[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

"
dankNstein wrote:

Thanks for your help, I also noticed you were using a sulphur flask in your video, I might have to try that out for when I get to unload a ton of damage during his beam.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/dankNstein/characters

Not sure if this link works, never posted a character profile before but the char name is DontPlayMeta and I think the gear/jewels is on there. I should probably setup a better spell totem with inc duration and faster casting. Was doing it this way so I didn't have to switch gems all the time because I can forget to switch them back a lot of the time and it gets a little tedious :p. I have 2 fragments I managed to farm so I'm half way back to getting there. I think after I level 1 more time I'm gonna spec out of 1 life node and get the increase flask charge duration and gained nodes which will leave me at about 6.2k hp at lvl 92 which I think is fine. I'm also thinking of cutting out ice golem from this build to free up a gem slot, the thing is just perma dead I've felt like on both of my characters I've played this season, good while its up but even in maps it's honestly just permanently dead.

On a side note I think once I'm able to farm some more mortal fragments I'll be able to take down atziri this time, I tried it and failed before I got some upgrades but I think my damage is capable of killing a Vaal before he goes down now. Will try the shaper again soon. I'm loving this build, probably one of the best I've played.

I cant view your characters tab, since your profile is set to private. Go through the settings until you find that, and be sure not to "hide characters tab"

Definetely try out, and practice using a wither totem. It is downright OP for this build.

The flask nodes are very important you should get them very early. not only do they help with mapping, but also with mana issues.

You are right about the golem, its not needed at all.
I'm glad you like the build !

"
Acudz wrote:

Hey OP. Thanks for the guide. Im trying it now. Do you think This belt and
"Vessel of vinktar topaz flask" will work in this build?. I have the belt, but not the flask so i cant test it.

Hey, I dont know how the mechanics of the chaos damage from leech is working with that belt. BUt the bbelt is great and you can use it, its a great item. Vessel of Vinktar itself is okay to use, but not as insane as for other builds (unless you have a legacy one . that one is insanely good). If you truly wanted to make use of vinktar, you'd have to go vaal pact.

"
CosmicMidget wrote:
Hello,

actually want to hear your opinion on that additional Frenzy charge in the bottom(Savagery). Is it really worth it in your opinion?

I kinda sitting on the fence between this power charge and getting 2 * 4% projectile damage nodes + jewel on the right.
Since projectile damage is important, i'm leaning towards additional jewel atm.

Maybe closer to level 100 i'll actually take both.

Hi, i dont know exactly what youre talking about. You need at least two "increased frenzy charge duration" nodes in the tree, or the charges wont last too long. so its good to pick up that extra charge aswell.

"
CosmicMidget wrote:

But i already have 4 charges from the right side of the tree. The bottom one in the skill tree actually adds 5th frenzy charge, which is my i'm asking.

<-this jewel value vs 5th frenzy charge value, i think jewel wins by far. No?

Do not use the bottom one. Only use one frenzy charge extra, so you have a total of 4. You could use 5, but irecommend getting only one extra from the tree.

"
Tagek wrote:
I don't have uber lab unlocked yet and probably won't for a while. Do you think in that case it would be better to skip the deadly infusion ascendancy for now so I can get toxic delivery?

It seems weird to take toxic delivery last since it's such a huge dps boost.

yeah you could, its not set in stone, I prefered to have more crits vs. stronger crits.

Toxic delivery is your boss killer. Deadly infusion helps with mapping clearspeed. While leveling, I prefer to have higher mappping speed, the boss killing is happening only at higher levels anyways.

"
CroDanZ wrote:
"
hover over the boss with your mouse, then press a button, it will namelock then.

Sadly this dont work for me.

When I press "A" nothing happens. :/

In option "A" is set for corpse targeting.

Hows namelock called in the input setting?

Clerith explained already. And LOL! I did not mean the "A key", but just , any button, lol, i mean, any key that your attack is linked to. omg.

"
GGZII wrote:
The minataur map, I dealt like no damage and died 3 times, any idea how to make myself do more damage? this is my gear

Spoiler

Your gear is fine. Here is improvements that you can get if you feel like your damage sucks:

1. Please make sure you are at max.(4) Frenzy Charges
2. A 6L will be a great damage upgrade for barrage
3. Please make sure you are at max.(4) Frenzy Charges
4. A +2 barrage Projectiles enchant is a huge upgrade
5. Please make sure you are at max.(4) Frenzy Charges
6. Using your pots when you want to do damage is important, especially the diamond flask
7. Please make sure you are at max.(4) Frenzy Charges
8. Make sure you are standing in a good position so all of the projectiles hit the boss
9. Please make sure you are at max.(4) Frenzy Charges
And lastly, please watch your charges. If you're streaming, take your time to watch the fight again for yourself and analyze what you actually did. Watch it all again, look at what time you actually had charges, check when you used pots, and improve your playstyle. its not so much about gear with this build, the most power comes when everything works together, and for that you are responsible yourself.

"
TwoZeroThree wrote:
Is it possible for you to list the endgame upgrades in order of importance?

1. craft the added chaos and get good chaos jewlry
2. For mapping speed, get a dying sun. For single target, get a 6L barrage
3. all the rest comes after
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
dankNstein wrote:
Back to post that I dropped ice golem completely as a gem slot, linked faster casting to my wither spell totem + started using a sulphur flask like the creator of this build and killed the shaper. Died 2 times because Zana died to his adds and then he instantly black ball phased but was easily able to pick it back up with wither totem and sulphur flask. Thanks to cmphx for this amazing build. This was the first POE expansion/league I ever tried to push into any sort of endgame and get to level 90+ and it was a blast on this character. Sadly no starforge but I will get it one day! ;)

Wow congrats bro !!! Your crowning achievement ;)
Last edited by dankNstein on Jul 17, 2020, 6:15:27 AM
Hey nice build!
Quick question, to use added chaos damage lvl 20 i need 111 int, are the 3 points u take in the tree enough? Or do i need some int in my gear? (i'm still lvl 42 with this char )
Ty!
"
Mahat89 wrote:
Hey nice build!
Quick question, to use added chaos damage lvl 20 i need 111 int, are the 3 points u take in the tree enough? Or do i need some int in my gear? (i'm still lvl 42 with this char )
Ty!

Hi if you copy the tree of my build 1:1, then you'll need 18 intelligence from your gear still to use a lvl20 added chaos.

if you want to use a level 21 gem, you need 21 intelligence from gear
Last edited by cmphx on Sep 30, 2016, 9:27:34 AM
Very nice - but enchants are such a fucking pain.. I have over 60 uber labs and didnt even get an useful enchant
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Sep 30, 2016, 12:20:21 PM
How is this build for running Uber Lab with just a 5L Glare and 5L/tabby chest? I started building a EQ Jugg lab runner and I just hate the EQ playstyle so want to get back to something range.
What kind of gloves do you use for atziri run?
So I have a deadeye build and have been farming with it for awhile, I can't do higher tier maps (Tier 10+) mainly because I die way too fast. Is there any way I can stick with being deadeye but just move some point/passive nodes around?

Here is my tree at the moment.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAQBeBS0FtQYjCC4IiQqbDPINjRPaFUMWvxmOGo0hdiP2JP0mlSyFMHEwfDH6MpQ2PTnUOkI-z0MxSn1LeEz_TZJOKlFHVP5VS1WFWhpbJluvXWhh4mKsbIxtbHBSdO11_Xb3eOt7FH11fwJ_K3_7hG-Gzod2idOMNo19jX6Nv5AKlLiVBZXMmvGbjZ2qoJ-hpKXLpuCn1LEBtUi7473mwTPBScMzxKLI3MqpzZjPXtN-1CPUQtnG2sHdqOHb45_nCudU53To1um96mLrFO0_7YPvevC7-WP8xf4d_rr-yP_e

I figured I should just go 1:1 on the shadow tree, but for ascendancy nodes I have no idea.
Have you tried a Decay (Essence of Delirium) crafted bow, especially for poison immune fights? You would lose 4 projectiles, but you would get ~22k DPS from the dot if my math is right, and this is ignoring frenzy charges. (Scales gems and passive chaos and proj damage) It probably isn't better for general clear, but it might end up being more damage on bosses or at least the ones you can't poison.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info