[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

"
zakariusqc wrote:

Between, im streamming quite often now, using this build so if you want to see it in action, come to say hello (yea im a french (quebecois) streammer but my english is quite decent). im no where near OP gear but its getting pretty damn strong atm.

Ah nice! I'm from Montreal. I'll definitely come by your stream :)
"
Romados wrote:
"
zakariusqc wrote:

Between, im streamming quite often now, using this build so if you want to see it in action, come to say hello (yea im a french (quebecois) streammer but my english is quite decent). im no where near OP gear but its getting pretty damn strong atm.

Ah nice! I'm from Montreal. I'll definitely come by your stream :)

You will be welcome:)
i forgot to put my twitch link lol. i will put it tommorow. Im on my phone atm

Just picked up an Opus bow for SBC, the damage is insane when I replaced my GMP with slower projectile ;) but lost some clear speed.

How important is devoto? I'm finding it really difficult to res cap without my rare helm. And with poe.trade showing outdated/slow items is not helping me find these items ;(.
"
Recovary wrote:
Just picked up an Opus bow for SBC, the damage is insane when I replaced my GMP with slower projectile ;) but lost some clear speed.

How important is devoto? I'm finding it really difficult to res cap without my rare helm. And with poe.trade showing outdated/slow items is not helping me find these items ;(.

I'm not ele weakness capped but I haven't seen that map mod almost at all it seems this season so far. They might have moved it almost entirely into red maps alone or something? Basically just get 75 all and you should be mostly fine until later mapping. I'm easily there and all my rare's cost me a total of 4c (one for each slot)0

Btw looked at your char and you should prioritize getting at least your merc lab done now. Not having two points into the toxic tree hurts. You will be blown away by how much the last 4 points in ascendancy will do for you. I modified the path because I felt that I have enough crit on my character and didn't get the last 2 of the crit tree first and it has produced very good results in clearspeed.
Hello,
Thanks for this awesome build man.
I am currently at lvl 80 on breach and yesterday got my Death's Opus so I've changed my GMP to void manipulation. The damage increase is huge but i don't know if playing with gmp till Reach of the Council isn't better idea. What should I do?
"
Naderus wrote:
Hello,
Thanks for this awesome build man.
I am currently at lvl 80 on breach and yesterday got my Death's Opus so I've changed my GMP to void manipulation. The damage increase is huge but i don't know if playing with gmp till Reach of the Council isn't better idea. What should I do?

why not just use lmp? That is what I do. Much smaller "lesser multiplier" and still extra projectiles.
Hi! First of all, what an amazing build! I haven't even gotten around to doing Merc lab yet and I'm already murdering the Atlas.

One question though, how do you guys deal with high chaos resistant bosses? They go down eventually but it takes quite a while. Should I avoid farming these maps altogether?
Just to help out those who are complaining about the build.

1) You absolutely MUST have all your ascendancies before the build starts to shine. It's doable before, but until you get all your poison mechanics going you won't really feel the full power. So stick with it, and when you finish your uber lab the build just comes alive. Also I'd say finish the poison nodes first, then do the Uber lab for the crit node. I did it the other way around, and Uber lab is actually not so easy without those poison nodes for extra damage.

2) It's much easier to play with a poison gem. Yes it hurts the damage a bit, but it's just a huge quality of life thing. For general mapping and reasonably easy bosses you don't need it, but for bosses that take a while to spawn or have long periods of time between adds, poison gem is just so much easier. Takes a few seconds longer to kill, but so much more fun to play. Using frenzy is F'ing annoying...

3) Don't overlook the power of a basic Harbinger bow. With Assassin ascendancy you can easily crit cap 95% a harbinger bow. So while you do have to use GMP as one of your gems, you don't have to use Increased Crit Strikes gem to crit cap. And since Harbinger bows are currently out of favour, you can actually pick up a pretty decent one for not that much. Legacy Reach of the Council is still very good, but harbingers are very overlooked in this build.

4) I know it's very expensive, but Atziri gloves with a poison gem in your 6L is far better than using Snakebite gloves and having to maintain frenzy charges the whole time. I'd even prefer Maligaro's gloves to Snakebite.

Here's the bow and Gems I'm using (there's way better, but I crafted it myself after the hybrid phys crafting nerf so I like it)

The very first map I did when I finished my uber lab was T15 Abyss. It was absolutely shocked at how easy it was. Clear the whole map running at insane speeds and absolutely melted the boss.

Assassin ascendancy needs a serious nerf. Not only is the crit chance insane and OP on it's own, but then the poison nodes are the most ridiculous damage boost in the entire game.

So enjoy Assassin while you can. I expect a nerf in the next patch. It should have either massive Crit, OR massive damage. Not both. 0.02$
Last edited by VixTrader on Dec 6, 2016, 7:06:27 AM
For people having problems with this on Breach HC - this is the setup I use which doesn't cost that much chaos:

Gear:
Spoiler

More tips:
1) Until you get at least +2 to projectiles (from bow or whatever) use frenzy as your single target attack
2) If you can't put snakebite into the action - use poison instead of slower projectiles
3) Use herald of ice + curse on hit + poacher's mark as cheap way to auto-generate frenzy charges - this way it's quite sustainable (I haven't taken any increased frenzy charge duration nodes yet)
4) Switch to Queen of the forest as soon as possible - the increase in survivability is the most important

I have now over 20K frenzy tooltip with buffed charges and I'm absolutely destroying Dried lake with this setup. :-)

I'm now lvl 76 in BHC.
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
Last edited by Filousov on Dec 6, 2016, 7:29:01 AM
"
3) Use herald of ice + curse on hit + poacher's mark as cheap way to auto-generate frenzy charges - this way it's quite sustainable (I haven't taken any increased frenzy charge duration nodes yet)

So waste 3 Gemslots instead of using Bloodrage k

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info