes for your level, respec 3 to the frenzy durations and get the extra life after you hit 90.
4. You want the Freeze Immunity on a utility flask so you always get full duration, not on a life flask that can run out early.
5. When you fight packs that are on your screen, aim your LA behind the targets so you get all arrows to chain.
6. The gems you are leveling in your off slots are not relevant to this build. The priority should be LA and Added Chaos. Quality on LA gives more shock = more damage and the you want a bunch of Added Chaos L20 to sell or corrupt to 21.
6. Why do you have a Hatred gem? You don't scale phys damage so that aura is close to useless.

The most important thing with this build is to just keep moving and shooting. Move for half a screen, shoot one LA. If you hear something explode, shoot a couple more then move toward that direction. Don't waste time killing a single left over, keep moving. Your goal is to run through the map at permanent boosted speed while offscreening everything. The chaos damage on your abilities are about double your physical damage so reflect isn't a problem, especially if you swap Tshot for ele reflect/use the belt for phy reflect.

You should practice in dried lake. You should be able to make an entire circle around that area with permanent flask usage and vaal haste. Also, learn to keep up 4 frenzy charge with a single frenzy shot if necessary. With a couple runs all this will become muscle memory and you don't have to pay attention anymore.

I started this league really late (like 10 days ago), and I already have a 6L Reach and fairly optimized gear. I didn't go all out with the +1 arrow stuff/dying sun because i'm using the currency for other builds (have about 20ex just from farming).

This isn't a build that's about BOOM one shot, it's build to move fast and clear fast by abusing the poison mechanic and op flasks. Keep moving and shooting and you will be ok.

"
Shinohiko wrote:
Will this build work well in the upcoming 2.6?

I'm thinking of giving a try on this build.

Since poison mechanic won't be reworked until 3.0, I'm pretty sure this will work the same unless GGG decides to nerf Reach again.

Aside, maximize this build at the high end will require some very specific gear and gem due to the large amount of unique gears used. It's still very possible to be resist capped against ele weakness map by getting some resist on jewels or GG ring/amulets. Added chaos damage and % evasion craft on jewelery should help a lot and isn't that hard to craft, it's just hard to buy the base cause it's so late in the league...
Last edited by godlyatheist on Feb 13, 2017, 8:29:42 PM
Hello there, I'm someone who is returning to PoE after over a year of not playing it, I would like to ask if it's possible to play this build if you start from scratch with a new character and you have no money to buy any uniques? I'm struggling to find a build to start with and get going into PoE so I'd just like to know if it's possible. Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info