[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

First of all I am really enjoying the build, thanks. Secondly what do you think my best upgrade would be? I was thinking a 6L chest but wasnt 100% sure.

Spoiler

Any tips would be great thanks!!
"
cmphx wrote:

"
Great build! Saw your post on reddit, and decided to try it out. Coming from a regular LA Crit Pathfinder, it's a nice change.

If you have a moment, could you critique my character\build, and tell me where I should go from here, gear wise?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Simonzi/characters

I'm less focused on move speed as you are. I grabbed a cheap QotF, and my move speed went down from using my DD. I know it'll go up during flasks, but overall MS is less of a priority to me. I'm running the build as a Pathfinder, so I get the auto poison during flasks, and can skip the Snakebites.

Looking at my build/gear, what do you think would give the best upgrade, as I really only have the currency for one right now:

Going to a 6L from 5L Chest.
+1 Drillneck from regular.
Buying a helm with the +2 barrage enchant, and hoping to chaos/essence spam for some life and a resist?
Dying Sun Flask and another smaller gear upgrade.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

nice character. i guess it depends on what you need. if you want mapping speed, get a dying sun. for the best single target, get 6L barrage setup. either or :D dying sun is probaby better as it also adds arrows to barrage.
you might want to switch slowerproj into your LA setup instead of faster attacks , if you feel llike you need more damage on LA

Thanks. Sold my old Harbinger and had a little bit more currency than expected. Upgrade to a 6L chest, grabbed a Dying Sun, and grabbed a helm with a +2 Barrage enchant. Tossed a Deafening Greed on it, got int (allowed me to save a point on the tree) and two resist with an open prefix, and called it a day. Will probably try to get other pieces of % Chaos Damage jewelry, and save towards a +1 Drillneck or 6L Reach.

Thanks again.

Edit: Also, I tried a slower proj in my LA, but I couldn't deal with how slow they were. I clear trash fairly quickly, and do fine without it.

Followup question. I have 2x 20/20 Added Chaos Damage and 20/20 Void Manipulation (21/20's are just too expensive). What should be the priority from there for 20/20 gems?
Last edited by Acadia18 on Oct 2, 2016, 10:19:28 PM
Hi. I'd like to showcase my current adaptation of this build:

Items:

Stats:

Tree:

111 Points

The tree is basically identical to the OP's, minus the frenzy and movement speed nodes

Notes:

I use Cospri's Will to bypass the need for frenzy generation. I lose out on the movement speed but thats a minor hindrance (IMO). I feel i'd rather not be constantly aware of my charges at all times, especially during nervous boss fights. It also saves a gem slot and a hotkey bar slot since i don't need the frenzy skill.

I use Vuln on hit gloves to curse and poison enemies. Being non-Snakebite, i was able to get a cheaper pair with life and res for 70c

It's true that the first shot is needed to curse and the second to poison, but i haven't felt lack of performance in any way, since my preference is to spam at enemies off-screen. It also doesn't matter so much in groups as everyone does the cursing for you in every direction.

CW also has the advantage of allowing a second curse to boost any aspect i need, in this case i have Blasphemy-Enfeeble for added safety in close quarters.

Starkonja's Head is a great helmet which gives moderate crit chance and attack speed offensively, while offering up to 100 life and added evasion when you're close to death.

Conclusion:

This is one of the great builds going around atm.

With 6k+ life, and a clear speed above most other builds, i have never felt more safe and powerful.

Whether you decide to stick the King, or use my unorthodox version, you can't go wrong with this guide.

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
is this viable for hardcore? any changes? maybe in curses/cwdt?

arent atziri step boots good for this? (and get resists on jewels)
Last edited by wsbisev on Oct 3, 2016, 5:00:31 AM
interesting build im thinking of trying it out, saw it on the hege stream

other than queen of the forrest is there any other chests you would reccomend for the build , i have a near perfect kintsugi and lightning coil, and access to other chests. (or even an es variant)
I also have a rather nice rare chest

or would you use queen of the forrest over all those options?

Whatever army I have, I'll lead against them...
...until I've won or I'm dead.
• Level 38 VS The World • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929461
• Crafting Service • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451155

It is one of the strongest builds I've ever played since open beta. Kudos!
IGN: Aristona
Ahhhh, finally found the build which doubled the Reach prices. :)

Looks amazing, I am intending to try it if I can buy a Reach for myself.
"
haHAAm wrote:
hey I'm following your guide thanks for sharing!
I have questions:
1.Volley Fire jewel(gives 2 additional barrage projectiles) work for this build?
2.it's so hard to get amulet and rings with increased chaos damage% no one sell it and i have to craft it my own so can you prioritize the attributes(HP, resis..)

1. volley fire does not help with barrage single target. it adds extra arrows to the side, making barrage an aoe skill. But LA is much better at AoE clearing and we only use Barrage for single target
2. its not terrible if you cant get one. Life, resist are most important on rings. An open prefix for the elreon flat chaos craft is nice too. for starters, just life+resist is enough. you can get the chaos damage ones as an endgame upgrade

"
juanvander wrote:
Hi, I'M IN LOVE WITH YOUR BUILD!
I've started leveling the char a few days before you posted it on Reddit, and I was about to buy a Reach at 3ex, but then the price escalated way too far out of my wallet. My question is if this build can work with a 5L Lion's Eye Glare and a 5L Queen of the Forest through maps until T15 and Uber Izaro. Also, are there another alternatives to the Lion's Eye Glare Bow that may be more expensive (but not as expensive as a Reach) that could increase the damage of this build?

Thank you!

Yes it should work until T15 with decent other gear. However I highly recommend you buy a "Death's Opus" Bow instead of lioneyes glare for maps higher than T11. The Deaths Opus bow is very good, some guys mentioned it here and on reddit. in fact it is so good that its almost equal to reach. I tried one and in my setup and damage calculations its as good as a reach for me.

"
Sterisk wrote:
If I have enough money, should I go straight for Death's Opus or still get lioneye's glare?

deaths opus straight ! its much better than glare.

"
GGZII wrote:
How exactly does I raise the vaals properly? Thanks

check my vid again, i raise one, few seconds later the other, so that after using frenzy barrage will hit both.

you dont need to kill both at the same time though. in my runs usually i made sure to kill the first, and get the second down as much as possible. once he goes down, use decoy totem somewhere, frenzy against the adds to make sure you will still have 4 charges when he comes back up. when he is back up, pay careful attention to what he is doing next. slam/icerain are easy to dodge and give you time for barrage. Laser and lightning balls need to be dodged quickly with blink arrow and running in circles. repeat until he is dead.

"
MMCShiNi wrote:
Another question: Where do you get mana from if you dont use a mana flask? I reached lvl 60 now and I have to constantly use mana flask while spamming LS and other spells, also Barrage on bosses. Maybe it gets better once I can use Reach.

you need to grab the duelist leech nodes. compare my tree to yours again. i picked the 0.4 life/mana leech node and a life leech node there. it will leech from all your damage, so also chaos, thats how you keep mana up.

"
micwizard wrote:
Hey i rlly enjoy your Guide! playing already t15 but i feel sometimes a bit squishy and i checked my resists and wanted to ask how much resists i should aim for 169% every element atleast? and should i get a curse immune flask?

i recommend you get at least one instant life flask. "seething" or "bubbling" divine or hallowed life flask of something. use those flasks when you get hit hard.
and yes, 169 all resist for being ele weak capped. a curse remove flask is not really necessary. If you feel squishy, revisit your playstyle. Do NOT stand still and just tank everything. move around , dodge, kite, retreat, make use of your mobility. its your best defense. if that doesnt help, try to replace arctic armour with blasphemy+enfeeble.

"
Neronos wrote:
Hey, great build!

Should I use gmp or lmp with death's opus?

Hi, either lmp or just a

"
JokerGore wrote:
First of all I am really enjoying the build, thanks. Secondly what do you think my best upgrade would be? I was thinking a 6L chest but wasnt 100% sure.

Spoiler

Any tips would be great thanks!!

Hi, as always, a dying sun is best for map clearing improvment. a 6L is best for more barrage single target

"

Thanks. Sold my old Harbinger and had a little bit more currency than expected. Upgrade to a 6L chest, grabbed a Dying Sun, and grabbed a helm with a +2 Barrage enchant. Tossed a Deafening Greed on it, got int (allowed me to save a point on the tree) and two resist with an open prefix, and called it a day. Will probably try to get other pieces of % Chaos Damage jewelry, and save towards a +1 Drillneck or 6L Reach.

Thanks again.

Edit: Also, I tried a slower proj in my LA, but I couldn't deal with how slow they were. I clear trash fairly quickly, and do fine without it.

Followup question. I have 2x 20/20 Added Chaos Damage and 20/20 Void Manipulation (21/20's are just too expensive). What should be the priority from there for 20/20 gems?

quality on slowerproj, voidmanip, pierce, barrage, added chaos is all important, the rest you can just level to 20 and then use the 20q recipe (except for grace lol. leave grace at lvl20)

"
fiqst wrote:

Items:

Stats:

Tree:

111 Points

The tree is basically identical to the OP's, minus the frenzy and movement speed nodes

Notes:

I use Cospri's Will to bypass the need for frenzy generation. I lose out on the movement speed but thats a minor hindrance (IMO). I feel i'd rather not be constantly aware of my charges at all times, especially during nervous boss fights. It also saves a gem slot and a hotkey bar slot since i don't need the frenzy skill.

I use Vuln on hit gloves to curse and poison enemies. Being non-Snakebite, i was able to get a cheaper pair with life and res for 70c

It's true that the first shot is needed to curse and the second to poison, but i haven't felt lack of performance in any way, since my preference is to spam at enemies off-screen. It also doesn't matter so much in groups as everyone does the cursing for you in every direction.

CW also has the advantage of allowing a second curse to boost any aspect i need, in this case i have Blasphemy-Enfeeble for added safety in close quarters.

Starkonja's Head is a great helmet which gives moderate crit chance and attack speed offensively, while offering up to 100 life and added evasion when you're close to death.

Conclusion:

With 6k+ life, and a clear speed above most other builds, i have never felt more safe and powerful.

Whether you decide to stick the King, or use my unorthodox version, you can't go wrong with this guide.

thanks so much for posting your varaiation. I love it ! lookks really great, i love the use of starkonjias to cover the life loss from using a cospris. i'll try to include your version in the main build guide so people can see how to make a good build around cospris instead of queen. thanks for sharing !

"
wsbisev wrote:
is this viable for hardcore? any changes? maybe in curses/cwdt?

arent atziri step boots good for this? (and get resists on jewels)

yeah you can grab phase acro and those boots. more life is generally helpful in HC, so maybe replace the devoto with a high life +high eva+ reist helmet.. other than that, do whatever you feel is needed, lots of modifications can be done (kaoms, belly, rare helmet, phase acro, more life/lessdmg in the tree, etc etc)

"
colwyn wrote:
interesting build im thinking of trying it out, saw it on the hege stream

other than queen of the forrest is there any other chests you would reccomend for the build , i have a near perfect kintsugi and lightning coil, and access to other chests. (or even an es variant)
I also have a rather nice rare chest

or would you use queen of the forrest over all those options?

you should def. try out queen first. the movespeed is incredible. you can get a cheap 5L, try it for a few lvls then decide.the other chests that you mentioned are all fine too though. you should experiment for yourself and go with what feels best to you. I stick to queen because i think its the best you can do, but others may say differently. make your own conclusions !

RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
fiqst wrote:

Items:

Stats:

Tree:

111 Points

Notes:

Conclusion:

fiqst, how does your dps compare to OP's version? the screenshot you have shown, is that the hideout dps such that its comparable to OP's screenshots? Im thinking of starting a build and considering between both options.

Thanks!
is point blank on Passive Tree good for this build?

and is found now Essence of Delirium
Spoiler
"
--------
Stack Size: 1/9
--------
Upgrades a normal item to rare or reforges a rare item, guaranteeing one property

Weapon: Your Hits inflict Decay, dealing 1000 Chaos Damage per second for 10 seconds
Gloves: Socketed Gems deal 30% more Damage over Time
Boots: Cannot be Poisoned
Body Armour: 50% reduced Chaos Damage taken over time
Helmet: +2 to Level of Socketed Aura Gems
Shield: Recover 2% of your maximum Mana when you Block
Quiver: 40% increased Damage with Poison
Amulet: 0.5% of Chaos Damage Leeched as Life
Ring: 40% increased Damage with Poison
Belt: +50% to Chaos Resistance while using a Flask
--------
Right click this item then left click a normal or rare item to apply it.

on Rings is it nice 40% more DPS with Poison its posstiv or not?
or Amulet 0.5% of Chaos Dmg leech life.

hm

my gear is nothing to good better rings an Amulet

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info