Random key giver

"
omfgzlolz wrote:
I don't think it's random at all. If you right click on the users who have won, they seem to be people who created their accounts in August/September 2011. If it was completely random, you would expect to see some Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan (2012).
Plenty of accounts from the past few months are getting in. Just look around at more of the complaint threads; people are complaining that others are getting invited within days of creating the account. There are dozens of similar reports that show accounts from all ranges of time getting in, old and new.

There are people who just don't post on forums, so their accounts appear inactive. Almost every online game has a far larger player base than it has active forum posters because of this trend. This isn't anything new to the gaming world, and certainly not anything to be troubled about.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Jan 24, 2012, 8:07:18 PM
"
omfgzlolz wrote:
if they make people wait too long, they will either lose interest or find another game

I know I did. But thats cool with me. IMO, you don´t sign up for a closed beta test expecting to get in and play the game. You do so hoping you might get in and get to contribute to making it better before open beta starts.

When I got access it happened when I had forgotten I made an account here in the first place.

And seriously.. is it even possible to create a thread in this area without some random people just posting `gief key plox!?'..
Call me sadistic, but I kind of hope they don't get one..
Murphy's Law also is true for this random key giveaway. And i think most people screaming 'give me a key, give me a key' are ones who think beta ist another word for 'demo version of a later pretty cool game and i have some knowledge, so i am gonna pwn you all', but i can be wrong about this.

And there are new acoounts getting in, the day i created my account i saw someone get a key only five minutes after creating it...but so what? Isn't waiting for a key like this only one more exciting part? Well at least a more exciting and less frustrating part than waiting for other games like Diablo 3, cause you can see, that beta keys are given away and that something's coming, not like with Diablo 3. 'Oh, we are still working on the core game engine and our Senior Producer just quit, so don't wait for us for another two years, guys', hell how do i like that!

But there is some truth in it, that people who have been waiting more than 12 months should automatically get a key.
I got very lucky and someone was nice and gave me a friend key the first day I signed up. I wish it would give active members key's regularly so they can be given out to people active in the forum's looking for a key easier. *(ie...give keys to those who are asking for them without making it desperate search time to reg. forum members)*
TY Phranx for the Beta!
I wish the keys were more waited towards active members. I haven't been waiting long, so I am not one to say anything. However, i've noticed that a good number of the keys are given to people who signed up a few months back logged in a few days after that and never logged in again.
It's a shame but what can you do?

Aside from that, I am stoked about this game and can't wait!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info